FanFic - Other
"Alien Eyes"
Part 3
by Ivy Rose
Disclaimer: I really wish I did, but I don't own "Roswell" in any way. Although, given the wishful circumstances, Jason Behr will be mine soon...
Summary: Isabel, Michael, and Tess are the three aliens in Roswell, and they haven't discovered Max yet, who is the new alien. All the roles are still the same: Isabel and Max are siblings, as are Michael and Tess, only they live in different families. The couples are a little mixed up in the beginning, but give me some time.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You'll find that I made Tess a good person in this story. That's because I wanted to bring out the side that I think Tess really does have and she's not just evil. I'm not a real big Tess fan, but I thought it'd be fun to play with her character. This is my first fanfic, so please give me feedback!
Liz walked down the halls of West Roswell High, her eyes shifting from side to side as she searched for Max Porter. She was keeping her promise to her friends; she was saving their lives. She wasn't going to let anything happen to them. They were a part of her, and if one left, then the whole group went down.

She suddenly saw a flash green walking swiftly down the hall. Tess had confirmed that Max was wearing a green shirt. She squinted her eyes, trying to focus them, but the person was gone, and Liz had no idea where. She couldn't even begin to try to follow him. *If* that had been Max. There are tons of people in green shirts, Liz. You can't think that the one you saw after hours of looking was Max.

She decided to go on to work. Maybe he'll show up there, she thought as she hurried to her car. She heard footsteps pounding on the pavement behind her. Her heart pounded in her rib cage, and she swallowed hard. Lots of people run on the pavement Liz, she tried to reassure herself.

"Liz!" Liz shrieked and her books went flying into the air as she jumped. "Liz! Are you all right?" Liz looked up and found that she was looking into the eyes of Max Porter.

"I'm fine." She knew she wasn't convincing. She was thoroughly shaken. "When did I become this ...jumpy?" Max's voice interrupted her thoughts. She looked up at him in surprise.

"What?" Her voice was breathy and nervous. Stop it Liz, she reprimanded herself.

"I asked why you're so jumpy." He smiled at her then, a small half smile that lit up his entire face. Liz found herself smiling back against her will. Liz, you don't want to encourage him, she told herself. What if he's the bad guy? She looked down at the thought, then looked back up into his beautiful eyes. He can't be the enemy. He's too sweet, too nice,...and *way* too cute. She felt her cheeks color, and looked cautiously at Max to make sure that he didn't notice. He was too busy helping her pick up her books, which still lay scattered on the ground. Talk to him Liz! She urged herself. How are you ever going to get him to trust you if you never talk to him?

"Umm...Do you need a ride?" Her voice was small and squeaky, and she hated herself for it. Max nodded as he handed her his books.

"Yeah, actually, I could. I was thinking about heading over to Crashdown for a soda." Liz's heart beat faster and her head began to spin. Hurry Liz, say something!

"Well, I'm about to head over there, so..." She trailed off, unsure of how to finish the sentence.

"Great. Is that your car?" He gestured towards a small Mazda Miata.

"Uh huh." Great response Liz. Now he really thinks you're intelligent. She mentally kicked herself.

Max got to his feet and held out a hand. Liz grasped it and was startled at the firmness of it. He pulled her to her feet, and she instantly lost her balance. He was quick, pulling her to his chest in one swift movement of his muscular arm. She found herself breathing hard against his rock hard chest. "You okay now?" His voice was soft and breathy, much like her own. Liz nodded slightly, reluctantly pulling herself away.

"We'd better get going." Max nodded silently and followed her to her car. She searched her purse for her keys, then unlocked the car. She sat in the driver's seat, waiting for him to get in. When he was ready, she turned on the car and prepared to drive away.

"How do I deal with you?
How do I deal with me?
When I don't even know myself or
what it is you want from me..."

The music blasted through the speakers and Liz grimaced. "Sorry." Max gave a small laugh as Liz fumbled with the radio knob. Finally the music clicked off and the car was silent. Liz pushed it into gear and pulled out, met with the sound of an angry horn.

"Damn!" She pounded her hands against the steering wheel. What the hell is wrong with me? She wondered silently. I'm never like this! She felt a hand on her arm, and she jumped slightly, then felt a calm rush through her body. She looked at Max, her brown eyes wide. His voice was quiet when he spoke.

"Now you know."

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.