FanFic - Other
"Remembering Our Pasts"
Part 11
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them, I'm just borrowing them. I make 'em happy for a while then give them back. Just the way I found them, depressed and fighting. Oh, but I own Lady Raine and the other characters that I've added. =)
Summary: This is part two in my yet unnamed series. The first part in Our Real Families, you should read that before this one to understand what is going on. This is a few days after Max and Tess come back from New York. The gang hasn't been able to get together and talk because Max's parents are concerned and won't let him out of their sight except for school.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: I'd love feedback if you don't mind, even criticism. =) I need help with a name for the series. If you have any ideas, please e-mail me with them. Thanks!
They saw a beautiful castle made of stone that sat upon a hill in the center of the city that spread for miles around it. The castle was tall and stately, made of stone and decorated with metal. They saw the inside of the castle and were taken into what they knew was their parent's joint sitting room. And then they saw them.

Their father with his wide golden crown decorated with priceless gems along the sides and in the center, above his forehead, five stones that made up the constellation that signified their planets. The center one was a diamond, the one on the right was an emerald, the one above it was an amethyst. The one on the opposite side of the emerald was a sapphire and above it, the farthest one out, was a ruby.

His name was Maximos and he was greatly loved by his people, not only of their own planet, but of the others as well. He was tall and broad of shoulders and narrow of waist, a man with a runner's build. He had dark brown hair that almost looked black which was long and held out of his face by his crown. His eyes were like all the others, large endless black pools. His face was a triangle shaped and he had a strong jaw that looked as if it's point had been cut off, it was flat yet when he smiled, came into a wide point.

Their mother sat next to him. She also wore a golden crown, but it was thinner than her husband's. The gems that formed the v-shaped were the same, but the pattern of the gems that decorated the sides were different. They formed symbols that were unfamiliar to their current minds, while their father's held some of the symbols that were in the cave.

Her name was Aura and was a woman who was well loved and loved well. She was tall, only a few inches shorter than her husband who reached over 6' 4" and held herself with grace and dignity. She was not a small woman, rather curvy and full figured, yet beautiful, with shoulder length dark blond hair. Her face was round and she had lips that were impossibly full and wide.

They were confused by the emotions between the two of them. There was love, but deep inside they knew that it was not a romantic one, but rather one of close friends and confidants. But before they could think further on their parent's feelings towards each other, they saw another man move to sit in the empty chair between their parents noticed how they both leaned over to be closer to him.

The man was as tall as their father but almost an exact opposite in looks. He had broad shoulders as well, but did not have a narrow waist like Maximos. He had more of a football player's built, stocky yet muscular. They knew his name to be Derry (DEHR-ree). He was a close friend of both their parents, their father's Ambassador. He had short blond hair with bangs that fell on his forehead and threatened to enter his eyes, yet never quite made it. And he had a square face that was harsh yet gentle with love as his eyes were trained before him. Yet even though he was surrounded by love, he still managed to hold onto this sense of sadness and isolation about him, but some how they knew that the those feelings had once been so much stronger and now were slowly starting to fade.

At the feet of all the adults were three children. Two were about the age of ten and the other was about fifteen. And Max and Isabel knew that they were looking at themselves and Lady Raine as children. Zan was built like his father, yet he had blond hair that he kept cut short, like Derry's. His face was his mother's though.

Vilandra was built like their mother, but with her father's dark brown hair and triangular face and her mother's mouth and lips. She wore her hair long like her father's with hundred of tiny braids to decorate it.

The third child was Raine. She looked the same, just younger and more carefree then they had seen her before. All three of them were bent over a puzzle that they were trying to figure out on the floor.

The scene then changed.

They saw Vilandra seated before a double vanity, it was several years later, she was a young woman now. She was brushing her long dark brown hair and was dressed in a dress of pale violet silk that was embroidered with darker purple flowers and greenery. A young woman came up behind her and took her brush from her hand. She placed a small golden circlet on Vilandra's head, it was plain except for the gems that were connected with golden links that formed the royal seal on the top of her head.

They felt the bond of friendship and companionship between Vilandra and the young woman. Suddenly her name floated into their minds, Tanichka (TAHN-eech-kuh). She looked like a fairy with her honey blond hair that was long and decorated with the little braids that Vilandra had had in her hair as a child, but they were different as well. The braids were interlaced with ribbons of unusual colors and textures that added to her fairy-like appearance. She was slight in built and seemed to move with unbelievable grace in her dress of green silk with violet flowers embroidered along the edges. Her face was round and sprinkled with freckles. She sat in the seat next to Vilandra and began playing with the bottles on the vanity. They knew instinctively that she was a princess on another of the planets for she wore a circlet similar to Vilandra's except her's was silver rather than gold.

At that moment two men appeared behind them, a blond behind Vilandra that they knew to be Zan and a light brown hair man behind Tanichka. It was her brother, Dallin (DAYL-lin). Both of the men were dressed in formal wear similar to tuxes, yet more military in look and they wore circlets on the heads, similar to their sisters yet without the gems along the tops of their heads. Instead the royal seals were inside of the circlets over their foreheads.

Dallin had light brown hair highlighted with blond streaks. He wore his hair slightly long along the top, rather like the bowl cut that was so popular on earth. He had a forgettable face, simply because it rarely showed emotion. But if he smiled, smirked or showed any emotion, his face and expression stuck in your mind for a long time. He was stocky and muscular in build, the body of a warrior.

Suddenly the visions stopped and Max and Isabel tried to collect their breaths as they finally became aware of their surroundings once more.

Part 10 | Index | Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.