FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 10
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Are you sure you want to go here?" Max asked as he pulled into the parking lot.

Taye looked around. "This is the only place I haven't been too yet. It sounds like a blast."

Liz smiled. "UFOnics is great. Isn't it Max?"

Max smiled at Liz. "If you can dance." He found a parking spot and they all entered the club. It was crowded for a Friday night. They searched the room for an empty table and found one against the back wall.

"I don't know about you two," Taye said. "But I'm going to dance."

Max and Liz watched Taye disappear into the crowd. Who'd have thought he liked to dance? Max put his arm around Liz's neck. "Do you wanna dance?"

"Sure." Liz said smiling.

Max took her hand and they walked to the dance floor. Too bad all that was playing was fast music. Max wished he could hold Liz and dance. He wasn't all that good at dancing to fast music. That was ok though because Liz didn 't care. He scanned the crowd looking for Taye. His eyes stopped when he saw Michael, dancing with someone that wasn't Maria and he looked like he was having fun. Max nudged Liz. "Look." He said.

Liz turned to see Michael and Jennifer. They were dancing and talking. She couldn't remember the last time she saw Michael smile like that. She suddenly felt guilty because Maria wasn't there. "What's up with that?" She asked.

"I'm going to find out." Max said, starting to walk over to Michael.

Liz put her hand on his arm. "No!" She said. "You can't do that. Maria might be your sister but she'll kill you if you go butting into their relationship. Believe me, I know Maria."

Max smiled at Liz. "Ok, but if he does anything that he shouldn't." he stopped.

"You can tell Maria." Liz finished. "Leave Michael alone."

He turned back and started dancing with Liz again. His eyes kept wondering back to Michael and Jennifer. They looked just a little too friendly.

Taye was enjoying himself. He didn't know why humans enjoyed dancing so much until now. It made him feel so free. He looked around the crowd, trying to find Liz and Max. Instead he found Alex in the corner. He walked over to the table and sat down. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

Alex smiled. "I brought Michael here to have fun." He pointed out to the floor. "Guess he found her."

Taye followed Alex's finger and saw Michael with a girl. A beautiful girl. She had long blonde hair, nearly the length of Isabel's. As Michael spun her around Taye could see that she had a beautiful smile and laugh. And her eyes were beautiful. Even from that far away he could see the deep emerald color they radiated. What he wouldn't give to be in his brother's place. "Wow!" Was all he could say. "They've been together all evening." Alex added. "He hasn't even come over here and talked to me."

Taye couldn't take his eyes off of the girl. He watched as she turned and looked at him. She flashed him a smile and his knees buckled. He thought he'd fall to the floor right then. He steadied himself and smiled back. Why was he so drawn to her? There was something about her.he just couldn't place it.

"Are you ok?" Alex asked. "You seem a little.I don't know.spacey?"

"I'm fine." Taye said. "Do you think Michael would get mad if I went out there and danced with that girl? I mean, them?"

Alex smiled. "I doubt it."

Taye made his way to Michael and the girl. He stopped next to Michael and started to dance. "Hey!" He said.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" Michael asked.

"Just trying to have some fun." He said. "What about you?"

"Came with Alex. He said I needed to have some fun. It was against my will." He smiled. "Oh, Taye this is Jennifer. Jen, this is my brother, Taye."

"Nice to meet you." Taye said, extending his hand.

"Likewise." She said, shaking it.

When their hands touched a connection was made. Taye saw darkness, and felt fear in the air. He let go quickly. What the hell was that?

She smiled and continued dancing with Michael. Taye joined them and the three danced together for a while longer. Taye finally got tired and went to the table.

"Well?" Alex asked. "What's she like?"

"Strange." Taye said.

Alex could tell something was bothering him. "Strange how?" He asked.

"I shook hands with her and the instant we touched a connection was formed. I saw our planet. I also felt a strong sense of fear. I don't know where it was coming from. It was definitely from her though." Taye said.

"What do you think it means?" Alex asked. "I don't know." Taye said. "But I'm going to find out. Something just isn 't right."

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.