FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 17
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Tess sat down on Kyle's bed and watched him finish packing. "Are you sure you'll only be gone three months?" She asked. She hoped he couldn't see the concern in her eyes. She wasn't happy he was leaving.

Kyle moved over to the bed and sat down. "I promise the academy is only three months long. I'll be back soon."

"I know," Tess began. "it's just everything is sort of out of control here. Max and Liz are fighting. Maria's gone, Michael.well he's just not doing much except sitting at home by the phone, expecting Maria to call and Taye spends all his waking time with that new girl Jennifer."

Kyle looked at Tess. "The girl Michael was with?" He asked.

"Yeah." Tess said. "Apparently Taye and Jennifer "seeing" each other now." She said, sarcastically. "That's what he tells me anyway."

"I take it you don't particularly care for her." Kyle laughed.

"Not really. She's already screwed up Michael's life. It's only a matter of time until she screw's up Taye's." Tess shook her head. "I just wish I knew why she was here."

"You think she isn't who she appears to be?" Kyle asked, trying to follow Tess. Sometimes she forgot that he couldn't read her mind.

"I think it's odd she picks Taye and Michael out of 150 guys in that club." Maria said. "And also happens to live in the same apartment building."

"You're right." Kyle said. "That does sound just a little suspicious."

"I got this feeling when I first saw her that she was different. Like she was watching me. I've noticed her watching Michael and Taye too." Tess leaned back on the bed. "I'm just not sure why she bugs me so much."

"It'll be ok." Kyle said. "I know it."

"I'm glad you're positive." She smiled.

"Has anyone heard from Liz and Max?" He asked, changing the subject. He got up and finished putting his clothes in the suitcase and zipped it up.

"Isabel got a call the other day. They called to check on Jacey." Tess said.

"Where did they go again?" He asked.

"St. Thomas." Tess answered. "They were supposed to be gone two weeks. I guess if they're still fighting they probably won't be gone that long."

Kyle smiled. "They're still fighting?" He asked.

Tess laughed. "Does separate bedrooms on a honeymoon mean anything to you?" She asked.

Kyle sat down on the bed and pulled her close. "Do you know I just realized we've never had a fight?" He asked.

Tess kissed his nose. "I know." She said. "Maybe it's meant to be that way."

"I don't want to leave." He said. "What if I come back and you're seeing someone else?" He asked.

"Not going to happen." She said, snuggling closer. "I don't want to be with anyone but you."

Kyle kissed her forehead. "You know what?" He asked.

She looked up at him.

"I think I'm falling in love with you." He whispered.

Tess pulled his mouth to hers and kissed him. She didn't want to let him go. She knew she wouldn't be able to feel his lips for three whole months. She pulled away when the car horn sounded.

"That's my dad." He said, standing up. "I guess I should go."

"Call or write me ok?" She said.

"You can bet on it." He said. He picked up his suitcase and duffle bag and headed towards the door. As if on second thought, he sat the suitcase and bag on the floor and went to Tess. He pulled her close. "I'm going to miss you so much." He said.

"I'm going to miss you too." She said, pulling his lips to hers. The car horn sounded again. "Take care of yourself." She said.

"I will." He smiled.

She watched as he disappeared down the steps and out to his father's car. She didn't know what she was going to do without Kyle, especially for three months. Maybe it'd be a good time to start investigating Jennifer. At least it would keep her mind off of Kyle. She knew she'd need some sort of distraction until she could see him again.

Part 16 | Index | Part 18
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.