FanFic - Other
"Destiny's Cirlce"
Part 17
by Kath7
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Roswell nor from the Robin Hood legend. I am just borrowing them. Some original ideas by ddawn and Angel_Parker. The character of Parkyla was created by Sunnie D.
Summary: This story is based on an idea that came out of a RPG that is currently ongoing on the Fanforum Roswell Board called Detention Adventures (Detentioned Boswellians.) In it, two of our talented authors (Hi Angel_Parker and ddawn!) have created the idea that everything that happens in Roswell-land is on a continuous loop - meaning that Max, Isabel, Tess and Michael have been on Earth many times before, have returned to their planet and have been killed each time. Their "essences" have been re-cloned and they have been re-sent to Earth to try and get it right. Time on Earth continues to move forward with each loop, thus everytime our pod squad returns, they return to a different time period. My story has added to this idea - basically I believe that two mistakes in the current, contemporary loop of the TV show have affected the destiny of the four: These two events are 1)Nasedo being captured after the Crash and consequentially losing Max, Isabel and Michael 2) Max's healing of Liz. I love the idea of reincarnation and soulmates, thus I have decided to create the story of Max and Liz through the centuries as they just miss changing Max' s destiny each time. I already know that the story is going to end in our time, with the healing of Liz at the Crashdown....where it is going to go to get there, I do not know...LOL...so, hopefully this will work! This first part of the story is set in Medieval England and is based on the Robin Hood legend.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is dedicated to my pals on the Detentioned Boswellians RPG. They are, in no particular order: pbwin, ddawn, Sunnie D, hookt, Maria, sjton, Ivy_English, Angel_Parker, cheetah, Phaedra and Shortiegirl. If I forgot someone, please just kill me. LOL
Michael's heart had stopped when he had stepped out into the clearing to see his brother kissing Lady Elizabeth as though he never intended to stop.

When Tess had come flying out of the forest, her face white, Max nowhere to be found, Michael had immediately run in the direction from which she had come, sure that something horrifying had befallen Max. He had not even waited to hear Tess' explanation.

What he had found was worse then anything he could have possibly imagined...

Instead of his brother at sword-point, he had found him declaring his love to a small slip of a girl he had met only yesterday.

And Michael knew that Max had told Elizabeth the truth.

Max had thrust Elizabeth protectively behind him while Michael advanced on them, unable to control his anger.

"Michael...stop." Max was scowling at him. An entire lifetime of accepting Max unconditionally as his leader was too much for Michael to ignore. He stopped, spoke through clenched teeth, struggling to control his fear.

"You told her - didn't you?" Max pressed his lips together.

"She saw me heal Tess." He explained, smiling reassuringly at Elizabeth, who did not actually look scared at all, just concerned.

Michael felt his anger drain out of him. Despair began to settle in. "I told you we had to stay away from humans Max. This was bound to happen."

Max looked momentarily guilty, but did not reply for Elizabeth spoke up. "I promise not to tell anyone Michael...not even Mary and Alexander."

Michael eyed her coldly, unconvinced. He could not like Lady Elizabeth, although she had really only ever been helpful to them. The way Max behaved around her...his brother had always been the centre of Michael's life, the one person he could count on for control and security. This one girl had changed all of it - in the space of 24 hours.

He scowled again when he saw Elizabeth take Max's hand, clearly trying to comfort him. "We better get back to the camp." Michael finally said grudgingly. Max was still staring at him, clearly unsure what was going on in his head. Let him wonder, Michael thought bitterly. He could feel his emotions closing down, trying to erase the pit of fear in his stomach.

Nothing would ever be the same again.

"Wait!" Elizabeth said suddenly. Max had been leading her after Michael, still holding her hand. Michael turned impatiently. "My maidservant is here as well."

Michael could feel a frown becoming permanently etched on his forehead. "Wonderful." He turned to Max. "Does she know too? Who didn't you tell Maxwell? Next thing we know the bloody king will be in on the secret."

"She doesn't know." Elizabeth inserted quickly. "I was alone. She is likely waiting for me at our horses." She smiled shyly at Michael. "I brought you some supplies." It was an olive branch - one Michael rejected immediately.

