FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Twice in a Lifetime"
Part 3
by Sineya
Disclaimer: They’re mine, mine, all mine!I wish, they really belong to those wonderful creators.. All but Seth, who is really all mine. Song and lyrics belong to the lovely and talented Sarah McLachlan
Summary: Buffy’s always been different, so when she was told she was the slayer she was relieved, it answered her question of,"What am I?." Now in a Roswell, NM, she finds her real destiny, and learns that true love can happen twice in a lifetime.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: For all intents and purposes of this story, I’d like those who read this story, to try and pretend that Michael and Angel look exactly the same, using Michael's image. No, I don't think they actually look alike, but for this story I'm gonna pretend.
A half an hour later, the restaurant had emptied out, except for Max and Isabel Evans, and a guy that was sitting with them, she could only see his spiky hair because his back was towards her, he must have come in while she was busy writing, the application had been pretty long considering this was a waitress position.

Liz walked over with her food,"I was waiting so you could finish that,"She gestured to the paper,"I know how long it is."

"Thanks."Smiling she saw Max looking worriedly at Liz and told her,"Maybe you should talk to your boyfriend he looks anxious. Liz glanced back mouthing"What’s wrong." He looked at her, she gave Buffy a hurried good-bye, and rushed over to Max. Buffy looked away sadly, *I’ll never be able to feel that way about anyone else.*

She looked at the food in front of her, and realized she’d forgotten to ask for the Tabasco sauce again. Not wanting to bother Liz, she was about to get up and try to find some, when Maria came out of the kitchen."Hey, Maria, can I have a bottle of Tabasco sauce."Maria looked over at her,"A whole bottle?" She asked, eyebrow raised."Yeah,"Buffy said smiling, she knew how weird she sounded.

All of a sudden she realized that the other table had gone quiet, as Maria retrieved the bottle, she looked up Max, Liz, and Isabel were staring at her weirdly, but the guy with them still hadn’t turned around. She sighed inwardly, *Why does everyone stare at me when I eat, so I like my food spicy and sweet, so what?* But, she wasn’t used to this reaction, silence, just the never ending"Yucks" she had gotten her whole life.

Maria came over and handed her the bottle, and winked, then went over and started cleaning up a table. Buffy opened the bottle, and poured half of it onto her burger, then grabbed her smoothie and poured the other half in. She then proceeded to woof down all of it, just to get away from their eyes. When she looked up, they were still staring, they seemed amazed that she had actually eaten it.

She put $5 on the table, and got up to pay, they were still looking at her, she hated it, she just wanted to blend in, if they knew who she was....They couldn’t. She hated being different, she hated being The Slayer.

She went over to pay Liz and Maria, and they chatted for a few. She turned around, to leave and saw that the other three were leaving too. She saw the spiky-haired guy putting on a leather jacket, *Why does he seem so familiar?* She frowned, *I haven’t met him.*

Then he turned around, and her frown crumbled, the drink she was holding dropped out of her hands, and they slipped limply to her sides.

The others looked at her, they saw her face, Liz came up to her and asked her what was wrong, Maria grabbed her arm, Max and Isabel just stared at her closely and worriedly.

Buffy heard none of it, she felt the air flow out of her body, she felt her voice stop,

She felt her heart stop beating.

Because, standing right in front of her,

was Angel.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.