Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Unexpected Love"
Part 2
by Cathy
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, I just borrowed them for a short time period.
Summary: While Liz is in Paris, she bumps into an old friend from Roswell and as they grow closer, they realize that it might be more than just a friendship they are building.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: Anything that is in between ** is a thought. This is my first fanfic, so please leave feedback. Thanks
Three weeks had passed and Liz knew Paris like the back of her hand. If you met her you would think that she had lived there her whole life, well except for the fact that she did not have a French accent.

Liz was sitting in her favorite café, waiting for the waiter to take her order. It was a beautiful summer night. She was celebrating because she was accepted at the school she was currently attending for the fall semester. She had decided to finish school in Paris. She was having too much fun to leave in August. She had made many friends and was seeing a guy who was smart and gorgeous. His name was Thomas. He had blonde hair and blue eyes and he never planned anything. That is what Liz liked about him the most. He didn't care what the consequences of things would be. He was the total opposite of Max Evans. Liz was meeting Thomas and her friends later to go dancing. They were so happy that she was staying.

"Can I take your order?" The voice brought Liz out of her thoughts.

"Yes, I'll have." Liz started as she looked up at the waiter, ".Michael?"

"Oh my god, Liz!," Michael stammered. Liz stood up and gave him a hug and kiss hello.

"What are you doing here?" Liz asked.

"I was just going to ask you the same thing." He replied.

"I'm going to school here for the, well it was for the summer but I just got accepted to the fall program, so its till December. What about you?"

"Well, I visited here for a day or two before and I liked it so I decided to come back for a longer stay."

"Cool."

"Yeah, well let me get your order before I get in trouble."

"Oh, O.K. I'll have the Caesar salad with grilled chicken and a diet coke."

"Coming right up." Michael went to go put in her order and Liz sat back down.

**Wow. Out of all the people, I never thought I would run into Michael. It's good to see him. I haven't seen him since he left Roswell.**

He came over with her order and sat down. "I'm on a break, mind if I join you?"

"Not at all. So how have you been? Talk to anyone lately?"

"I'm not too bad. Still travelling. I just left the States. I went to.oh never mind."

"Max and Tess's wedding. You can say it. I'm fine with it."

"So fine, that you haven't returned to Roswell since you found out about it?"

"Whatever."

"Sorry. Truthfully, I don't think they belong together, but he said that he really loves her. If you would have told him the truth before you went away to school, I'm sure that it would have been your wedding this summer."

"I've moved on. I'm seeing someone right now and I did what I had to do."

"Truthfully?"

"I'm always going to love Max. Truthfully, I haven't totally moved on, but he's a married man now, not much I can do to change that."

"You could have told him the truth. Why did you lie anyway?"

"I did what I had to do and I'd rather not say why."

"Why not?"

"It's something I am not ready to share." Liz looked away from Michael.

"Ok. Well I got to get back to work. Hey, where are you staying, can I crash at your place till I find a place."

"I have a two bedroom apartment. Why don't you stay with me till you decide to leave?"

"I don't know about that."

"Michael, it will be fun and at least it will be cheaper for both of us. I know that you don't want to, but..."

"I'll think about it while I look."

"OK sounds good enough for me." As Michael walked away, Liz's phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hey babe, what's going on?"

"Hi Thomas."

"Um, we are running late. Can we meet at 11 instead of 10?"

"That works out great. I just ran into an old friend and he...."

"He?"

"Yes, he is going to stay with me to cut costs."

"I don't know if I like the idea of you living with some guy."

"Thomas, you have nothing to worry about. I knew Michael along time ago and there is no attraction there. He used to date my best friend."

"Whatever. So...we can meet at 11?"

"Yeah. That way i can show him the apartment and help him get settled?"

"Help him get settled?"

"Will you stop with the jealousy! In fact i think i might invite him to come out with us, so you can meet him. That way you can see that you have nothing to worry about."

"Whatever you want babe. I'll see you later." Liz hung up her phone and sighed. ** He is definitely not like Max. Max would never talk to me that way.**

"Jealous boyfriend?" Michael joked as he walked by with someone's order.

"Nothing for you to worry about." Liz replied.

"I'm not worried at all." Liz and Michael both laughed.

Michael got off work at 9. He found Liz and they started walking towards her apartment

"So tell me about your travels, Michael," Liz asked.

"I've been everywhere: France, Spain, England, Italy, Australia, that was my favorite, the Caribbean, Alaska, Switzerland, Japan. I never stay more then a week or two usually depends on if I am having a good time or not."

"Cool. Didn't you ever get lonely though and want to go back to Roswell?"

"Yeah, sometimes, I missed everyone, I still do, but part of me blames myself for what happened to Maria. If she never knew me maybe she would have lived a normal life and she would never have been where she was that night."

"Michael, it's not your fault. Even if you were human, and not in her life, it still could have happened. She was on her way to meet up with us to hang out. It was just a regular night. The other driver was drunk."

"I know, but.." Liz stopped in her tracks, and grabbed him by his arms.

"No buts. Michael look at me." He looked directly into her eyes. "Maria's death is not and never was your fault. It's been three years since it happened. You need to stop blaming yourself. You keep this up and you will never form a bond with anyone else ever again."

"What's so bad about that. I don't see you moving on. I see you doing the same thing I am, running away."

"That's mean Michael."

"But it's the truth."

"Fine, You want me to admit it, Yeah I am running away, but at least I am forming emotional bonds with people. I have a new boyfriend,"

"Yeah, I'm sure that is some relationship."

"You don't know anything about my relationship with my boyfriend."

"I overheard one conversation, that is all I needed to figure out he is a control freak and that the only reason why you are with him is because you need someone to use to get over Max. And why not his perfect opposite." Liz just looked at Michael in shock. She didn't know what to say. Michael looked away from her; he didn't like the way the conversation turned. Here Liz was trying to help him and he was pushing her away just like everyone else. And its not like she was nobody, she was a friend. "Liz.."

"Just forget it Michael."

"No, I'm sorry, I was wrong for saying those things. You were just trying to help and I jumped down your throat about your own life. I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I was the one being the ass. I have an idea. Since you are offering me this wonderful room in what I am sure is a great apartment, while I stay I will stay with you and we can help each other out."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes." Liz jumped in his arms and hugged him.

"I'm so glad you agreed." She looked up at him and smiled.

"First things, first," he said as he put her down. "We need to get rid of that boyfriend of yours." Liz laughed.

"Your gonna like him,Michael, trust me."

"I doubt that."

When they got to the apartment, Liz gave him the short version tour. Then she helped him get settled.

"Come on, get ready, we have to be at the club in an hour."

"Don't rush me woman."

"Whatever." They both looked at each other and laughed. "I'll be in the living room." Liz walked out and shut the door behind her. **This should be interesting** she thought.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.