Fanfic - Max/Liz
"For Then, For Now, Forever"
Part 5
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of it's characters, however I love borrowing them whenever I come up with some insane ideas to write about! OH, and any songs are copyright of the respective owner.
Summary: While rummaging through one of Grandma Claudia's old boxes Liz finds a beautiful necklace. She finds herself being haunted with memories that are not her own. Could this necklace be the key to Max's past? Or is it the key to his future? Takes place mainly in the happenings of this season, but goes back and forth between events.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I'd love feedback. Positive or otherwise... and let me know what I can do to improve or if you just liked it! Thanks!
Liz knocked fiercely on the door in front of her. She looked around, hoping no one was watching. Not that anyone would think it suspicious that she was visiting her friend Kyle, but, who knows. Besides, she almost felt like people could read her mind, so she didn't want to take that chance. She knocked again for the third time and as she walked away the door finally opened.

"Liz?" A groggy Kyle stood rubbing his eyes in confusion.

"Can we talk?" She started to make her way into the house without a proper invitation.

"Sure..." Kyle looked around outside and then closed the door. He told Liz to go to his room and give him about ten minutes. When he was done, he met Liz in the room looking a little more refreshed.

"Ok. Do you know what time it is?" Liz looked at his alarm clock.

"I know. I'm so sorry Kyle. I just... well I really need to talk to someone... to you." She looked a little unsure and nervous. He made himself comfortable. He could tell it'd be a complicated talk.

"Look. I know that it's not even seven o'clock in the morning yet, but I had a dream. And I couldn't take the chance that I'd forget it." Kyle sat up with a little more interest.

"Ok, spill." He crossed his arms on his chest and listened intently on what Liz had to say.

"I was searching through the attic last night. I wasn't tired and was sort of curious of the sort of things I had up there. So I started opening up the boxes with the stuff I got from Grandma Claudia. I hadn't even thought about those boxes since she died two years ago. But I found something... that I can't explain. I don't know why she had it. But there's more. I'm starting to have alien related dreams..." Liz whispered the last part to Kyle and he looked at her trying to follow what she said.

"Umm... let me get this straight. You found something alien related in one of Grandma Claudia's boxes in your attic and it's giving you nightmares?"

"Yea basically." Liz looked at Kyle with a look he hadn't seen in a while. She looked troubled, a bit insecure.

"What exactly did you find?" Liz pulled the necklace from out of her shirt. Kyle saw the heart and reached for it. He looked at the intricate details in the pictures of the Earth and another planet. He examined it carefully and looked on the back.

"Oh... alien writing!" He looked at Liz wide-eyed and she nodded her head in agreement.

"That's not even the sad part. The sad part is I understand what it says." His face shot up with a surprised look.

"You know what it means?"

"It says Zan & Eliza; Bonding Ceremony; For Now, Forever."

"Woah... that's pretty deep." Kyle let the necklace go and Liz sighed loudly.

"I don't know what to do Kyle. Grandma Claudia left me a book. It looks like one of the books she was writing, you know she was an author. The only problem is the book is about Max, Michael, Isabel, and Tess. It's about their life on Antar. It's about their kingship and betrayals..."

"So wait... who's Eliza?" Kyle gazed with true interest in the matter. Liz lowered her head, as if debating whether or not she should tell him. Then she finally looked up at him.

"Would you believe that I think it's me?"

"Ohhhhkkkkk.... well, stuff like that I can't help you with Liz. The only person I could think of would be Isabel. She's the only one who could tell you what to think. She was having psycho dreams about Kivar, and he just showed up at her wedding. So if you can catch a couple of seconds with her, she could tell you a thing or two." Liz got up excitedly and hugged him.

"Thank you! Thank you so much Kyle. I hope I'm not going psycho..." Kyle laughed and eventually she laughed too. But somewhere inside, she was serious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JESSE'S HOUSE:

Liz knocked on the front door. By then it was about eight o'clock in the morning and Liz was desperate to talk to Isabel. But she had to make sure Max wasn't around. She wasn't sure she could tell him quite yet. She knocked one more time and the door flew open to reveal a laughing Isabel. She turned to face the person at the door as Isabel's smile faded.

"Liz?"

"Umm... hey. I'm so sorry I had to just show up like this but we really need to talk." Something about Liz's eyes worried Isabel so she nodded and let her in. Jesse said he had to leave to get breakfast anyway so he gave them a chance to talk. Isabel sat Liz in the dining room and started making coffee. She handed Liz a cup and she sat down with her own cup of tea.

"Ok. What's up? Is everything ok? Is it about my brother?" Liz looked at Isabel with worried eyes and hesitated.

"Liz?" She put down her cup of coffee and leaned in a little closer, putting her raised leg on the floor and getting serious.

