FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 8
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
Michael smiled as tears filled his eyes. He was so amazed at Liz's trust in him. He didn't feel like he had earned it, but she gave it anyway. Liz reached up and placed her small hands behind his ears and smiled up into his eyes. Suddenly Michael heard her voice in his head.

*I have a brother. I finally have a brother, someone who is like me. Someone who will always be there for me and me for him. And it's Michael, I know he'll take care of me and I'll take care of him.* He felt her love and joy at the thought. Michael placed his hands behind Liz's ears. He looked into her eyes as well. They started to match their breathing patterns.

Liz jumped a little when she first heard Michael's voice in her head. She laughed at her nervousness. She was filled with the joy and the love that came from both of them. *I have a sister, a twin. I'm not alone anymore. I have a family.*

Suddenly, their breathing patterns were exactly the same. They felt their minds opening up to each other and they began to see each others memories.

Liz saw Michael coming from the pod and traveling through the desert. She felt his fear when he saw the Evan's car that night and his boldness in climbing the rock and standing there, overlooking the desert. She felt his loneliness while he was at the orphanage, the empty spaces in his heart and mind that was filled some when he found Max and Isabel. His fear that no one would ever love him the way that Liz loved Max, yet the hope that had started inside of him that maybe someday someone would. His jealousy at Max and Isabel's relationship and their family life. His pain and hatred of Hank for beating him and ignoring him. His fear when he saw Liz get shot, the confusion at the pain and dread at the sight of her bleeding on the floor. His hope that Max could heal her, but his fear that they would be discovered. His love for Maria and his frustration that he could or would never be able to give her what she needed and wanted. His love for all of their group. His confusion at the thought of Tess as his sister. The pain he felt at the knowledge that she didn't fill one of the empty spaces in his heart. His heart breaking at the sight of Max and Isabel's mother, his hurt that there wasn't a message from his mother, and his hurt at the thought of having to give Maria up. His confusion and moment of hope when Courtney said that she thought that he would make a better leader than Max, yet the knowledge deep inside that she was wrong, that he would never betray Max. Liz saw and felt it all.

Michael was amazed at Liz's memories and feelings. He saw her inability to believe that anyone saw her as beautiful and amazing like Max did, her humbleness when Max showed her his feelings for her. Her fear that Max didn't really like her, that Maria was making it up. Her love for her parents, yet the emptiness that she felt as a child, like a part of her was missing. Her love and admiration for her Grandma Claudia, the pain she felt at her death. Her love for Maria and Alex, her thankfulness for their unconditional love and support. Her pain and fear when she was shot and her confusion when Max healed her. Her fear when she saw the hand print on her stomach and her fear for Max, Isabel and himself when she found out that Valenti was searching for them. Her intense love for Max. Her fear when Michael was sick, her fear that Max would also get sick and her fear that she could not possibly help either Max or Michael since she saw herself as nothing more than the smallest of small town girls. Her pain when she heard Max and Isabel's mother's message, her decision to leave Max and how it almost broke her to walk away from him. Her joy when the fortune-teller told her that she would end up with Max. Her joy and silliness as she played bride in front of the mirror in her room that night. Her fear when she saw a future version of Max. Her love for Max when he serenaded her below her balcony, mixed with her confusion at Future Max's appearance and the reasons for him coming to her and the past. Her pain when she found out that she had to make Max fall out of love with her or else risk the end of the world. And the mind numbing pain when she saw Max at the window as she and Kyle laid in bed together, as well as her pain at having to lie to Max. And finally her joy at the thought of Michael as her brother, her twin.

Next they were pulled further into their minds, into their joint subconscious. They saw a beautiful castle built of metal and stone. They saw their parents and knew their names. Their father was a Prince and High King Maximos' second-in-command, his name was Nareg and he was an amazing fighter and leader. His love and loyalty to his High King was second only to his love for his wife and children, which was followed by his love and concern for his people. He was tall, muscular and handsome with spiky black hair. His facial features were strong and angular but soften by the joy that radiated from him.

Their mother was his beloved wife and loved by the people of their planet. She was kind, gentle, loving and generous. She freely gave of her time to help the people in need. She was greatly loved and loved greatly. Her name was Sirvat and she was beautiful. She was petite and slender with long golden blond hair and a face that shown with love and goodness.

They saw themselves as teenagers, looking into a mirror, side by side. Rath was almost identical to his father but he had his mother's full lips. They saw Kalika who was petite, like their mother, with long white blond hair. She had her father's strong face, but her skin color was a soft pink color, different from anyone else in their immediate family. They felt the intense love and closeness between the two of them.

They saw Ava and Thanos, their cousins. They felt both love and frustration towards their cousins. Thanos was taller than Rath by a few inches, at least 6'6". He had long blond hair that was tied with a leather thong at the nape of his neck. He was the same age as them. He had a very angular face like Rath and his uncle and thin lips that twitched at the corners, always on the verge of a smile. They saw Ava with her long blue-black hair that was piled on top of her head, adding two inches to her already tall frame. Her chin reached Rath's shoulder and stood tall and proud, almost haughty in her stature. Her face was round, smooth and youthful looking with full lips that always seemed to be cherry red. They knew that she was several years younger than them.

They saw Ava and Thanos' parents. Uncle Kiril, who was a Prince as well and led another of the High King's planets. They felt indifference both towards and from him, as if he simply lived on the outer circle of their lives. He was as tall as his daughter with brown hair that was cut short and close to his head. He had a baby face, which seemed out of place with his military outlook and attitude.

They saw their Aunt Metea, their father's sister. They felt love and kindness from her. She was of medium height and shared her brother's black hair and angular face.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.