"We don't need anything from you." He turned on his heel and stomped off into the bush, leaving Max and Elizabeth staring after him. He needed to talk to Isabel and Tess right away. They were going to have to go back to the castle to see Lord Edmund, despite the risk of capture. They needed his help.

Michael flinched at the thought of the wrath their guardian was going to inflict on them. He knew it was going to gall Max and Isabel to no end that Lord Edmund had ended up being right. They should have stayed at the castle. The world was unsafe for such as them. One little mistake and they were betrayed...

He emerged into the Great Oak clearing, to the sight of Isabel and Tess in close conference near the shelter. Mary and Alexander were still seated near the fire, the former looking perplexed, the latter worried.

"What has happened Michael?" Mary asked him, concern on her lovely face. Michael ignored her, stalked past. He felt a moment of regret when a brief expression of hurt flashed across her face.

No regrets. She is not one of us. Michael told himself as he went to join Isabel and Tess.

Almost immediately he wished he had not. Tess was practically hysterical. "We are doomed I tell you. Doomed!"

Michael rolled his eyes. He was surprised to note that Bella did not look frightened. Rather, her expression was pensive. She was staring across Tess's shoulder, not doing anything to comfort her sister. Michael followed her gaze, sighed with annoyance when he realized that she was staring at Alexander.

"Bella?" He demanded gruffly. If she was actually considering telling the other two noble brats too...obviously he was going to have to make her see reason.

Isabel blinked. "I think that we should trust them." She said finally. "I have a feeling about him...er them." She amended quickly, a faint blush creeping up her neck.

"Are you insane?" Tess screeched. Isabel sighed.

"No, I am not Tess." She turned to Michael pleadingly. "This secret can't last forever Michael."

Max melted from the forest behind them. "And I don't want it too." He added to what Isabel had said.

"Where is she?" Michael demanded, ignoring Max's statement.

"She's coming." Max replied in such a calm manner, it made Michael want to punch him.

Moments later Elizabeth emerged from the same direction Max had. She was followed closely by a pretty young girl of about seventeen.

"Lizzie!" Mary shrieked with joy from the other side of the clearing. Michael felt annoyed. That girl was going to bring the entire Sheriff's guard down on their heads.

He hurried across the clearing, grabbed Mary by the arm. "Be quiet!" Alexander stepped forward immediately, his hand on his sword.

"Get your hands off my sister!"

Mary was staring at Michael, her mouth open. She closed it suddenly with a snap. Elizabeth had joined them, appeared to be on the verge of tears. Mary shook free, stepped away from him. "I apologize." She turned to Alexander. "Put your sword down Alex. He is right. I was being too loud."

Michael blinked, perplexed. Mary had tilting her head, was gazing at him questioningly. "Something has clearly happened." She said finally. "You must tell us. We are in this together now."

Michael was shocked by the sudden urge to tell her everything. What's wrong with you? He demanded himself. She'll be afraid of you. She'll betray you.

But Lady Elizabeth does not seem afraid, a small voice in the back of his head replied coaxingly.

Alexander was still glaring at him. Max and Isabel had rushed across the clearing, Isabel now standing in front of Michael protectively. Michael noticed that Tess had plunked herself down on a log near the shelter and was pouting. The maidservant was at the stream, washing her hands.

"Michael, would you please settle down." Max ground out, his annoyance clear. "I am very sorry milady." He addressed Mary. "Michael is a little overwrought." Michael felt his irritation at his brother increasing again and it doubled when he saw Max glance at Elizabeth lovingly.

"You do not need to apologize for me." He yelled. He realized that he was being just as loud as Mary had been minutes before. "I'm leaving." He muttered. "Tell them whatever the hell you want to." His gaze raked across Mary's face once more. The expression of sympathy and willingness to understand that he saw there was more frightening then anything else could have possibly been.

He could not trust her. He could not. They could not trust anyone.

He turned on his heel, grabbed his bow and quiver and went to get lost in the forest for a while.

Part 16 | Index | Part 18
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.