Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Freaks and Geeks of Roswell"
Part 22
by kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, all right belong to UPN and Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: What happens when a dare goes too far? Who will get hurt?
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Liz collapsed into Alex's arms and stared at Max in shock. Had she just heard those words come from his mouth…that she was an alien? No, he couldn't have said that. Besides, she had no powers.

"Ma…Max, could you explain?" asked Alex trying hard not to drop his sister onto the ground but having trouble because his legs felt like gelatin.

"We've always known that there were six of us all together, but we had assumed that you two were dead. We had tried for years to search, but we gave up after awhile."

"This isn't possible," said Liz. "You're all adopted. Alex and I aren't. We can't be aliens."

Kyle, who had been brought out of his faint with the help of Tess's concern, spoke up. "Well…you were never supposed to know this…but I guess it's better to find out from me than from a non-family member…you two actually are adopted."

Liz's head whipped around to face Kyle. "What?" she whispered in a barely audible voice. "We…no, we aren't…"

"You are," said Kyle. "My dad told me that your parents found you in the desert and took you in."

"Just like us," said Maria, pointing to her and Max.

"And us," said Michael, referring to Isabel and himself.

"But why wouldn't they tell us?" asked Alex. "Why would our parents lie to us?"

"I know you want to know the answers to these questions now," said Max. "But we need to hear your plan to get Valenti off our tracks…because now you two are in danger too."

Liz paled. "What…what powers do I have?" she asked.

"We can't know that yet, you'll have to slowly discover that and practice. But let's get to the plan part," said Michael impatiently.

"I…I could my uncle that Liz and I were drunk," said Alex.

"What? That's your plan?!" cried Maria.

"Wait…that might work," said Isabel. "Tell him you were drunk and that you remember telling him a made up story about aliens and then apologize. Act like you don't believe in aliens, that the whole idea of aliens is stupid. It's worth a try."

Everyone nodded and then Kyle said, "So, am I like, sworn to secrecy here?"

"YES!" everyone yelled at him.

"Ok…I guess I can keep your freaky little secret, just don't brainwash me or anything…"

They all headed out of the cave and Alex pulled Isabel over to the side. "So…about the dare…"

"Alex, I have to confess something to you about that. I did think you were cute…and I was dared to ask you out. The reason I went out with you a second time was because I could sense you were different from other humans…I needed to find out why and make sure you weren't a threat to me or the others."

"So you never cared about me? I was just something to study and spy on?!"

"No, Alex, it's not like that. You have to believe me…I never meant for you to get hurt. I think I took the dare too far…I'm sorry. Please…I didn't want to hurt you."

"It's too late Isabel. I'm hurt. I fell in love with you, and all you wanted was to spy on me and make sure I wasn't someone who could kill you!" Alex walked off after the others.

"But I do love you," said Isabel, but Alex didn't hear her. She slowly followed after Alex.

Part 21 | Index | Part 23
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.