FanFic - Other
"Tess to TESS"
Part 2
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters belong to the WB.
Summary: The forth alien arrives in Roswell only to find that she's already there in the form of a clone - Tess. Takes place after "Destiny."
Category: Other
Rating: PG
"What do you mean you don't think she's Tess?" Rolls her eyes, "I'll know that molecular altered blond anywhere." Lets out a gasp, "Oh my god Liz, Do you think she is another Shape-shifter?"

"No, She's Tess but not TESS."

Liz gets a cup and fills it with cherry cola. She then gets a bottle of Tabasco sauce and several packets of catsup and places them on a tray before getting the order from the cook.

"You're not making any sense Liz."

"Maria, I had a flash earlier."

"What? You didn't kiss her did you?"

"No, I was helping her after she fainted when I had a flash of her as a little girl in the Pod Chamber and I saw other things as well."

"Don't let her sucker you in," trying to control her anger. "Maybe you should call Max."

"Let's see what she has to say first okay," as she adds napkins to the tray. "After she eats we'll hear her out."

Liz grabs the laden tray from the order pick up window and turns around to leave when she sees Tess across the street. She recovers without dropping the tray and nudges Maria in the direction where she had just seen Tess. Maria stares wide-eyed and jaw dropped before turning and running for the stairs and up to the apartment.

(Meanwhile upstairs Alex and Tess are sitting opposite each other not saying a word. Tess is the first to speak.)

"What is your name, Liz didn't introduce us?" with a pleasant lilt in her voice.

"You've got to be kidding?" Alex jumps up from his chair.

"No, Liz didn't introduce us."

Alex runs his hands through his hair and starts to pace back and forth nervously and this is how Maria finds him. Liz enters the room shortly afterwards and after a brief delay when she places her hand under Maria's jaw and pushes up in an attempt to close her friends mouth she takes the tray over to Tess.

"Here you are." Placing the tray of food on the coffee table in front of the girl that may or may not be Tess.

They watch her eat in silence and take note of the large amount of Tabasco sauce that she douses on her burger and fries. Neither of them has ever seen Tess use Tabasco Sauce before. She eats everything on her plate.

"Thank you, that was very good." She smiles shyly realizing that they must think her a pig.

"When was the last time you eat?" Liz queries.

(Looks away so as not to see the looks on their faces.) "Two, three days ago."

"Can I get you something else?" Stands to go back downstairs to The Crashdown. "Maybe a piece of pie."

"Perhaps later." Flashes a warm smile at Liz.

"We saw Tess getting out of her car when we were downstairs." Liz blurts out.

Maria has now taken a challenging stance in front of the girl, "Who are you and why do you look like Tess?"

Tess hesitates for just a moment before proclaiming. "If I told you anything about myself you wouldn't believe me and it's quite possible that it will put your lives in danger."

Liz sits next to the girl on the couch and clasps her hand in hers. She feels that the girl wants to trust her and then she sees it in her eyes, the look of an innocent child trusting a parent.

"Try me, I want to believe and as far as my life being in danger - been there, done that.'' Liz beams her a wide smile.

"I don't know who I am or where I am from.'' Her voice breaks a little.

"My earliest memory is of being alone in a dark cave of sorts. Soon a man comes and takes me away to a large city. He cared for my personal needs but didn't talk much. I learned to speak by watching television and listening to the neighbors through the wall."

Maria queried, "Who was this man, did he have a name?"

"He said he had had many names but that I could call him Nasado when we were alone."

The girl gets an almost whimsical look on her face, her voice almost hypnotic as her story unfolds and keeps her audience captivated.

Nasado would leave me alone sometimes telling me that he had to find the others but he never told me whom the others were. It was during one of these times when several men came for me and took me away. When I asked where Nasado was they said that he wouldn't be back. Even thought Nasado didn't talk much I felt protected when he was around but with these men I felt pure evil emanating from their very soul. The first chance I had, I ran away from them.

"If it wasn't for Sondra…Oh my god! I need to call my sister…she's probably out of her mind with worry."

"Your sister?" They all exclaim at the same time in wide-eyed wonder.

"Liz, may I use your phone?" Tess looks at Liz for approval. " It's an international call but I'll pay for it, okay."

Tess is already picking up the phone and dialing while Liz is standing nodding her head yes.

They all inch closer to where Tess is speaking in rapid French to someone on the other end. They make out Dr. Sondra Gallagher and a few other words like sister but very little else. Tess frowns and hangs up the phone.

"She's checked out of her hotel and is returning to the states." She bites her lower lip before looking to Liz. "May I make one more call so I can leave a message and your number for her to call me here?"

Tess is picking up the receiver again when Maria takes it from her and replaces it to its cradle.

"Before you make any more calls we need answers and in English if you please?" Maria stares directly into the girl's eyes and folds her arms across her breast in the age-old stance of explain or else. "Who are you and why do you look like Tess?"

My name is Teresa Gallagher and I'm currently a student at The Sacred Heart School for Girls in New Orleans. My parents are teachers and are on sabbatical in England and my sister was giving a lecture in Paris until the nuns probably called her to tell her I was missing.

I've always had this feeling that I was a part of something: that something was missing. Throughout the years the feelings have changed to visions of three nondescript people. I've never seen their faces but I have seen their surroundings.

A couple of days ago I had a vision of The Crashdown Café. A few clicks of my mouse and I find its location in Roswell New Mexico. The feeling of danger to the others was so strong that I had to come.

When I was taken away from Nasado all those years ago I overheard my abductors talking of my replacement. Sondra believes that I was either cloned or replaced with a look-alike, Tess.

"You do know them, don't you?" Her eyes pleading for them to say yes, "I've been looking for them all my life and I think they're in danger," sighs before continuing. "I believe that one of them is my brother."

Liz, Maria and Alex look to each other and back to the girl but they say nothing.

"From your comments about Tess, I take it you don't like her."

"That's putting it mildly." Maria answers flippantly.

"We can't tell you anything about them without their permission, "Alex adds gently.

"I know it's asking a lot but will you trust me?" Frantic now. "Please let me call my sister, she'll know what to do."

They all nod in agreement.

Teresa calls her sister and leaves Liz's number. She tells her that she is safe and that she's with a friend.

Liz has seen Teresa yawn a couple of times and ask if she would like to take a nap. She declines the nap but ask if it would be okay to take a shower. Liz directs her to the bathroom and gives her a pair of jeans and a shirt since they're about the same size.

Maria stops Teresa with a light tug to her arm. "If I wanted my shirt to be yellow instead of blue what could you do about it?"

Teresa touches Maria's shirt changing it to yellow before pulling away and continuing on to take a well-deserved shower.

"Just checking," yells Maria to the closed bathroom door.

"Maria!" with indignation from Liz and Alex.

"What!" queries Maria? "She just saved me thirty bucks."

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.