FanFic - Other
"The Journey"
Part 6
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like to.
Summary: After finding out Maria's true identity, the gang deals with their feelings about the new-found knowledge. Could Maria's true identity be a danger to her?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Please email and let me know your thoughts on this fiction. If you can see the possibility of a third part to this fiction, please email me and tell me what you'd like to see in a third part. If you haven't read my first fic, "Secrets", then this fiction will make no sense because it's a sequel. To read my first fic, email me (jamiep@egyptian.net) or visit crashdown.com
"Maria! Hey, you alright?" Michael looked down at Maria’s limp body in his arms. "Maria!"

Maria’s eyes fluttered and she looked up at Michael. Her head was throbbing. "Michael." She said.

He pulled her up into a sitting position and kissed the top of her forehead. "God Maria, I thought I’d lost you." He rocked her back and forth in his arms. She rested her head against his chest. She couldn’t remember what had happened. She remembered finding the report and reading it, finding out that her father was still alive. But after that, she totally went blank. She looked at Michael.

"What happened?" She asked, strength returning to her body. She felt as if all her energy had been drained.

"I don’t know, hon. One minute you were standing there and the next you were falling. I think that maybe the excitement of finding out our fathers were still alive got to you." Michael looked down at her worriedly. "You do remember finding out our fathers are alive, don’t you?"

"Yeah, but that’s all." Maria’s strength had almost completely returned. "What time is it?" she asked Michael.

"It’s almost noon." He said.

"We better get this box packed back up and get ready to go meet everyone." She said, grabbing a pile of the closest bills and putting them back into the box.

Michael grabbed her hand and forced her to drop the second handful of bills that she had picked up. He looked deep into her eyes. She could see for the first time how worried he had been. A single tear trickled down his face. "I almost lost you Maria." He said. "I maybe am being selfish, but I don’t want to go back just yet. I want to be with you right now, just you." His hand traced the line of her cheekbone, so strong, yet so delicate. He pulled her lips close to his and kissed her.

Maria was surprised at how much Michael had really been hurting. He had thought that she was going to die. It too Maria by surprise when she made and instant connection with Michael. She saw flashes from his childhood, how he had seen and felt about her all those years, how he felt about his foster homes, his fears, and his loneliness. And just as suddenly as the connection was made, it was broken. Maria pulled away from Michael. It was the first time Michael had ever allowed Maria to connect to him. She pressed her head into his chest and he held her. The unspoken silence between them meant more than anything they could have ever said. They loved each other, and that was all that mattered.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.