FanFic - Other
"Family Ties"
Part 8
by Syndee
Disclaimer: The characters belong to The WB.
Summary: The last story in the "Prophecy" series. The Human/Alien Alliance meets with Liz's grandmother's protégé at the reservation and is surprised when the Podsquad is given an opportunity to leave the country by an unexpected source. No spoilers that I'm aware of.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Prerequisites in order: "Treasures Found," (CD After-hrs,) "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," "Crab Nebula in Taurus," "Purple Passion,"(CD After-hrs,) "Descendants-the Liz/Max Connection," and Nih-Hi-Cho."
"My God, He's gorgeous." Sondra's eyes almost pop out her head as she watches the young man get out the passenger side of Alden Daly's Range Rover.

All heads turn towards the tall, dark-haired, chiseled cheek Adonis as he walks towards the now expanded Human/Alien alliance.

Alden looks around and is happy to see that the Sheriff was able to come this morning since he was the only one not present last night.

"Good morning, Sheriff." Alden extends his hand in greeting.

"It's good to meet you. My son filled me in on everything on our way here this morning." Jim Valenti shakes the hand of the newest addition to the expanding population of aliens living in the Greater Roswell area.

"Oh, and everyone," Alden steps aside to allow his son to move forward, "This is my oldest son, Adam. Adrian and Ashley are college students and couldn't come today, and my wife is in California on business but you'll meet them soon."

Adam moves to shake Max's hand first and moves to hug Isabel. "I guess we're cousins, huh?"

"Michael?" Adam threads through the cluster of people until he stands face to face with his somewhat older brother. "I'm older than you in human years but technically you're my older brother and I gladly relinquish that responsibility to you. You'll know why as soon as you meet Adrian and Ashley."

Teresa rolls her eyes skyward. "Adam, you really don't want Michael as an older brother. Believe me, I've only known him for a couple of months and he's a pain in the ass. Right Sondra?" Teresa nods to her sister before formally introducing her to Adam.

"Are you THE Adam Daly, the Nuclear Physicist?" Sondra blurts out as she remembers where she's heard the name.

Adam blushes as all eyes are focused on him. "Yes, but I'm here today as a family member - not a scientist."

"I'm impressed." Maria nudges Liz. "Brains and looks. You have to give it to them. These aliens have it going on girlfriend."

Alden waves for Eddie to join the group and questions him about the security of the area. Apparently members of the Nih-Hi-Cho have been stationed around the perimeter to assure complete privacy when the humans are introduced to the weapons they will need to combat the enemy aliens.

Alden and Adam retrieve two chests, similar to the ones stored in the Pod Chamber, and place them on the ground in front of the Jeep.

The chests contain a smaller version of the triangular items discovered in the chest from the Chaco Canyons and the one produced on the 4th of July through the wormhole.

"Who wants to be first?" Adam looks out into the group of wide-eyed humans.

They all raise their hands but Diane Evans steps forward. "What do I do?" She asks Adam as she shares a warm look with her son.

"This transparent material is captured energy which will encompass your hand like a glove allowing the combined energy to be used as a force of power which will obliterate our enemy. Adam waits for Diane's nod before placing the small object on the back of her right hand.

Everyone watches as the triangle slowly begins to expand and take on the shape of Diane Evan's hand until only her hand is visible.

Alden yells to Adam from where he and Eddie have set up a few beer bottles as targets. "Whenever she's ready," as the two men move away from the target area.

"The weapons are designed to use your own energy as a force to move inanimate objects but at the same time will blast the enemy aliens into oblivion." Adam addresses his audience as he instructs Diane in how to activate the transparent weapon now permanently attached to her hand.

"Okay Mrs. Evans, hold your arm straight out and aim at one of the bottles. When you're ready, press your thumb to the middle joint on your index finger and gently squeeze. The pressure you exert will determine the power projected." He steps back to watch her first attempt.

Diane giggles and lets her extended arm fall to her side. She takes a deep breath and gives herself a mental shake before raising her arm and aiming at her target. She is rewarded when a bright blue light emanates from the palm of her hand, travels the twenty feet to its target and explodes the glass bottle into thousands of pieces.

Her elation at hitting the target is evident in the triumphant "happy dance" that she executes.

After the shock of what they've just witnessed wears off the group stampedes over to Adam to be the next one outfitted with the gloved weapon of destruction.

Kyle is the next human to be fitted with his permanent "Energy Enhancer" followed by Maria, Liz, Alex, Sondra, the Sheriff and Mr. Evans.

They all prove to be proficient at hitting what they aim for, but are cautioned to be careful. The weapons were not designed to kill humans but the force emitted can and will hurt one if used improperly.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.