FanFic - Other
"One Night Forever"
Part 15
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own 'em.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Isabel had given up trying to find anyone over an hour ago. She was now sweaty and tired, ready to scream at the top of her lungs. She knew her body was actually quite fine, resting in the backseat of the old Oldsmobile, but her mind was exhausted and ready to explode. Isabel was actually stuck in her dream-walk state; unable to physically wake up.

As she took a few more steps, Isabel finally found herself out of Frazier Woods. "Thank god!" she sighed, resting her hands on her hips. After taking a look around, Isabel was even more confused. She was now standing on the edge of the highway, totally out into the open.

"Ok...this is getting freaky!"

Isabel sighed and took a deep breath, trying to calm down. All she needed right now was to give herself a heart attack or something. Would that make her real body die? she wondered. She had no idea; Isabel had never really tried to do anything dangerous in her walks, but it could happen.

Deciding to try it out one day, and having nothing else to do, Isabel started to walk down the road. The sun was high in the sky, beating down on her shoulders headily. "I knew I shouldn't have worn black," she grumbled.

Wait...Isabel actually smiled and stopped to concentrate. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, picturing herself in a white tank top and kacki shorts with her hair pinned up. Even before she opened her eyes, Isabel knew it had worked. She could feel the wind move in and whip her hair up and the sleeves disappear off of her arms. A second later the clamminess of her jeans were gone also; her legs now free to feel the breeze.

Opening her eyes, Isabel sighed and looked down at herself. She was in her brand new white top she had bought last week. Wow, I have a good imagination. She felt something in her pockets of the shorts and pulled out a pair of sunglasses. A really good imagination.

The sudden sound of a car in the distance made her look up. Isabel could faintly make out the shape of a low sports car. The sound was loud, ringing in her ears.

"Someone needs a new muffler," she mumbled, stepping back off of the road. As she looked on, the red car came closer, still speeding down the highway.

Isabel could now tell it was a mustang, and cherry red. The car looked familiar, and Isabel nearly squealed when she saw it was Kyle Valenti.

"Oh...please see me," she prayed, backing up even more as the little sports car revved closer, not backing down. Isabel screamed out Kyle's name as he sped past, Maria right in the passenger seat.

"Maria!!" Isabel darted back out onto the road and waved at the retreating car, trying to get their attention. Suddenly, Isabel heard a squeal of tires and spun around just in time to see Alex's little red jetta coming up on her.

"Alex! No!!!" The last thing she thought was that he was never gonna stop in time.

***

"Did you see that?" Liz asked, bracing her self against the dash as Alex spun the tires trying to stop.

"I saw something!" Alex cried, stomping his foot on the brake.

Liz squeezed her eyes shut and felt a wave of dizziness over come her; making her feel sick. Then suddenly it was gone, just a faint humming in the back of her mind. Liz opened her eyes and found herself in a black room, with only one light coming in from a ceiling light.

"Alex? Alex?!" Liz could feel her nerves starting to go haywire and took a deep breath. "Alex!!"

"Oh god...where am !?"

***

Max blew out his breath and watched as it conversed on the glass, making it looked all steamed up. He wished he could do that to the whole window, making the world seem far, far away. And maybe even make it go away all together. He wished the world would just blow up or something. Maybe then he could wallow in peace.

He could hear Tess and Michael talking softly in the front seat, chatting about some trivial stuff, the weather and what not. Max sighed and pulled his head back, noting how his forehead felt flat. Tess was now in the drivers seat, seeming to like driving. Michael was in the passenger, stretched out with his hand hanging out the window.

Max looked over at his sisters, wondering how long she'd been asleep. Her face was a little flushed and she looked perplexed. Max reached over and touched her shoulder, shaking it softly.

"Isabel...you awake?"

"Let her be, she looks peaceful," Michael replied, looking into the backseat.

Max glanced up then back at his sister. "She looks upset."

"She's probably just hot," Tess threw in. "This old junker doesn't have an air-conditioner," she added.

"This was the best I could do on late notice," Michael grumbled, seeming to be taken back by her comment.

"Jeez...take a chill pill Mike."

"Guys..." Max said, trying to nip the sibling rivery in the bud. "We don't need this."

"Right...we need to stay calm; calm and rational," Michael muttered.

