Fanfic - Max/Liz
"For Then, For Now, Forever"
Part 6
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of it's characters, however I love borrowing them whenever I come up with some insane ideas to write about! OH, and any songs are copyright of the respective owner.
Summary: While rummaging through one of Grandma Claudia's old boxes Liz finds a beautiful necklace. She finds herself being haunted with memories that are not her own. Could this necklace be the key to Max's past? Or is it the key to his future? Takes place mainly in the happenings of this season, but goes back and forth between events.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I'd love feedback. Positive or otherwise... and let me know what I can do to improve or if you just liked it! Thanks!
"So I've been working out my powers, hoping that I'd figure out how to do that whole time warp thing that Kivar did to get back to my planet. I mean, I'm sure it's going to take me a while but maybe I'll find it and get my son back and come back, just like that!" Max was getting excited at the prospect and looked at Liz who was looking off into the lake.

"Liz?"

"Yea?" She snapped out of whatever she was in and looked at Max. He laid down next to her on the deck where they had gone on their 'skinny-dipping turned disaster' date.

"You ok?" He tried to look her in the eyes but she hesitantly looked away.

"Yea, fine." She turned to finally face him with that face of denial and as her big brown eyes looked up at him innocently he kissed her. First softly, then with all his want right there on the deck. It wasn't even ten seconds and he saw an image he couldn't explain. Liz pulled away from the kiss immediately and nervously pulled back the strand of hair on her face. Max sat up, slightly wide mouthed and simply stared at her for a couple of minutes.

"What?" She looked around uncomfortably, feeling exposed.

"What was that?" Max searched her eyes for answers but she simply avoided his glare.

"What was what?" She smiled unconvincingly and Max looked at her confused.

"Liz..." Her face looked up at him, finally showing distress. If she wouldn't tell him, he'd find out himself. He practically jumped on her and kissed her. He kissed her so passionately, she thought they'd go rolling into the river. She tried to concentrate on kissing him back, but as much as she tried to fight it, the images haunted her. He saw them vividly too. The two lovers, furiously loving each other under the darkness of a canopied bed and candles. He felt the intensity. The passion. The secrecy of the circumstance. He pulled away immediately and simply stared at Liz who remained looking pained with her eyes closed.

"I don't understand." Liz rubbed her head and finally looked at Max.

"Please. Don't ask me. I can't tell you what that means right now." She looked into his eyes pleadingly and realized what he was thinking.

"Max... you have to trust me. It's not what you think. You just have to trust me." His eyes looked confused and unsure. More pain was evident than she'd wished, but for right now there was nothing she could say.

"Is there something you have to tell me?" He stood awaiting some sort of explanation.

"Only that I love you, and I think I know what you're thinking and if that's what you think then you have to trust me more Max, because I would never do that to you." Now it was she that tried to glare into his eyes and see his reaction. He looked up at her, his eyes completely pained by a bad memory.

"I lived through a pain like that once Liz... all on account of something you didn't even do. And it led me to do something I'm going to eternally regret. So please... if there's something you have to tell me do it now."

"It's nothing like that Max. I swear. I know how hard that is... remember?" She looked away, feeling a pang of guilt at what she said, but also feeling he deserved it. He needed to trust her. She'd done nothing deserving his distrust.

"You're still holding on to that?" He looked at her, his eyes looking hurt at her words.

"No. I'm sorry. I've just got a lot on my mind. Maybe I'll talk to you later Max." She stood up and started to walk away. Max laid back completely confused, before he got up and into his blue Corvette and drove home. He dragged himself into Michael's apartment and threw himself on the couch. As soon as he reached for the remote control the door slammed open.

"Max... I'm glad you're here. We need to talk." Isabel grabbed the control from his hands and threw it on the coffee table. He looked up at his sister frustrated.

"What is it Iz?" She looked at Max who looked exhausted.

"Are you feeling ok? You look horrible."

"Thank you Isabel."

"No, no. I didn't mean it that way. Well, anyway. I have to ask you a very important question. And I need you to seriously think about it... to think hard." She smiled one of her 'so what do you think' smiles which were normally a sign of trouble.

"Just ask the question."

"You were remembering things from our planet right? You can sit and concentrate and remember things if you focus hard."

"I guess I could... why?" Max shook his head stressed. He was beginning to develop a headache.

"Do you remember an Eliza?"

"Eliza?"

"Yes. Think hard Max please. I really need to know." Max sat for an instant and couldn't possibly connect it to anything he'd ever heard before.

"No... I'm sorry."

"Think harder!"

"What is it you want me to say Isabel!?" She opened her pocketbook and pulled out a small journal sized book.

"What is that?" She handed it to her brother who skimmed through the pages and saw names that gave him shivers.

"This... this is about us?!" She nodded in agreement and then managed to stop on one of the last few pages and point them out to him.

"Read." He started to read through what Isabel herself had added. Then he turned a few pages back and realized Liz's hand writing.

"This is Liz's book?" He could hardly contain the chaos in his head. He read quickly through the pages. Isabel saw familiarity in his eyes and looked at him nervously. He read through Zan and Vilandra's encounter and then her meeting with Kivar. He looked up at her in amazement. And she just stared at him, unsure of his next reaction.

"I remember that day...."

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.