FanFic - Other
"Destiny's Circle"
Part 18
by Kath7
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Roswell nor from the Robin Hood legend. I am just borrowing them. Some original ideas by ddawn and Angel_Parker. The character of Parkyla was created by Sunnie D.
Summary: This story is based on an idea that came out of a RPG that is currently ongoing on the Fanforum Roswell Board called Detention Adventures (Detentioned Boswellians.) In it, two of our talented authors (Hi Angel_Parker and ddawn!) have created the idea that everything that happens in Roswell-land is on a continuous loop - meaning that Max, Isabel, Tess and Michael have been on Earth many times before, have returned to their planet and have been killed each time. Their "essences" have been re-cloned and they have been re-sent to Earth to try and get it right. Time on Earth continues to move forward with each loop, thus everytime our pod squad returns, they return to a different time period. My story has added to this idea - basically I believe that two mistakes in the current, contemporary loop of the TV show have affected the destiny of the four: These two events are 1)Nasedo being captured after the Crash and consequentially losing Max, Isabel and Michael 2) Max's healing of Liz. I love the idea of reincarnation and soulmates, thus I have decided to create the story of Max and Liz through the centuries as they just miss changing Max' s destiny each time. I already know that the story is going to end in our time, with the healing of Liz at the Crashdown....where it is going to go to get there, I do not know...LOL...so, hopefully this will work! This first part of the story is set in Medieval England and is based on the Robin Hood legend.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is dedicated to my pals on the Detentioned Boswellians RPG. They are, in no particular order: pbwin, ddawn, Sunnie D, hookt, Maria, sjton, Ivy_English, Angel_Parker, cheetah, Phaedra and Shortiegirl. If I forgot someone, please just kill me. LOL
Mary watched Michael stomp off into the forest, her brow furrowed with concern.

He was so shut off, so withdrawn.

He was the most intriguing person she had ever met.

She turned back to the others, addressed Elizabeth. "What are you doing here Lizzie?" She asked the one question she was sure would garner her a straight answer.

Elizabeth smacked a hand to her forehead. She turned to Max sheepishly. "I almost forgot...with all that has happened." Mary wondered exactly what had happened to make Michael practically come to blows with her brother and had rendered Max at odds with his siblings. "Things are now worse." Elizabeth continued. "It turns out that the men that were killed in the forest yesterday were the Sheriff's men disguised as outlaws."

Mary watched Max's jaw set. Isabel looked even more upset. "I don't understand. Why were they dressed thus?" The tall blonde asked. "And why did they attack us?"

Elizabeth just shook her head. "It is unclear Isabel." She looked back at Max, her face reflecting her fear for all of them. "The important thing is that you are in even more danger. You did move the bodies?"

Max nodded. He looked thoughtful. Mary realized that everyone was waiting for him to make a decision. Max was without a doubt the leader of their little band. Even Alexander and Elizabeth deferred to him almost automatically and Mary realized that she herself had often done so in the day that she had known him.

For the first time she wondered: Who are these people really?

"Well, I guess we are still safe for now." Max finally concluded. He looked at Elizabeth with concern. "And you must return to the castle immediately my lo..." He cut himself off abruptly, glanced at Tess guiltily. The small blonde had finally stopped sulking and had joined him. Now she stared at Max, her expression unreadable. "Er, my lady." Max finished gracelessly.

Not at all obvious there Maxwell, Maria thought ironically.

Elizabeth did not look happy. "I do not understand why I cannot stay with you." She replied, sounding a little hurt.

"Because if your betrothed finds out you are aiding and abetting outlaws, he will force his father to come down upon us even harder." Tess snapped.

Max glared at her. "Be quiet Tess."

Elizabeth blinked, forced a smile. "No, she is right Max. I was not thinking."

Isabel broke in, clearly trying to ease the tension by changing the subject. "It is time to get word to Lord Edmund Maxwell."

Max nodded. "I just don't know how we can do it Bella. I am sure that the Sheriff will have soldiers at the castle."

Alexander, who had been silent listening up until now, stepped forward. "I am willing to go for you Max. They still do not suspect Mary or me."

Isabel and Max exchanged a quick glance. If Mary had not been watching for it she would have missed it certain.

If she did not know better, she would have said that some sort of silent conversation had just occurred between the two siblings. An expression of happiness had crossed Isabel's beautiful visage and Mary noticed that she briefly glanced at Alexander admiringly, but with a touch of fear as well.

"That would be wonderful Alexander." Max replied. "But first we must tell you the truth."

"What?" Tess screeched. "No! I forbid it!"

Max silenced her with a look. Tess tossed her head, stomped off into the forest after Michael. Max looked relieved to see the back of her.

All thoughts of Tess and her tantrum fled Mary's mind however when Max told them then the incredible truth.

She had never heard such an astonishing tale.

But she believed them. And she was not frightened.

Mary had already seen enough kindness in these folk - well in at least three of them she amended hastily - to believe that they were what they said they were.

They were visitors - not demons.

The clearing was silent for several long moments after Max stopped talking as the others waited for Mary and Alexander to digest the news. It was clear that Elizabeth had already known.

"And you knew of this Lizzy?" Alexander finally asked his friend.

Elizabeth nodded. "I only found out a few minutes ago Alex. I saw Max heal Tess."

Mary was interested. "What do you mean he healed her?" She asked curiously.

"We have certain gifts." Isabel inserted. "Max can heal people. Tess can make people see things that are not there. I can enter people's dreams."

Mary felt a momentary chill at that information. Her dreams were private! But she eyed Isabel, felt the trust that had already been built between them. She knew that Isabel would never betray her. "What can Michael do?" She asked instead.

Isabel and Max exchanged another glance. It appeared that another silent conversation was going on. Mary shrugged at Elizabeth, who was watching the whole process with interest.

Max finally sighed. "I think perhaps he had better tell you that himself."

Mary nodded. "Very well. Please know that none of this makes any difference. We still intend to help you. You are still the same people to me that you were before I knew this. Right Alex?" Alex nodded his dark head. Mary was not surprised to notice that he was gazing at Isabel with admiration. He seemed to actually like her better now that he knew she was different. Isabel was gazing back at him, her eyes bright with some emotion that Mary could not quite identify, but was certainly not far from the way that Alexander clearly felt about her.

She watched Max move forward, take Elizabeth's hand, leading her across the clearing for a private discussion. She was not at all surprised to see their heads moving closer and closer together, until their foreheads were nearly touching as they conversed.

Suddenly Mary had a great urge to go in search of the messy-headed brute, Michael. She imagined that he was off somewhere brooding.

She now knew why he had been such a beast. He was frightened - frightened of what they would do if they found out the truth about he and his siblings.

Mary had to find him, tell him that it made no difference to her.

She was unafraid of what he was.

The only thing she feared was the way she was beginning to feel about him.

While Mary had been trying to decide whether she should go after Michael or wait for him to return, Alexander had moved away to his horse. He was preparing to go to Castle deHarding. Isabel had followed him and was now talking to him quietly.

She eyed the two budding couples quietly for a few more moments and then made her decision.

Mary turned on her heel and quietly faded away into the green wood.

Part 17 | Index | Part 19
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.