Max just nodded and leaned back into his seat, glancing once more at his sister. Max knew the others were probably right, Izzy was just hot and flustered; not to mention miserable. The glass of the car window beckoned again, and Max leaned back down, reveling at the feel of the cool glass on his forehead.

The next few minutes of the car ride was peaceful, with just the faint ramblings of Tess and Michael in the background. Max liked it like this, it gave him time to clear his head. Everytime he let himself think about anything: his parents, the jeep, the crash--and even the food of the school cafeteria made him think about Liz.

His parents reminded him that he was leaving them back in Roswell; where Liz was. The jeep was the last place he saw Liz. Liz lived at the Crashdown, hence, the connection for that one. And the school cafeteria food? Liz always said it was better then the food at the cafe. He had to disagree, but Liz lived there--she would probably get sick of the food after a while.

"Alex! No!!!"

Max wiped his head around to glance at his sister, his heart jumping at the sound of her frightened voice.

Isabel was sitting straight up in her seat, her eyes wide open with fear.

"Isabel?!" Max turned her face toward him and saw her eyes were blank and lifeless; empty even.

"Is she ok?!" Micahel demanded, practically charging into the backseat. "Well?!"

Max watched as Isabel closed her eyes and leaned against him. "Isabel?"

Tess's voice rung in his ears as she tried to drive. "What's wrong with her?"

Max looked down at her face and saw she was asleep. "I think...I think she's asleep," he whispered.

Michael scoffed and reached back, turning her face toward him. "She's asleep?!" he demanded.

"No...she's dream-walking," Max replied, looking up at his friend.

"Are you sure?" Tess asked. "That's it?"

Max connected to her and confirmed his suspicions. Isabel was sitting in a dim black room, her eyes shut and her arms spread out wide around her. He pulled back out and felt his connection to her fizzle away, leaving him cold. "Yeah...she's dream-walking someone."

"Who?" Micahel asked, seeming a little more clam now. "Alex?"

Max shrugged, letting his sister lean against his chest. "I don't know...she was just sitting in a room."

"Then how do you know she's dream-walking?"

Max looked at Michael and tried to explain. "Her body was there...but that's all. Her mind was..."

"She's in deep," Tess said suddenly.

"How deep?" Max asked, his voice filled with concern for his sister.

Tess sighed and ran her free hand through her hair.

"How deep?" Micahel demanded, his voice also filled with concern.

"Nasedo once told me that if you get a real good connection with someone you could actually be them."

"You mean shape-shift?" Michael asked.

"No," Tess replied. "I mean take over their body."

Max looked down at his sister, fear still pumping through his veins. "As in mind control?"

Tess thought for a second then nodded. "Something like that. Isabel has a very powerful mind. If she wants, she can jump into another body...sorta like taking over their mind," Tess explained.

Michael cursed under his breath and looked at her. "So...her mind...is in another body?"

Max felt her pulse and it was normal, her breath was normal, and her expression was normal. Everything pointed to her sleeping, but there was something off about it all.

"Yeah... if that's what's happening."

"Will it hurt her?" Max asked. When Tess didn't answer, Max shot his gaze up to her, hoping she just didn't hear him. "Tess...will it hurt her?" he asked again, his voice pausing to give his words meaning.

"Nasedo said...it can be dangerous," Tess whispered.

"How dangerous?" Micahel asked.

Tess, sighing, pulled the car over and spun to look at the others. Max held his breath, fearing what she was about to say.

"Isabel's very strong...but only the best can do this. She has to be in the right emotional state," she explained. "See, using that kind over power--mind over matter--is nothing to mess with. If she takes over someone and isn't ready...she could get stuck."

"Stuck? What do you mean stuck?!" Michael asked.

"She'll go into coma," Max mumbled. He looked up at Tess and knew from her expression he was right.

"Nasedo said the person you take over has to be of pure mind and you have to be emotionally ready."

"Alex...Liz..." Isabel was mumbling in her sleep/dream-walking state.

"Liz?" Max exclaimed, looking at his sister. "What about Liz?!"

"She said Alex too," Tess added, but Max didn't hear her. All he was registering was one word: Liz. Isabel said Liz, so she was involved.

Max shook his sister, pleading with her. "Isabel...what about Liz!"

"Max--stop it," Michael stated, grabbing him by the shoulders. Isabel slumped back against the seat, her face still emotionless.

"Will it hurt her?" Max asked, his voice lifeless.

