FanFic - Other
"Family Ties"
Part 6
by Syndee
Disclaimer: The characters belong to The WB.
Summary: The last story in the "Prophecy" series. The Human/Alien Alliance meets with Liz's grandmother's protégé at the reservation and is surprised when the Podsquad is given an opportunity to leave the country by an unexpected source. No spoilers that I'm aware of.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Prerequisites in order: "Treasures Found," (CD After-hrs,) "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," "Crab Nebula in Taurus," "Purple Passion,"(CD After-hrs,) "Descendants-the Liz/Max Connection," and Nih-Hi-Cho."
Everyone is still reeling from the fact that not only is there an alien relative on earth, but that he has mated with a human and has part human children, when they head for their prospective cars to go home.

Maria runs up to the Jeep to give Liz her grandmother's book "Lost Treasures," which was essential in Isabel's "Dream-walk" of John Nez.

"Oh Liz, I almost forgot." Maria reaches into her jacket pocket, "This letter fell out of the book. It's the one Mr. Evans gave you after the reading of Grandma Claudia's will."

"Thanks Maria, so much has happened since then that I haven't had a chance to read it." Liz looks at the letter and smiles as she opens it.

"Michael, no!" Maria yells as she spots Michael getting ready to touch John Nez's chest, no doubt giving his victim the itches. "I gotta run Babe. It's a long story but Michael has it in for John Nez."

Max had parked the Jeep close to the building were a security light gives off ample illumination for Liz to be able to read the letter that has gone unopened for months.

John Nez's earlier inspection of Grandma Claudia's journal gave him no clue of the enemy alien's central location. But, the three missing pages of the journal, which Liz unfolds from the recently opened letter from her grandmother, certainly does.

Liz spies John just as he is about to get into his car, and she hops out of the Jeep and runs over to him. She hesitates, though, to give him the missing pages of the journal until Max joins her after seeing her sprint from the Jeep.

Max had been speaking to his uncle concerning his earth parents' safety whereupon his uncle assures him that the Nih-Hi-Cho will protect them, and, as soon as they can all get together again, he will introduce the humans to a way to protect themselves against the enemy aliens.

Max and Alden have joined Liz at John's car where she excuses herself and Max so that she can show him the missing journal pages and let him decide if they should relinquish them to the Nih-Hi-Cho.

He assures Liz that he feels he can trust them and is happy to let his uncle help him in any way that he can.

The four talk for a little while longer before Liz and Max head towards home followed closely by two of the Nih-Hi-Cho that his uncle has assigned to protect him.

"They've been watching you for weeks now without your knowledge. The only difference now, is that you know they're there." Alden counters to Max's protest.

Liz decides to wait until she gets home to read the personal letter from her grandmother. She holds it next to her heart before placing it inside the book where it has laid waiting ever since Philip Evans gave it to her.

Max reaches over and pats Liz hand before letting his eyes leave the road for just a moment to look into her excited eyes. "Honey, are you okay with everything that has been revealed to us tonight. I mean, we've had bodyguards for weeks that we didn't even know about."

"I'm fine with everything and I'm more than happy to have some of the burden lifted from your shoulders." She smiles as she leans over and wraps her arms around his neck.

"Any chance of us losing these guys and heading to the lake-house for some well deserved one on one." Max places a swift kiss on the knuckles of her hand resting contently on his left shoulder.

"Max Evans, did you read my mind?" Liz laughs as she nibbles on his ear and places small kisses along the side of his face.

"No, but making love to you is never far from my thoughts." He sighs deeply as he remembers the last time that they were together.

"I know. Me too. But it's already after 10:00 and my parents are unaware of the key role that I play in saving the planet and have given me an unreasonable curfew." Liz scoots back over into the passenger seat.

"Maybe we should tell them." Max quietly says as he tries to gauge her reaction.

Liz shakes her head "no." "Not yet, but soon. Did you talk to your uncle about having someone watch them?" Liz looks straight ahead as her brow furrows with concern that her parents may also be in danger.

"It appears that your parents have been under the watchful eye of the Nih-Hi-Cho since the day you were born, compliments of your grandfather."

Max smiles as he reaches for her hand and squeezes it to assure her that everything that can be done, will be done to protect their loved ones.

"There's something I want to check out before I bring them into all of this. Do you think that you can come with me to the lake-house tomorrow? I want to take another look at the scrapbook of my grandfather's." Liz bites her lip as she waits for Max's answer and hopes he picks up on her hidden ulterior motive of why she wants him to accompany her to the lake-house.

"Let me think." Max laughs and touches his chin as though he's in deep thought. "Do I want to accompany the girl I love to the place where our love was consummated. Yeah."

They both laugh as they embrace the wind blowing thought their hair and the relief that they now feel knowing that they are not alone in the mission that they were born to undertake.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.