FanFic - Other
"Family Ties"
Part 7
by Syndee
Disclaimer: The characters belong to The WB.
Summary: The last story in the "Prophecy" series. The Human/Alien Alliance meets with Liz's grandmother's protégé at the reservation and is surprised when the Podsquad is given an opportunity to leave the country by an unexpected source. No spoilers that I'm aware of.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Prerequisites in order: "Treasures Found," (CD After-hrs,) "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," "Crab Nebula in Taurus," "Purple Passion,"(CD After-hrs,) "Descendants-the Liz/Max Connection," and Nih-Hi-Cho."
Michael and Maria are the first to arrive at the schoolhouse located in an isolated area of the Mescalero Reservation.

He takes a deep breath as he leans against the hood of the Jetta and wraps his arms around Maria as they look up towards the mountains, a slight breeze rustling their hair.

He pushes her hair out of her face as he tilts her head back to look down into her deep green eyes. "I love you, Maria."

She turns into his arms and rests her head on his chest as his fingers thread through her hair and his hand caresses the back of her neck.

"Hmm, could life get any better than this?" Maria asks as she inhales the clean male smell of him.

Michael kisses the top of her head and lets his mind wander to the events of the previous night.

He has a stepfather who loves him and knows of his previous life and will be able to answer all of the questions that has plagued him since his arrival on Earth.

On the other hand, it was a little disconcerting to hear that, even though his stepfather was one of them, his human/hybrid status is an earlier version of what Max, Isabel, Teresa and himself are.

Apparently, even earlier attempts at combining alien DNA with that of human DNA resulted in a human/alien hybrid that was unsuccessful.

It was not until later that the scientists realized that only the alien essence was needed to successfully merge the two beings and thus create a human capable of defeating their enemy.

Alden is the result of an earlier attempt that produced an adult human/alien hybrid that retained its alien memory and a limited ability to shape shift but is also able to reproduce with humans.

His internal human organs age whereas his outward appearance will seemingly remain that of a forty-five year old.

Michael smiles as he remembers his stepfather's joke about having to manipulate his hair color to gray so as not to upset his wife when she discovered her first gray hair.

Maria nudges Michael out of his reverie. "Here comes Mr. and Mrs. Evans, and I think that's the Jeep behind them."

Michael watches the Evans' emerge from their car and shakes his head in disbelief as he remembers the couple's plan to take the podsters out of the country using fake passports. He would have wagered everything he owned that Philip Evans had never done anything illegal in his life.

Diane Evans nods a hello to Maria as she leans up to kiss Michael's cheek. "Hello Michael, how are you holding up today after everything that you learned last night?"

Michael smiles and shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. It all seems so unreal. I'm still absorbing it all. What about you guys," He nods towards Mr. Evans who is near the Jeep talking to Max.

"You would think, after we found out that the Nih-Hi-Cho have been watching over us for weeks now, that Philip would have gotten some well deserved sleep last night. But, he kept jumping out of bed every couple of hours to see if the kids were okay. A habit he started when we first found out about their alien status and the possible danger that they were in." Diane lets her eyes fall on her husband and son and lets out an audible sigh.

"I'm sure after today things will settle down and we'll all be able to rest more easily." Michael puts his arm around Mrs. Evans and they all walk towards where the others are gathering.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.