FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Duplicity"
Part 8
by Sineya
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Summary: (Liz takes Tess’ place as the fourth alien.) If the other three Roswellians are her true family, then why is she so different? When duplicated versions of Michael, Max, and Isabel end up in Roswell years later, Liz’s questions are answered.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: I started this story a long time ago, but never finished. Then I read DM’’s, The Secret of Zan, and got inspired. I'd also like to state, I love Max beyond a shadow of a doubt, but Zan...ooooooh.
Liz stood up, walking closer to Zan."’S like this-"She held up her hand.

"We wasn’t supposed to be stuck together."

Ellis stood and moved next to Liz, copying her motions perfectly."Back home they didn’t have enough of our.."She stared at her sister,"Essence?"

Liz nodded,"Yeah–we was supposed to be like you’s."She pointed to Max and Zan."But thegrand pompou-ya motha-didn’t have enough for two bodies."

"So she stuck us in one."Ellie added."I mean she couldn’t have Fed Ex’d my body after sending down Liz’s or something.."

"But we’re different." She grabbed Ellie’s hand, and a purple light emanated from their intertwined fingers."We sisters."They pulled their hands apart, and the glowing stopped instantly.

Ellie nodded."Yes, unlike you guys, we’ve been together for years."She sighed."I’ve just been dormant ‘cause of Liz’s dominant personality."

"Can I help it if I’m more powerful, yo?"

"Yes."Ellie answered."Anyway, the only way we could be separated was when Liz finally met her destined mate."

"I’s supposed to meet him years ago, but he neva came."She glared at Zan. "I’s stuck here with these cornballs for years."She looked at them and snickered, but quickly sobered when she saw Michael grimace.

"Yo, I didn’t mean you Mikey."She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist."You the only one who been real with me."

"Hey, sis get your hands off my brother!"Ellie shouted, a smile in her voice.

"He ain’t jus’ yours."She shouted back, and pulled away."You want me to be stuck with only that wack job for family?!"She pointed her finger at Rath, who was laughing loudly at her comment. This was definitely the Eilis he remembered.

She stared at Max and Isabel,"I can’t say I’s sorry to you’s, ‘cause all you done is treat me like shit for somethin’ I had to do."Their mouths opened to speak then closed quickly when she held up her hand.

"Liz..."Her sister warned, pain leaking into her voice.

"I’m cool, I’m cool."She sighed, and looked up at them."But ya gotta know that me and El we ain’t the same, she ain’t a killer, or a thief, she ain’t nothin’ like me."

"I’m sorr-"Max started.

"No, no apologizin’, we ain’t never gonna see each other after today." Liz said, glancing over at her sisters silent form."I’m goin’ back to New York with my mate and crew for the Summit."

Cries of dismay bubbled up throughout the room from the Roswellians.

"Chill, chill."She reached over and hugged her twin."You get this dork instead."

"Hey!"Ellie grouched as Liz gave her a noogie, messing up her flawless hair.

She pulled away and moved over to stand next to Zan, Rath, and Lonnie. She reached for Rath’s hand and squeezed it tightly, for some reason his presence was now comforting her.*Maybe it’s because we’re family.*

"This my true family."She gestured to the Dupes."This where I belong."

Ellie ran up to her and embraced her tightly, everyone gasped when the two became translucently purple.

Laughter.Sigh.

They pulled away from each other, sadness blazing around them.

"So, you’s got any questions?" Liz looked around the room, stopping at each face.

Maria stood, "I’d really like to know why you’re talking like that?" She looked confused.

Everyone turned towards Liz, awaiting her answer. They really were curious.

"We was built, not born."She thumbed her nose."I’s supposed to grow up in New York with these fools, and ‘fore we were sent they programmed everythin’ we needed to know in here." She said, pointing to her head.

Everyone nodded.

Liz gave them a small smile, and turned towards Zan.

"Wanna go scratch that itch now?" She smirked up at him, and got an answering expression in return.

"Yo, let’s do that."He reached for her hand, and snickered when a spark shot out hitting Rath’s forearm.

"Dammit, why the Hell you always do that to me?"

Hysterical laughter was heard as Zan and Liz exited the cave alone, intent on finding someplace to get down and dirty.

They didn’t go far.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.