Fanfic - Max/Liz
"For Then, For Now, Forever"
Part 3
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of it's characters, however I love borrowing them whenever I come up with some insane ideas to write about! OH, and any songs are copyright of the respective owner.
Summary: While rummaging through one of Grandma Claudia's old boxes Liz finds a beautiful necklace. She finds herself being haunted with memories that are not her own. Could this necklace be the key to Max's past? Or is it the key to his future? Takes place mainly in the happenings of this season, but goes back and forth between events.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I'd love feedback. Positive or otherwise... and let me know what I can do to improve or if you just liked it! Thanks!
SEPTEMBER 1999

"I'll have a Will Smith Burger and a side order of Saturn Rings."

"Anything to drink?" The waitress with the big brown eyes and dark brown hair looked down at the man in the chair and he was breathless.

"Sure... umm... what have you got?" He stared up at her nervously. He couldn't believe she was actually talking to him. Of course she had to, that was her job, but it was still amazing.

"We've got all the soft drinks in the world and really good shakes."

"Umm... what do you suggest?"

"Alien Encounter."

"Tell me about it."

"What?" His head shot up and then just as quickly he put it down, hoping that he hadn't drawn too much attention to himself. She smiled at him, a beautiful smile, and he just couldn't help but shyly smile back.

"Yea. That's fine."

"Ok." She put her pen and pad in her little alien uniform and started back to the counter. Instead, she turned around and looked at the man for a second.

"You do remember that we have a project in Biology together, right Max?" He looked up at her from the corners of his eyes.

"Yes."

"Ok, great. Stick around, we may get started after I'm done with my shift." He nodded and she walked away, her long brown hair swaying softly from side to side. It looked so soft, and he found himself wondering if it felt that way. He knew it was wrong to think about that. Especially about Elizabeth Parker. She was the most amazing thing to walk the Earth. She was like a princess incarnate. At least for him anyway. Michael came in and sat across from him at their usual booth. They sat talking, about nothing in particular. Or if something, Max didn't notice. He was too busy staring at Liz. His order was brought by Maria, Liz's best friend, and she smiled as she handed it to them. She was pretty, but she wasn't Liz.

For as long as Max could remember he had loved Liz. He had stepped off of the school bus that first day of school in third grade and he had seen her. She had been his guiding light. There were no words to describe how she touched him.

For years, they'd been in classes together, Max just hoping he'd hear her name on the class roster. Then they got to high school. He saw her everywhere. And this year was the best. He had a class with her... and not only that... they were lab partners! As Max involved himself in his thoughts, he saw Liz and Maria go into the back corner of the Crashdown. He quickly lowered his eyes, realizing Maria had caught on to his staring game and had told Liz.

As he tried to focus on Michael, all he heard was screaming and then the gun went off. There really wasn't any time to think. He really didn't have to. All he knew was that it was Liz, and he would not let her die, not if he could do something about it. And that was the day that everything changed. Nothing could ever be the same.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.