FanFic - Other
"Alien Eyes"
Part 4
by Ivy Rose
Disclaimer: I really wish I did, but I don't own "Roswell" in any way. Although, given the wishful circumstances, Jason Behr will be mine soon...
Summary: Isabel, Michael, and Tess are the three aliens in Roswell, and they haven't discovered Max yet, who is the new alien. All the roles are still the same: Isabel and Max are siblings, as are Michael and Tess, only they live in different families. The couples are a little mixed up in the beginning, but give me some time.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You'll find that I made Tess a good person in this story. That's because I wanted to bring out the side that I think Tess really does have and she's not just evil. I'm not a real big Tess fan, but I thought it'd be fun to play with her character. This is my first fanfic, so please give me feedback!
"Are you sure you're ready?" Max and Liz stood outside the Crashdown, surveying the bustle of activity in the restaurant. Maria and Tess were both dressed in their uniforms and waiting on tables, writing orders on the order pad. Michael and Isabel sat in "their" booth in the back, the one hidden from all the customers, but still visible to the waitresses. Isabel's blonde head peaked over the top of the booth; a subtle hint that there were in fact people that sat at that booth.

Liz looked at Max, her eyes questioning. She didn't want him to do this if he didn't have too. She knew that Michael, Isabel, and Tess would be excited to learn that he was good, he was half human and he wanted to help him. But she also knew that Isabel would wary of him. Iz had trouble trusting anyone, and until Max proved that he wasn't going to hurt them, she would stay on her guard.

Max returned Liz's look with a loving one of his own. He had just met her a few days before, but he already felt as if she was his best friend. After all, she knew his deepest secret. He suspected that some of the people she ran around with were like him, but he couldn't pinpoint exactly who it was. She hadn't told him if there were; she had just told him that she needed to get to work, and that he needed to tell her friends. He didn't know why, but he knew there had to be a good reason.

"Hey guys." Alex's voice spoke up behind them, and they both turned to see his smiling face. "What's up?" Liz tried to return his smile, but it was unconvincing, and Alex gave her the famous "I-know-something's-wrong-but-I-won't-say-anything-until-we-are-alone" look. She nodded slightly, the equally famous "Yeah-something's-up-but-I'll-tell-you-later" look.

Max watched this exchange in interest. He didn't know what the two were "saying" to each other, but he thought it was funny and intriguing the way they communicated. They had to be extremely close to be able to talk without using words. Max longed for a relationship like that. He'd never had any close friends because he and his parents had always moved around.

"Well, how about we go in." Liz's overly cheerful voice rang out.

"Yeah," Alex agreed, stepping up and holding the door open for them. Max nodded thanks to him and Alex smiled, then followed them in. Liz walked directly to the back of the restaurant where Isabel and Michael were sitting.

"Can I talk to you?" Her voice held a note of urgency, and Michael realized that she knew something. He immediately got up. Isabel followed. "Go to the kitchen. I'll get Tess." She waited until she saw them nod, then turned to Alex. "Alex, will you tell Maria to get Max's order?" Alex nodded. "Thanks. Max, I need to talk to some people, but I'll be back soon. Have a seat and order whatever you want. It's on the house." Her parents would kill her. But it had been a taxing day for both of them, and Liz wanted to find a way to thank Max for trusting her. She knew it must have been hard, especially since they had only known each other for two days.

"Tess! I need to talk to you. Now," she added when she saw Tess' mouth open in protest. Tess quickly closed it and followed her to the kitchen where Michael and Isabel were already waiting.

"What's going on Liz?" Michael's voice was soft, as if he was afraid someone would hear them. Liz looked around, making sure no one was there, and started to speak.

"He's one of you." She saw six eyes register in surprise, three mouths drop open, and two female hands grasp the other's arm. She felt bad for breaking it to them this way. She knew they were expecting something more subtle, less important. Yet she knew she had to tell them. She owed them-and Max-at least that much.

"What do you mean?" Isabel's voice held shock, as Liz knew it would, but also the slightest tinge of excitement. Her lips were curving into a small, hopeful smile, which Liz found encouraging.

"He asked for a ride after school, but while I was pulling out we almost got into a wreck. I was all jumpy, and I started to freak out. Then I felt his hand on my forearm, and then a calm rush-just like I get when you do it." She addressed Tess, whose face was shining at the prospect of having a mutual friend. Her green eyes shone like emeralds and her red lips were curved into a wide smile, showing off her perfectly straight teeth.

"He's good? He's not after us?" Liz shook her head joyfully.

"He's on your side." She could feel the excitement radiating off the girls, but Michael's own uncertainty wouldn't allow her to join the excitement. She turned to him, her brown eyes filled with wonder. "What's wrong?"

"It's just that after all these years there's finally someone else out there like us. I always thought we were alone." His voice started to drop, and he looked almost vulnerable-not a Michael trait. "Does he know?" He looked Liz directly in the eyes, and it was good that he did, because otherwise she wouldn't have known what he was asking.

"No. I thought you guys should tell him. It's not my place." She was thrilled for her friends, but she couldn't stop a sense of foreboding from washing over her.

"We should tell him." Michael and Isabel nodded in agreement to Tess' statement and started out the door. Liz hung back; not wanting to interrupt the reunion she knew was about to happen. Michael and Isabel walked through the doors, too excited to notice Liz's hesitation, but Tess stopped at the door and turned around.

"You coming?" Her eyes were imploring as they searched Liz's for an answer. Liz shook her head, her brown hair fluttering softly across her shoulders. "Why not?" She retraced her steps, stopping in front of Liz.

"I don't want to be a third person." The statement was simple, but the look on Tess' face told Liz that she knew there were something else. "Please, Tess, go. You deserve this." She placed a hand on the blonde girl's shoulder and gently shoved her backward. Tess looked at Liz again, then turned around and walked out the door.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.