FanFic - Other
"Alien Eyes"
Part 5
by Ivy Rose
Disclaimer: I really wish I did, but I don't own "Roswell" in any way. Although, given the wishful circumstances, Jason Behr will be mine soon...
Summary: Isabel, Michael, and Tess are the three aliens in Roswell, and they haven't discovered Max yet, who is the new alien. All the roles are still the same: Isabel and Max are siblings, as are Michael and Tess, only they live in different families. The couples are a little mixed up in the beginning, but give me some time.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You'll find that I made Tess a good person in this story. That's because I wanted to bring out the side that I think Tess really does have and she's not just evil. I'm not a real big Tess fan, but I thought it'd be fun to play with her character. This is my first fanfic, so please give me feedback!
Liz watched through the circular window of the kitchen door as the alien trio talked with Max. She saw Tess' eyes shining brightly with excitement, Michael regarding him carefully, and Isabel about to hug Max. It amazed Liz that Isabel was so welcoming to this stranger who was about to become part of their life. Maybe she sense something there, something only an alien could sense in another alien.

She was glad that they finally found what they were looking for. They lived a life of fear, always being on guard, checking their backs. They never got to relax, to enjoy being a teenager. Liz knew that Isabel and Tess desperately wanted to be able to have sleepovers, go to parties, and be sixteen. But they had been forced to grow up the moment they found out that they're lives were in danger at the age of ten.

They had called on them - Alex, Maria, and her - to help them find their home. Tess had pulled Maria and Liz aside while Michael talked to Alex, telling them their secret, binding the six of them together for life.

As Liz watched, unnoticed, Tess walked around the table and hugged Max, whispering something in his ear. Max smiled and nodded, then looked up and caught Liz staring.

If it had been any other person, Liz would have turned away, embarrassed, and tried to look busy. But she could not tear her eyes away from this beautiful man. He motioned for her to come out, to talk to them, and she found herself automatically obeying his request.

"Liz!" She was greeted by Tess, who had turned when she heard the door open. Tess' smile was bright as she walked over and hugged her. "He really is one of us. Thank you, Liz." When she pulled back, Liz noticed the tears of joy shining in her eyes.

"You're welcome." Liz started to get choked up, and she had to turn and wipe the tears out of her eyes. She was so happy for the three, that they had finally found someone, but in her heart of hearts, she wondered if this was going to tear them away. They had been inseparable, the six of them, for three years. She didn't want anything to come between them, not even a boy as good and sweet as Max.

At the thought of Max, her eyes wandered over to where he was standing and were met with his own intense stare. When he saw he had her attention, he smiled, a slight, lopsided smile, lasting only seconds before his attention was diverted by Isabel. Tess followed Liz's gaze and smiled knowingly when she saw who was making Liz crazy. "He's a cutie." Her matter-of-fact voice broke Liz out of her dream world and caused her to blush. Tess laughed, a high, rich laugh that sounded like wind chimes. "He likes you. I can tell."

"Really?" Liz let her eyes wander back to Max, who was listening intently to Isabel, but whose eyes were glued on her.

"Liz, he's staring at you. That's generally a clue." When she saw that she had Liz's full attention, she rolled her eyes. "Ten bucks says that you guys hook up within a week."

"Tess? Will you do me a favor?" Tess cocked her head at Liz's saccharine tone of voice. "Don't bet on me. It makes me feel...used." She shivered for Tess' benefit, which just caused Tess to slap her arm.

"Funny."

"You think?" The two girls smiled at each other, sharing a moment of bonding. Then a pair of arms slipped around Tess' waist.

"Hey Liz. Tess, you ready?" Alex lowered his head to Tess ear. Tess looked at Liz sheepishly.

"We're going out tonight. Is that okay?" Tess started to giggle as Alex kissed her neck.

"Yeah. Just don't make out here. Please. It scares off the customers." She lowered her voice to a stage whisper, causing the couple to laugh. "You gonna say bye to Max?" Liz jerked her head over to where Max was sitting.

"Yeah. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Sure. Go ahead." Alex watched as Tess walked over to her new friend, then turned to Liz. "So he's good?" Liz nodded.

"I think so. He's a good person, at least. I think we should trust him." Tess made her way back to the two.

"Well Liz, you've always had good judgment. I mean, Tess thought she could trust you enough to tell you her darkest secret, so if you can trust Max, then I'll trust him."

She started to get choked up again. "Thank you Alex. That means a lot." Alex grinned and slipped his arm around Tess' waist.

"Any time."

"I'll call you later," Tess said to Liz before turning around with Alex.

"Later." Liz called after them before heading back to the kitchen to get the orders. She was met by Maria, who was just starting her shift.

"He's good?" It was more of a statement than a question. Liz nodded.

"Yeah. I guess he'd have to be for Isabel to be hugging him."

"That was my first clue." They laughed together before Liz picked up the plates.

"Hot. Ow, hot." She started to shift the plate from hand to hand, losing grip on it and sending it crashing to the floor. "Damn!" Her curse rose above the murmur of the dinner crowd, and she smiled sheepishly as she realized what she'd done. She dropped quickly to the floor and started to pick up the broken pieces of glass, trying to cover her embarrassment.

"Let me help you with that." Max's deep voice came from above Liz, causing her to stop and straighten slowly.

"It's okay. I've got it."

"No really. Let me help." His voice was quietly insistent, and before she knew it, he was down on the ground, helping her pick up the glass and food. "Do you normally drop things this time of night?" Liz couldn't tell if he was teasing or not from his voice, but when she looked at him, his eyes were sparkling with amusement. She grinned.

"Always." He smiled then, before turning serious.

"I want to thank you Liz." She looked at him, puzzled.

"For what?"

"For introducing me to them. For trusting me enough to invade your world."

"Max, you trusted me first. If it hadn't been for you...You never would have found out about them. It was your doing." She spoke softly, anticipating what she hoped would happen next. Max didn't disappoint her.

"Thank you," he repeated, before bringing his lips down to hers in a searing kiss.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.