Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Freaks and Geeks of Roswell"
Part 23
by kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, all right belong to UPN and Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: What happens when a dare goes too far? Who will get hurt?
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Tess drove Alex and Liz to the police station, while everyone else went home. They had planned on meeting at Maria and Max's house again about 2 hours later. Tess pulled up in front of the police station and said, "I don't think I should go in there with you two. Your uncle will be easier for you to talk to without other people there, I think."

Liz and Alex agreed and headed into the building, stopping in front of Valenti's office. Alex raised his hand and was about to knock when the door flew open and 170 pounds of Jim Valenti slammed into Alex, knocking him to the floor.

"Alex? Oh jeeze, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there! What were you doing standing right outside my office door?" asked

Valenti as he helped his dazed nephew off the floor.

"We need to talk to you," said Liz. "About what we told you last night. Could we…maybe go in your office to talk?"

"Sure," said Valenti, leading them inside and motioning for them to sit down. "So, what is it?"

"We…we made a mistake last night," said Alex.

"A mistake?"

"Yeah…what we told you, it was a mistake."

"How? You told me and you gave me names. I checked on them and none of them were anywhere to be found last night. I find that highly suspicious."

"We were drunk, Uncle Jim," said Liz.

"Drunk? You two? You two would never do something so stupid…"

"But we did," said Alex. "And we made up that whole story last night. None of it is true." Alex laughed. "Aliens! I mean….come on! Aliens?"

Liz laughed along with Alex, but their laughter must have sounded forced and fake because Valenti stood up and said, "I don't know what's going on with you two, but I know you weren't drunk last night. I couldn't smell any alcohol, and besides, you two looked so scared. Scared enough to make any drunk person sober."

"Uncle Jim, please. Don't pick on those kids. It was all a big mistake," pleaded Liz.

Valenti sat in silence for a minute, observing Alex and Liz. Finally he said, "You were telling me the truth last night. You are lying to me now. I don't know why…maybe you want to protect the aliens? But for whatever reason, it doesn't matter. I couldn't find the teenagers last night. I am going home to sleep now. But I need those teenagers in custody as soon as possible. I am going to be calling the FBI into this, right now."

Alex and Liz paled and stood up. "Please," said Alex. "Don't let the FBI take innocent teenagers into custody because Liz and I were so irresponsible as to get drunk and make up a story. They don't deserve that, they aren't aliens!"

"Alex, Liz, please leave me office now," said Valenti, placing his hand on the phone. "I have an important call to make to Washington D.C."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Liz and Alex slowly left their uncle's office and then ran as fast as they could out to Tess, who was still waiting for them in her car.

"Oh shit!" cried Alex. "We need a plan, and now!"

"What?" said Tess. "I thought you had a plan!"

"It didn't work," said Liz. "And now he's pretty sure we're protecting the aliens. If only he knew we were aliens too!"

Tess sighed and put the car into drive. She tossed her cell phone to Liz. "Call everyone and tell them that we have to meet now, not later. You're right, we need a plan and we need it fast."

Tess drove towards Maria and Max's as Liz called everyone. They pulled up into the driveway and ran up to the door, which was immediately flung open by Max. He ushered them inside, where they waited impatiently in the living room for Michael, Isabel, and Kyle to arrive.

When everyone was there, Alex and Liz explained what had happened. Michael, Max, Maria, and Isabel all looked at each other and nodded.

"What?" asked Alex. "Do you guys have a plan?"

"Yeah," said Michael. "This is a plan we've had for a really long time. We never thought we'd ever actually have to go through with it, though."

"What is it?" asked Liz.

"We need to leave Roswell," said Maria.

"For how long?" asked Alex.

"Forever," said Isabel. "We couldn't ever come back."

"Let's do it," said Max.

Part 22 | Index | Part 24
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.