FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 7
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
"Oh, my God!" she yelled just as the alarm went off. Maria woke up, she was sleeping on the floor at the foot of the bed. Isabel had claimed the open space on the bed with Michael and Liz the night before.

"What?" She stood up and swayed groggily and sat up. Her eyes widened when she saw that Michael and Liz were still in the same position that they had fallen asleep in.

Michael had his arm under Liz's head as a pillow for her. Liz's head was nestled in the crook of his arm. Her hand tucked up under her chin and her other arm behind her holding onto Isabel's. Michael's other arm was wrapped around Liz's waist holding her close. There was such a look of peace and contentment on their faces. It broke Maria's heart. *Am I going to lose Michael to my best friend?* She wondered with fear in her heart. Isabel noticed Maria's reaction to the sight of Michael and Liz together.

"No, Maria, it's not what you think. I was dragged into Michael and Liz's dream. Actually it wasn't a dream, they were remembering....I don't understand it all, but I think that Liz is one of us. I think that her and Michael were twins in our world."

"What? That's just....no, that's not possible! Do you hear me, Isabel? It's not possible. Okay, Liz is human. Her mom was pregnant with her, she is HUMAN! She's not an alien. My best friend is NOT an alien!" Isabel's face reflected her hurt at Maria's statement. She immediately felt bad. "Not that there is anything wrong with being an alien, but how can Liz be one? Why doesn't she have any powers? Why do you think that she was, is Michael's twin?"

"Huh? Liz is my twin?" Michael had woken up while Maria was flipping out over Isabel's comment that Liz was an alien.

"Michael. Do you remember your dream?"

"Ah, I remember the feelings from my dream. I remember feeling more whole than ever before, like one of the empty places in my heart was filled. But that's about it," he looked down at Liz just then who was slowly waking up.

"Umm...Rath, I want to sleep longer. Can't we go fishing in a couple of hours? The fish will still be there then," Liz mumbled. Slowly she opened her eyes, she looked up into Michael's confused eyes. "Rath, why are your eyes so small and brown? Why did you change them. Change 'em back, or I won't go fishing with you. Mom and Dad will be mad that you changed your eyes. They don't like it when we do that."

"Umm...Liz, what are you talking about?" Michael asked.

At the sound of her name, Liz's eyes cleared. "Huh? I was talking? What did I say, Michael? It it morning already? I feel really confused. What's going on?"

"Liz, you called me Rath. You were wondering why my eyes were so small and you said something about Mom and Dad being mad about that."

Liz looked at him as if he was crazy. Just then Isabel broke it. "You guys, I think that I know a way for you to remember. You see last night when Maria and I came back from getting clothes and our books for today, you two were still sleeping. Some how during the night, I got dragged into your dream or actually, I think it was your subconcious. I think that you two were twins on our life. I think that Liz is one of us and that Ava is your cousin." Both Michael and Liz looked at her as if she was crazy. "I know that it sounds insane, but listen to me. At the end of your dream or memory or whatever, this girl who was about our age now spoke to me. She called me Vilandra and told me that I shouldn't trust my enemies because they wouldn't tell me the whole truth, but she also said that I could help you two remember what had been revealed to you here. And that she knew us before, in our other life. And that she would come to us soon. She was beautiful. She had this amazing hair that looked like fire and these huge green eyes that sparkled. Her name was..."

"Lady Raine," Liz said with wonder in her voice.

"Yes," Isabel said excitedly. "And she said that the two of you had to connect. I know that Rath's twin was you Liz, because she had a great love for science and studying. She also was great at planning things. So you two have to connect and then you will remember."

"Wait," Maria said. "Let's get everyone here first, just in case."

"Why? We can do it now and then get everyone," Michael said.

"But..but why do you have to do it now?"

Liz moved out of Michael's embrace and scooted down the bed to Maria. "Maria, it's okay. I'll still be your best friend, even if I'm an alien. That won't change. I promise you. You'll still be my best friend, even if I'm an alien, right?" she finished with fear in her voice.

"Of course I will, Liz," Maria said. "Are you really scared of that? You and me are amigos, for better or worse, through thick or thin."

Liz gave Maria a hug. "Thanks, I needed to hear that."

"I just don't understand how you could be one though since your mother was obviously pregnant with you. We have pictures and Grandma Claudia told us about your birth. So what's the deal with that?" Maria asked.

"I don't know, Maria," Liz said. She turned to Michael and continued. "But I've always wanted a brother. It seemed weird to me, deep inside that I didn't have one. I just feel like this is right, that it's real. A part of me just knows it."

"Liz, are you ready?" Michael asked. Liz nodded. "Do you think that we should have Iz help us connect, just in case? I mean, my powers aren't all that reliable."

Liz looked up at him with such love and trust in her eyes. "Michael, I believe in you. I know that you won't hurt me, intentionally or not. WE can do this together and do it right. It's about us."

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.