Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Unexpected Love"
Part 3
by Cathy
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, I just borrowed them for a short time period.
Summary: While Liz is in Paris, she bumps into an old friend from Roswell and as they grow closer, they realize that it might be more than just a friendship they are building.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: Anything that is in between ** is a thought. This is my first fanfic, so please leave feedback. Thanks
When they reached the club, Thomas and all of Liz's friends were already there.

As soon as Thomas saw Liz, he grabbed her and kissed her passionately. Michael thought he was going to be sick.

"Babe, this is Michael. I knew him in Roswell." Liz said after Thomas stopped kissing her.

"Hi, Thomas." He put his hand out and Michael shook it.

"Michael, this Katrina, Tina, Rose, Fran, Joseph, Tim and Ryan." Everyone said their hellos.

"So, let's go in," said Thomas. "I want to dance with my girl."

As they entered the club, they paired off with the exception of Liz, Thomas, Katrina and Michael.

"Come on Liz, I want to dance." Thomas said as he tried to drag her to the dance floor.

"Babe, I don't want to leave Michael alone."

"Liz don't worry about it, I'll keep him company." said Katrina. Liz looked at Michael.

"Go ahead. I'll be fine here." So Liz and Thomas went off to dance.

"So do you dance stranger?" Katrina asked Michael seductively.

"Nope. I have two left feet. I even tried taking dancing lessons for an old friend, but my instructor said I was hopeless."

"Well then why don't we get drinks and we can get to know each other." As she said this, Katrina rubbed up against him. Michael followed the beautiful stranger over to the bar.

"So, Babe, tell me about this guy Michael, old boyfriend?"

"No, Thomas, I told you he is just an old friend. He used to date my best friend and I used to date his best friend."

"And now you're living together?"

"Will you stop with the over-possessiveness. He is just a friend."

"Ok, Whatever." Liz pulled away from him. She gave him a look, turned around and headed to where Michael and Katrina were at the bar.

"What's the matter Liz?" Katrina asked.

"Nothing, I just needed a drink." The bartender came over and placed two shots in front of her. As Thomas walked over, she downed them both and ordered two more. Michael and Katrina just stared at her speechless

"Liz, honey, maybe you should pace yourself?"

"Whatever" Thomas took her arm.

"I'm serious." Michael walked over and grabbed Thomas's arm.

"Maybe you should take your hands off my friend." Michael said as he glared at Thomas.

"What are you going to do about it." Thomas said as he let go of Liz's arm.

"You don't want me to answer that." The two of them were within feet of each other.

"Guys stopped." Liz yelled as she stepped in between the two of them.

"What's your problem, man?" Michael questioned.

"You are."

"What did I do to you?"

"You moved in with my girl." Michael started laughing. This was making Thomas furious.

"Oh I see," Michael said as he stifled a laugh. "No self-esteem. Think something is going to happen between me and Liz."

"Oh come on, please. You come out of nowhere and move in with her, there has got to be something there."

"Yeah there is, she is a really good friend. One that will do anything for you even if it means hurting herself. Tom, you're an ass. You don't deserve a girl like Liz."

"Whatever, why don't you just stay out of my way and away from my girl while your in Paris."

"It will be kinda hard to do that if I am living with her don'tcha think."

"Find your own place."

"He's staying with me Thomas, for as long as he likes." Liz stated

"Then why don't you and your friend get the hell out of my face."

"With pleasure." Thomas was shocked, not expecting Liz to drop him like that. He had thought that she was this weak little girl who needed someone to lean on. Boy was he wrong. Liz grabbed Michael by the arm and lead him out of the club.

"Bye Katrina, nice meeting you." Michael yelled. Katrina just waved; she was too stunned to speak.

When they got outside the club, Liz let go of Michael and just started walking.

"Liz, wait up." Michael ran after her.

"I think I just want to be alone, Michael."

"Why? That guy was an ass. See I told you we had to get rid of him." Liz stopped in front of a bar. It looked like a really cozy place.

"Wanna go in here?" Liz asked.

"Don't you think you had enough to drink."

"Lets get this straight Michael. If you are going to try and tell me what to do, you might as well leave right now. I am sick and tired of men trying to run my life, telling me what i can and can not do. You didn't listen to Max when he told you, you couldn't leave. I moved to Paris to get away from everyone who was telling me what to do. This is my life and if I want to get drunk, I am going to get drunk. Now do you want to go in here." Michael just looked at her. He couldn't believe it; the Liz Parker he knew from Roswell grew up and wasn't taking anybody's shit anymore. ** I guess that will happen to you when the love of your life marries someone else. **

"Sure, lets go in here. It looks like a nice place." Liz looked at him, smiled and walked into the bar. Michael followed her in. There were not many people in the bar. It was a decent size bar, with tables along the wall opposite the bar. Liz walked over to an empty table and sat down. Michael joined her as the waitress came over.

