FanFic - Other
"The Journey"
Part 15
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like to.
Summary: After finding out Maria's true identity, the gang deals with their feelings about the new-found knowledge. Could Maria's true identity be a danger to her?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Please email and let me know your thoughts on this fiction. If you can see the possibility of a third part to this fiction, please email me and tell me what you'd like to see in a third part. If you haven't read my first fic, "Secrets", then this fiction will make no sense because it's a sequel. To read my first fic, email me (jamiep@egyptian.net) or visit crashdown.com
Max, Michael and Liz has been at the information building for almost two hours. They’d come across nothing. It seemed that there hadn’t been anyone or anything weird in Grand Forks for years. Max knew it was possible that they’d hit a dead end.

"I think we’ve looked here all we can." He said to Michael.

Michael looked up at him. He has so many feelings going through his body. He was mad at Max. How could he have kissed Maria? How could he have hurt Liz like he did? Yet he felt Max wasn’t responsible. "I agree. I think it’s time to get out of here."

Max could tell something was bothering Michael. "Michael, what’s wrong?"

"Nothing." He said, standing up. "Let’s just go, ok?"

"Sure." Max said, standing up.

Liz stood up too, and grabbed Max’s hand. She wasn’t about to give up on him without a fight. Even if that meant she’d have to fight Maria. They got into the jeep and headed back towards the motel. It was almost 2:00 and Tess would be waiting. As they pulled into the parking lot they could see Tess standing in front. He looked at Michael and Liz , but their minds seemed to be millions of miles away. He knew it had to do with the whole situation that had happened that morning.

"Look guys," Max began. "I don’t know what you guys saw, but nothing happened between Maria and I. I didn’t see Maria before she and Isabel came to my room together. Besides Liz, would I do that to you? God Liz, you know better than anyone that I love only you. YOU!" Tears had formed in his eyes. "And Michael. You’re my best friend. I’d never do anything to hurt you. Man, I know how you feel about Maria. She’s the only person that you’ve let inside you. You love her, man. Maria and I are only friends. Nothing more. So whatever you think happened, it didn’t. Believe me."

"So what you’re telling me is that what we saw didn’t actually happen?" Michael shot Max an angry stare. "I’m just supposed to believe that Alex, Liz and I all dreamed at the same time that you Maria were kissing."

"I didn’t say that." Max said. "Think about it though. Doesn’t it seem weird that we hadn’t been together any other time except then. And doesn’t it seem even weirder that since Maria and I aren’t exactly getting along these days, with the possibility of her being my sister and all that we’d be together? I mean, come on. Think about it. Nothing is going on between us."

"Well if it didn’t happen, Max, what did we see?" Liz asked.

"I don’t know, Liz, I just don’t know." He said.

Part 14 | Index | Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.