Tess seemed stumped. "Um...I don't know. Nasedo never really seemed to care about anyone other then us."

"If Isabel goes into a coma, then Liz will too, most likely, right?" Michael asked.

"I...It seems to make sense," Tess said after a minute.

Max shook his head, trying to force his emotions back. "No...Liz is of pure mind," he reasoned. He could feel his emotions winning and his hands started to shake.

"Max, you need stay in control--"

"I am in control!" Max barked at Michael, shaking his hands off. "Liz can survive this; Isabel can too. They're both strong and emotionally ok."

"Max...I don't think any of us are emotionally ok," Michael stated in a low voice.

Max sighed and ran a hand through his hair, looking back at his sister. After planting a kiss on Liz's ring for strength, Max pulled Isabel back into his arms. He could feel Tess and Michael's eyes on him but could care less.

"They're gonna be alright," he whispered, making sure Isabel could hear him. "You're gonna be ok. I love you, Isabel. I love you Liz."

***

Isabel gasped and sat up straight, banging her head on Alex's windshield.

"Are you alright?!"

Isabel looked at Alex and felt her heart quicken. "You can see me?!"

"Of course I can see you, Liz. You're sitting right beside me," Alex replied.

"You called me Liz," she mumbled, looking at Alex for explanation.

"It's your name," Alex stated, seeming confused by her outburst. "Did you hit your head when I stopped?"

"But...but I'm not--"

"Liz, you're bleeding!" Alex said suddenly, reaching over and cupping her face, turning it so he could see the cut better.

Isabel could feel the blood running down over her right eye, but she couldn't have cared less. Alex was touching her; and just his hands on her skin was enough to make her mind go fuzzy. "But...Alex, I'm not really..."

"It's deep," Alex stated, looking it over.

Isabel could feel her urge to kiss him and leaned forward. "Alex..."

"Liz, you may need to go to the hospital for stitches."

Just him saying Liz's name stopped Isabel cold. She pulled back and looked down, noting Liz's short legs and her jeans. Searching around frantically, Isabel finally found a mirror and looked in. Sure enough, she saw Liz's face staring back at her.

"Liz, what are you--"

"I'm not Liz," Isabel stated, throwing the mirror down onto the floor. "I'm not her!"

"Then who are you?" Alex asked hesitantly.

"I'm Isabel."

Alex stopped short and just stared. Finally, he opened his mouth and spoke. "Ok, you are Isabel Evans? Isabel, not of this earth, Evans?"

"Yes." When Alex still didn't looked convinced, Isabel tried to explain. "Look, I don't know what happened, but somehow I got...put...into Liz's body. This is me, Alex."

"Liz I think you hit your head--"

Isabel sighed and grabbed his face, making him look her straight in the eye. "No...Alex...look at me; the real me."

Isabel watched his eyes and saw exactly when he believed her. "Isabel...oh my god...what happened?" he asked in awe.

She gave a low chuckle, not knowing how to answer. "I don't know...I was just dream-walking you and then I was stuck-"

"You were dream-walking me?" Alex asked suddenly.

Isabel pulled back at little. "Yeah...it was kinda by accident. I fell asleep thinking about you." She retold the story, explaining all she could remember.

"So if you're here, where's Liz?" Alex finally asked.

Isabel stopped and finally thought about that. It never occurred to her that Liz would've had to go away for her to get into her mind. "I don't know..."

***

Liz sat with her arms around her legs, trying to remain calm. She knew she wasn't really here; it was just her mind on this vacation. Her body was still in Alex's car, at least the hoped. She wasn't sure why, but a few minutes ago her she felt something run down over her right eye and reached up, only to find it was blood.

There was now a deep, very sore, cut over her eye. She knew she was gonna need stitches. Liz wasn't worried about that, she was just worried on why it had just appeared. Did her and Alex crash? She could remember seeing a person flicker in front of the car, making her scream. Alex then pumped the brakes...and that's all she could remember.

Was she dead? Or in a coma? Was this her fate after death? To sit in this dark, dank, damp room for eternity?

Liz was ready to give up, just go to sleep and pray for her soul or whatever to move on when she heard his voice.

"You're gonna be ok. I love you Liz."

Max! Liz would know his voice anywhere. He was with her, telling her she was ok. That's all Liz needed to hear.

Part 14 | Index | Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.