"What can I get you?"

"I'll have a screwdriver." replied Liz. The waitress looked at Michael.

"I'll have the same."

"Shall I start a tab?" the waitress asked.

"Yep." Liz stated. The waitress walked away. Michael looked at Liz.

"What?"

"Nothing. I was just wondering what happened to the plain old Liz Parker that I used to know."

"You're looking at her."

"Your not the same person anymore, Liz. You're stronger, even though that is hard to believe, because you were a strong person in Roswell. But I guess you had to be with everything that went on."

"Well I had no choice to get stronger. You have to understand Michael, you also lost the love of your life." Just then the waitress came over with the drinks.

"Can you make that two more and 4 shots of vodka." Liz gave him a look of shock. "What? It's going to be a long depressing night, we might as well drown our sorrows in liquor." Liz just laughed.

"Your nuts, Michael."

"Whatever." Then they laughed. It was something that the two of them really needed. "Ok now, that I met this guy, I can see why you were into him. Like I said early. The complete opposite of Max Evans. Max would have never spoke to you or treated you that way."

"Exactly. Everything Max is, he is not. I tried to use him to get over Max. I guess three weeks didn't do the trick, but being away from there and not seeing him has helped. Not that I am totally over him, hell I'll never stop loving him, he was my first love, my soul mate, he was my everything."

"Then why did you pretend to sleep with Kyle, if Max meant so much to you. By doing that you just drove him straight into Tess's arms."

"It's complicated"

"I'm not going anywhere." Liz looked down.

"Anything I tell you Michael, it stays between me and you right? I have not told anyone about this well except Maria, but Maria is Maria. It's not going to sound like it makes sense, hell you're probably going to think I am crazy, but...."

"Will you just tell me already."

"Ok, but you have to promise not to laugh." Michael just gave her a look. "Ok. Ok. I was sitting in my room when Max well it was Max, but a Max from the future showed up outside my window. He goes to tell me that Tess leaves Roswell because me and him, well me and Max, we become inseparable. That we get married and we.. well Max treats her bad. He said that he used the granolith to go back in time to change the future. He said that he came to me because I am the one he trusts. He asked me to make Max fall out of love with me. I tried everything. I set him up to meet Tess, I told him that I wouldn't die for him. Nothing worked. Then Maria told me how she felt when she saw you and Courtney together and that is how I came up with the plan to pretend to sleep with Kyle."

"God, Liz. You did that for all of us."

"It was either that or the world was going to end. Future Max told me that 25 minutes before he came back in time, he held you in his arms dying. Isabelle died two weeks before that. See with Tess leaving, she was an essential part of the four of you. It's different with you not being there, because you'll return if there is danger, but she left for good. You guys couldn't beat your enemies."

"I can't believe this. Liz you have to tell Max this."

"Michael, no, we can't. This is the way it is supposed to be. I'm fine. I've gotten over it somewhat. I just want to be friends with him still, but after what he said to me, I can't. It's like he really doesn't care about me anymore. But promise me, give me your word, swear to me that you will never tell anyone what I told you."

"Liz.."

"Michael, I'm serious. You tell him and I will disappear and nobody will be able to find me."

"Fine. I swear that I will never tell anyone what you just told me."

"Thank you."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For everything. For Max bringing you into all this. For having to go through all this pain for the four of us. When everything first happened I hated Max for telling you, for healing you. But now god, I'm such an ass. Look what you did for us. I have so much respect for you Liz, now. More then ever. I knew you were a friend after I read your diary, but to sacrifice you one true love for the sake of everyone."

"Michael, I would have rather gone through the pain than to not know what it is like to love. The day Max healed me changed my life and I thank him for it. If he didn't reveal himself to me then my life would be this boring thing, just like everyone else. And I would probably wouldn't be here right now. I don't regret anything. I would say that I wouldn't want to change anything, but that would be a lie. I wish I would have had my wedding day."

"Wedding day?"

"If we didn't change anything, me and Max would have gotten married. Future Max told me that we eloped, we were nineteen. We went to Vegas and got married in the Elvis chapel, the rest of you met us halfway and we celebrated in some dive in Phoenix."

"Wow. I don't know if I would have been able to do what you did for us Liz. Thank you. Thank you so much." He got up and went over to her. He took her in his arms and hugged her. "If only everyone could have a friend like you." Liz held back the tears.

"Thanks Michael." He let her go. He looked at her and wiped away the one tear that had escaped her eye. He kissed her forehead and sat back down.

"I don't know about you but I can go for another drink and a couple of shots."

"Oh I can definitely can use that." Michael signaled for the waitress to come over.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.