FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 12
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Taye and Alex watched as Michael danced with Jennifer. "I can't believe he' s doing that." Taye said.

Alex shook his head. "I can't believe it either." He glanced around the club and his eyes came to rest on Maria and Isabel. "We've got problems."

Taye followed his eyes over to the door. There stood Maria, staring straight at Michael, with Isabel not far behind. "This can't be good." He said. He stood up. "I'm going to go cut in and send Michael over here. You have to tell him Maria saw them."

Alex shook his head. He couldn't believe that Maria and Isabel were at the club. Of all the places to go, they had to choose UFOnics.

Taye made his way over to Michael and Jennifer. He tapped Michael on the shoulder. "Do you mind if I cut in?" He asked.

"Yeah." Michael said, turning back to Jennifer. "Michael, please." Taye pleaded. "I will owe you one."

Michael looked at his brother. "Whatever." He dropped his arms from around Jennifer. "Where's Alex?"

"He's sitting over there." Taye said, pointing across the room.

Michael didn't give his brother another look. He was mad because Taye had butted in. He'd been having fun. He made his way over to Alex's table and sat down. "Remind me to teach him a thing or two about not being rude." Michael said.

"He did it for a reason, Michael." Alex said.

Michael looked at Alex. "What the hell are you talking about?" He asked. "Everyone does something for SOME reason."

"Maria was here." Alex said.

"Where's she at?" He asked, looking around the club. "I don't see her."

"She left." Alex continued. "She and Isabel were here. She left pretty upset."

"What was wrong with her?" Michael asked.

"Think about it." Alex said. "What do you think was wrong with her?"

Michael shrugged his shoulders. He really had no clue.

"She saw you and Jennifer together." Alex said bluntly. "Dancing together, to a slow song. Why do you think she was upset?"

"Damn it!" Michael said, annoyed. "She will totally blow the situation out of proportion."

Alex leaned back in the chair. "Do you think? You guys looked really comfortable together."

"There is nothing going on between Jennifer and I." Michael defended. "She 's just a new friend. She's new to Roswell." Michael paused for a moment. "Besides, I think she likes Taye. She keeps asking me about him."

Alex looked around the club and then back at Michael. "You better get over to Maria's and tell her what she saw wasn't what she thought it was."

Michael shook his head. "I know Maria. I have to give her time to cool down. It'll be impossible for us to talk while she's mad."

"Suit yourself, man." Alex began. "But if I were in your situation right now, I'd be crawling over to Isabel's on my hands and knees."

"She'll be fine." Michael said. "I'll stop by her house on the way home tonight. She'll be chilled by then."

"If you say so." Alex commented. He turned to see Max and Liz walking towards them. He waved them over to the table.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked.

"We called all of you to do something tonight but no one except Taye was home. It's weird how we all ended up at the same place." Liz said, smiling. "Well almost all of us."

"I know," Alex said. "Me and Michael, You and Max, Taye, and Maria and Isabel.that only leave Tess and Kyle."

"Maria and Isabel?" Liz asked. "I didn't see them here."

"Yeah, they were here a few minutes ago." Alex began. "I didn't get to talk to them or anything because they left."

"Why?" Max asked, glaring at Michael. He knew exactly why they'd probably left. Maria had seen Michael with that girl.

"Leave it alone Maxwell." Michael said, standing up and pushing in his chair. "It doesn't concern you."

"She's my sister and it does concern me." He said defensively. "I don't want you hurting her because you are confused."

Michael was hurt by what Max had said. He didn't have to take that from him. He got up in his face. "What do you mean by that?" Michael asked.

"Exactly what I said." Max shot back. "I don't want you screwing over Maria."

Michael clenched his fists. "And what are you going to do about it?"

"I'll do whatever it takes." Max said, preparing to strike back.

"ENOUGH!" Liz yelled. She moved between Michael and Max. "I told you to stay out of it." She said, looking at Max. "It's Maria and Michael's life, not yours."

"Thank you." Michael said.

"And you, well, I'm just not happy with you right now." Liz snapped her head towards Michael. "If Maria saw you dancing with that girl, doesn't it even make you feel the least bit guilty. I mean, she loves you so much and to see you dancing with someone else would crush her. Remember how I was when Tess first surfaced. True, she ended up being no threat at all to Max and I, but he was so drawn to her and I was crushed. Especially after I found out they'd kissed. It didn't help that I'd seen it."

"But I didn't kiss her." Michael defended.

"No, but you were dancing with her." Alex added.

"Closely." Max chimed in.

Liz shot him a look and he backed down. "All I'm saying, Michael, is that Maria knows you. She knows you don't like to dance or come to a place like this. Imagine her surprise finding you here, with another woman no less." Liz shook her head. "Are you getting the picture yet?"

Michael didn't want to admit he'd been wrong. That he felt guilty for having so much fun without Maria. He slowly shook his head. "I guess I should really go over there and talk to her." He said.

"That'd be a good idea." Liz said touching his arm. "Don't be yourself." She smiled. "She's expecting you to make excuses for it. Surprise her by telling the truth."

He glanced back across the room to Jennifer and Taye. They looked like they were having fun. He turned back to Alex.

"Do you care if I bail?" He asked.

"Nope, go ahead." Alex added. "She's not going to be happy to see you though. Remember that...and she'll have Isabel on her side."

Alex noticed Liz's face scrunch up when he mentioned Isabel was with Maria. He wondered what that was about. Was she jealous of the time Maria and Isabel spent together? He'd have to remember to ask her about it sometime.

"It'll be ok." Michael said. "We've worked out far worse things before."

"Good luck." Liz said, placing a small kiss on his cheek. "And remember what I said, be truthful with her."

Michael walked across the club to the exit and stepped into the cool nights air. He couldn't believe Maria had seen him dancing with Jennifer. He had a feeling that all the explaining in the world he could do to Maria would not fix the problems between them. Especially after their argument that afternoon. He walked with his head down. Somehow, he felt that his relationship with Maria would finally be over.

Part 11 | Index | Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.