FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 16
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Do you, Liz Parker, take Max Evans to be your lawful wedded husband? To have and to hold till death do you part and as long as you both shall live?" The preacher asked.

Liz looked at Max. This was the day she'd waited for her whole life. He looked more handsome than ever. She look over at the rest of the wedding party -Isabel, Alex, Taye, Tess and Kyle- everything was the way she'd imagined it. Except there was no Michael and no Maria. She knew Max hadn't asked Michael to come. She'd made an effort to invite him, but knew he wouldn't come. "I do." She said, with tears in her eyes."

"I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss-" The preacher didn't get to finish his sentence.

Max pulled Liz close. He covered her mouth with his, tasting her sweet lips. They were finally husband and wife.

"Presenting Mr. and Mrs. Max Evans." The preacher said.

They turned around and smiled to their guests. Max went over and got Jacey from his mom. He walked back over to Liz and took her hand. "I love you." He said, kissing her again.

"I love you too, Max." She said. Together the three of them headed to the reception with the wedding party following close behind. It was going to be a long night.

Isabel and Alex were the first to enter followed by Tess and Kyle, then Taye. Alex stood in the middle of the room and got everyone's attention. "Presenting, Mr. and Mrs. Max Evans."

Everyone in the room clapped and cheered as Max, Liz and Jacey entered the room.

Max went to where Alex was standing. "Get out of here, man." He said, pushing him playfully out of the way and smiling.

Alex hugged Max and moved over beside Isabel.

"Thank you all for coming." Max began. "Liz and I are happy you could share this wonderful day with us. It means a lot to us. Have fun and thanks again. We love every one of you!"

He walked back over to Liz and Jacey. He took Jacey out of Liz's arms. "Let's go see Aunt Izzy, ok?" He asked, smiling.

Jacey giggled. She was such a happy baby. He kissed Liz. "I'll be right back." He said.

He found Isabel and Alex dancing. "Is, could you watch her for a while?" He asked.

She reached over and took Jacey from him. "Come here, cutie." She said. "Might as well get used to it. You'll be staying with me while mommy and daddy are on their honeymoon." She glanced around them. "Don't worry sweetheart. They'll bring you back a baby brother or sister."

Max blushed. He had always hated when Isabel embarrassed him. He pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek. "I love you." He said. He kissed Jacey and disappeared from Isabel's sight.

"Would you like to dance?" Max asked Liz from behind.

"Where's Jacey?" She asked, smiling.

"Isabel." Max said. "Would you like to dance?"

"Yes!" Liz smiled again.

Max pulled her to the DJ and then onto the floor. "This son is dedicated to Liz and Max." The DJ announced. "Congratulations!"

Liz listened as the music started to play. She wrapped her arms tightly around him. It was their song, "Keeper of the Stars." Liz smiled. She let the words sink into her body.

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew
Now I just can't believe you're in my life
Heaven's smilin' down on me
As I look at you tonight

I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

Soft moonlight on your face oh how you shine
It takes my breath away
Just to look into your eyes
I know I don't deserve a treasure like you
There really are no words
To show my gratitude

So I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew

When the song ended, Liz had tears in her eyes. Max bent down and kissed her. "I love you." He said.

She excused herself to the bathroom and Max went outside for some fresh air.

"Hi." Michael said, walking up the steps.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Max asked.

"Liz invited me." Michael said. "It's only right that I show up."

"I want you out of here." Max said, moving closer to Michael. "You're not welcome here."

Michael noticed Liz standing in the doorway. "Not without saying hi to Liz first." Michael took a step forward but Max pushed him back.

"I want you out of here, NOW! Liz may still like you, but I don't." He was in Michael's face now. "I want you to pick your sorry ass up and get out of here."

"Max." Liz said, coming down the stairs. "How could you say such a thing?"

Michael smiled. "It's ok Liz. I probably shouldn't have come." He reached over and kissed her cheek. "Congratulations though. I hope the two of you are very happy." He turned and walked away.

Liz turned to Max. "How could you say that to him?" She asked. "He's my friend too, ya know. I forgave him." With that, she turned and disappeared inside.

Isabel figured Max and Liz were fighting. She'd come and got Jacey, but hadn't brought her back. She was dancing with Alex when Liz announced they were leaving.

"Thank you all for coming." She began. "Max and I are very happy you were here. You're welcome to stay as long as you wish." She reached over and lovingly squeezed Max's hand. "We're going to go and start the honeymoon. Thank you everyone."

Isabel watched as Liz and Max started towards the door. Once outside, Liz's smile faded and she let go of Max. They got into the limo but they were obviously fighting. Isabel could see that her mother had Jacey, which meant they were still leaving. Isabel crossed her fingers. Everything was falling apart.

"Hey!" Alex said, putting his arms around her neck. "Let's dance."

They moved out onto the dance floor and began to dance. Isabel's mind began to wonder. She hadn't heard from Maria yet. They'd talked to each other every day since she'd left. She'd have to call as soon as she got home.

"Is?" Alex asked, trying to get her attention.

"I'm sorry, Alex." She said, smiling.

"It's ok." He said. He backed away from Isabel and lowered himself onto one knee. He took Isabel's hand in his. "Will you marry me?"

Isabel didn't know what to say. It was way too soon. Especially with Maria being gone and Max and Liz fighting. She couldn't have something else screw up. "Alex."

"Don't say anything." Alex said, smiling with tears in his eyes. "Not soon. Just someday. In a year or so. Would you marry me?"

Isabel pulled Alex up onto his feet. She pulled his lips close to hers. "Yes." She said, closing the distance between them. "Yes I'll marry you." And her lips covered his passionately.

Part 15 | Index | Part 17
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.