FanFic - Other
"Tess to TESS"
Part 3
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters belong to the WB.
Summary: The forth alien arrives in Roswell only to find that she's already there in the form of a clone - Tess. Takes place after "Destiny."
Category: Other
Rating: PG
As soon as they hear the water running they huddle to discuss what has just taken place. If she is who she says she is then the Tess that they know is a danger to the group. They've been very careful not to mention names or anything relevant to Max, Michael and Isabel for safety reasons but sooner are later they will have to be told about Teresa and make their own decision on whether to believe her or not.

Liz, Maria and Alex are still talking when they no longer hear water running and assume Teresa has finished her shower. Liz thinks she hears Teresa calling her but is sure of it when Teresa bellows her name to come quickly.

Liz jumps up and runs to the bathroom and without knocking opens the door to find Tess wrapped in a towel and looking at something on her left wrist.

"Liz, this wasn't here before," a frightened Teresa exclaims.

Liz steps further into the bathroom and closer to Teresa and her eyes are drawn to the spot on the girls left wrist and lightly touches it.

"Oh my God, It's the Orb Symbol," Liz exclaims in amazement.

By this time Maria and Alex are both standing in the doorway.

Teresa is still looking at the mark that just appeared out of nowhere and inquires, "Liz, what does this mean?"

Liz doesn't answer her because she is transfixed by the images that are being, for lack of a better word, transmitted to her bathroom mirror as thought it were a TV screen. Images of Teresa as a child with her parents, at school on the playground, and of shopping with an older girl: her sister, flash by as though it were her biography.

"Teresa, what are you doing?" Liz nods toward the mirror.

"I'm not doing it Liz."

"Maria, Alex get in here," demands Liz. "Look in the mirror and tell me what you see?"

"I see four people in a crowded bathroom looking at themselves in the mirror." Maria countered mockingly.

"They don't see it Liz. But if I'm not doing it…" Looks to Liz questionably. "Are you like me?"

"No, Teresa I'm human," her eyes veiled. "I've just recently started to have visions but this is new."

Maria scrambles out of the bathroom and is frantically looking for something in Liz's dresser draws.

"Where is that grief relief I gave you a couple of months ago Liz?" Maria rummages through Liz's dresser drawers.

"Maria, calm down…the images are gone."

"Maybe we should let Teresa get dressed now," propels Alex's dazed and confused body out of the bathroom.

Across town at the Evans house, a very anxious Isabel runs into her brother's bedroom to show him the Orb Symbol that has just appeared on her right wrist. Needless to say, she is surprised when he reveals the same symbol on his right wrist. They are mystified even more thirty minutes later when Michael shows up having noticed the same symbol on his left wrist.

When Tess doesn't call or come over they decide to go to her. They agree not to mention the Orb Symbol to her unless she comments on it first. Tess is her usual self-absorbed self and is wearing a halter. A quick perusal of her exposed skin shows no sign of the symbol that has marked the others like a tattoo.

Max, Michael and Isabel haven't been to The Crashdown since that faithful day of discovery when the Orbs revealed their destiny. They are being drawn there today and they all agree to stop in for a bite to eat.

Once there they sit at their usual booth and place the order with a new waitress. A casual look around proves that Liz and Maria aren't working but even if they don't get to see them the urgent pull to be at The Crashdown has been quenched.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.