FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 11
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"I can't believe how crowded it is here!" Isabel said as she and Maria walked into UFOnics. It hadn't been this crowded on a Friday night for a long as Isabel could remember.

"I guess it's the happening place right now!" Maria shouted over the music. "Come on, let's dance."

They made they're way onto the dance floor and started dancing. Everything that had happened that evening was leaving Maria's mind. She didn't want to think about the baby or anything. She wanted to dance it out of her mind.

"This is so great!" She said. "I love it here!"

Isabel laughed. "It is great, isn't it?"

They continued dancing for another hour. Both were out of breath when they finally sat down. "Wow!" Maria said. "I don't think I've moved that much since I was 10"

Isabel laughed. "I don't know why we don't come here more often. I just always forget about this place existing."

"Ok, let's make a deal. How about on Friday nights you, me, Liz and Tess have a girls night out and come here? It'll be an every Friday night thing. Just so we stay caught up with each other?" Maria asked.

"Sounds like a good idea to me." Isabel said. "Do you want a drink? I'm going to get me one."

"Sure, thanks." Maria said. She watched Isabel make her way over to the counter. She began to think about what she was going to tell Michael. Maybe Isabel was right, maybe he would be happy about the baby. He did seem to really like Jacey. Then again, Jacey wasn't his so that could change everything. She'd tell Michael when the time was right. But she knew that time wasn't now.

"Two Sprite's please." Isabel ordered. She paid the man and turned around to the crowd. She scanned it slowly. That's when she saw them. At first she thought she was seeing things, but then realized she wasn't. There was Michael, dancing with some strange, beautiful girl. They were dancing very close. Too close in Isabel's opinion. What was he thinking? She wondered. Then she remembered Maria. She had to get her out of there before she saw him. She left the counter without the soda's and returned to the table.

"Did you forget what you went up there for?" Maria asked smiling.

"No, I just thought maybe we could go grab something to eat somewhere. It's getting a little too crowded in here." Isabel said.

"Are you sure?" Maria asked. "I was having fun."

"We can have fun somewhere less crowded." Isabel coaxed. "Let's go."

Maria stood up. As she did the music stopped and a slow song came on. "I love this song." Maria said to Isabel. Maria scanned the crowd. Her eyes stopped on a couple dancing in the center of the floor.

"Maria?" Isabel said. She followed her gaze and saw what she was looking at. "Come on, let's just get out of here."

Maria couldn't believe it. There was Michael, her Michael, dancing cheek to cheek with a girl. Michael didn't even like to dance! What was up with that? She wanted to walk over to him and give him a piece of her mind. But he wasn't worth it. And apparently their relationship wasn't worth anything to Michael.

"I have to go." Maria said. "Take me home."

Isabel ran after her. "Maria, don't do something stupid." She began.

"Just take me home Is." She said, climbing into the jeep. "Take me home."

Part 10 | Index | Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.