"Do you recognize this?" Liz pulled out the necklace from inside her shirt and let Isabel look at it for several seconds.

"I don't believe so, no." Isabel was confused as to what Liz was getting at. Then Liz took off the necklace and handed it to Isabel.

"Take it. Hold it for a couple of minutes." Isabel looked around unsure of what to make of the strange request.

"Ok..." As soon as the necklace fell into her hands, Isabel felt a rush of images fill her brain.

FLASH

"Just leave me alone! I'm an adult, I can do whatever I want!" The ravishing princess walked about angrily and turned to stand face to face with her over-determined brother.

"He's our enemy Lonnie! How can you so simply let him into your life?" His eyes looked at her in astonished horror.

"Look. You don't understand. Nobody understands. I love him..."

"You don't!"

"God, how can you tell me how I feel?" The deep hazel eyes stared into her own deep brown ones.

"I forbid it Vilandra. You won't see him. You won't talk to him. You won't even consider it. And if you do, I'll have you killed for treason." They stared at each other, neither willing to back down.

"You can't be serious. You're just angry because YOU screwed up! Because you broke our sacred pact with the Earth kingship and now you want Eliza and you simply can't have her! That's what it is isn't it?" Zan pulled his hand out of his pocket and tightened it into a fist, not realizing that the necklace had fallen. He raised his hand and pointed a finger at her menacingly.

"I'll expect you at dinner. NO further comments. I'll be in my chambers." He started walking away when she noticed the necklace on the floor and read the inscription in the back. She thought back to when she was about five and remembered that night. The huge ball that had been held in their honor. The huge celebration at the union of the two most prestigious planets in the galaxy. That was the brother she knew and loved. She couldn't for her life figure out what happened.

"Hey." She snapped with the biggest attitude she could afford to play off. He turned around slowly and she threw the necklace at him.

"You dropped it." Before he could say anything else, she walked into her bed chamber. Once she turned to lock the door, she was spun around and was face to face with Kivar who started kissing her passionately. She slowly pulled away and looked at him questioningly.

"How... what... are you doing here?" He looked into her eyes with a sexy glare and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"What... I can't visit?"

"How'd you get passed the city gate... the security?" Vilandra's eyes were opened widely in what almost looked like fear.

"Don't worry about it... just don't worry about it." He said soothingly as he stroked her hair. He held her tightly and kissed her once more.

"We're still on for tonight right?" She looked away for an instant and she looked at him unsure.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea Kivar. My brother is very stressed and frustrated. We've got a visitor here, someone from his past and it's taking a toll on his conscience. Just, maybe another night."

"But we're talking about peace Vilandra. Peace between the rebel fighters and your planet. How much more can it be stalled?" He cradled her in his hands and kissed her passionately.

"Come on..." She sighed in agreement as he kissed her with more urge.

"Fine. Come after nightfall." He let go of her and winked.

"That's my girl. I love you." She stared at him and tried to convincingly look pleased.

"Me too."

END OF FLASH

Isabel dropped the necklace in an instant, looking at it almost repulsively. Her eyes were wide with disbelief and fear as she stared at Liz who didn't look much better.

"You felt it too, didn't you?" Isabel nodded in agreement.

"What... I mean... how...?"

"I don't know. That's why I came to you. I need your help. I don't know what it is or what it means or why I had it. It belonged to my grandmother, and she's passed away now. But it's not the type of thing she would have simply collected. It came with a book. I think you should read it. It's frightening Isabel. I wrote in the following chapter about an hour ago. It was the dream I had last night. It was the following part of the story. And I'm sure if you look carefully, what you just felt or saw weaves right into the next chapter. I don't know why I'm having visions of your past but they're vivid. Very, very vivid." Liz widened her eyes to give Isabel a hint as to what she was talking about. Isabel nodded quickly.

"Oh I know what that's like, trust me." She looked back down at the necklace. She passed her hand over her face and looked at Liz reassuringly.

"Ok. I have an idea. Let's give it one more night. You go home. I'll keep the little... book thingie. If you still have a dream, come to see me immediately tomorrow morning. If this persists. We're going to have to tell Max. Ok?"

"Yea... yea ok." Liz stood up and grabbed the necklace and quickly shoved it into her pocket. She went to walk out, but she turned back and gave Isabel a hug. Isabel held her tight, not used to hugs from friends, but glad she could help. That's when she saw an image of them running and screaming through a large corridor. Isabel held her breath and tensed as Liz let go of her.

"Thank you Isabel."

"No problem." She smiled as real as she could despite her uneasiness. She waited until Liz was out and locked the door. She leaned up against the door at the strange realization.

"Who is this Eliza?"

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.