FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Duplicity"
Part 7b
by Sineya
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Summary: (Liz takes Tess’ place as the fourth alien.) If the other three Roswellians are her true family, then why is she so different? When duplicated versions of Michael, Max, and Isabel end up in Roswell years later, Liz’s questions are answered.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: I started this story a long time ago, but never finished. Then I read DM’’s, The Secret of Zan, and got inspired. I'd also like to state, I love Max beyond a shadow of a doubt, but Zan...ooooooh.
The Dupes were waiting outside.

They ran down the stairs, and pulled open the Guerin’s front door, and the Dupes were waiting for them.

Zan, Lonnie, and Rath stood on the front lawn, arms crossed, and mouths curved.

Smirking evilly.

Then Michael walked forward holding Liz.

The smirks disappeared.

Zan howled.

"What the fuck!"He stomped over to her unconscious form in Michael’s arms, and tried to pull her from him.

"Don’t touch my sister."Michael’s voice was filled with hatred and pain. He was on near his breaking point, if Zan had done this.....

Rath and Lonnie strode over, standing next to Zan.

"Yo, she’s my Goddamn sister–not your’s!"They tried once more to detatch Liz from his arms, but she seemed glued to him.

Michael tried to move forward, but they were like formed a wall in front of him.

"Get the Hell out of my way."Michael said, eyes flashing dangerously."I swear, if you guys did this too her–"

"We didn’t do squat!"Zan cut in."I’d never hurt her."He looked down at her unmoving body, reaching out to stroke her hair."Never."

Michael nodded,"Fine, then let us pass–we need to help her."

"How you gonna do that?"Lannie asked.

"You don’t need to know how, you just need to let us go."He tried yet again to move forward, but still they stood.

They all started arguing, yelling and shouting at each other.

And Liz woke up.

And they didn’t notice.

At least, they didn’t until she jumped up out of Michael’s arms and ran straight into Zan’s.

He grabbed her struggling form, pulling her head up to look at him. Unknowingly mimicking Max’s actions back in Michael’s room.

He gasped when he saw her eyes.

"Baby, what’s wrong?" She kept wiggling, trying to get away from him.

She stared up at him, into his worried gaze, and stilled. He ran a hand through her hair, and she buried her face in his chest, eyes clearing slowly.

"Let them take me, Zan."She looked up at him, whispering weakly.."They’re the only ones who can help."

"Why–what happened?"He stared down at her.

"Need Granolith."Her eyes were closed as she brokenly coughed out the words.

Lannie’s eyes were incredulous as she glanced over at Max."You guys got the Granolith?"

"Yes, it was entrusted to us."

Zan looked at his cornball counterpart."Bring us to it."

"No, we take only Liz." Max said, his voice had a steel-like quality to it.

Liz stepped back, falling instantly."Take them too."She whispered to Max, before she was pulled back out of consciousness.

Everyone stared down at her fallen form, her last words echoing throughout eight minds.

Then eight bodies walked to their vehicles, and got in.

All speeding to the same destination.

******************************************************************************

They stood, eight teenagers, in front of a big rock.

A big rock that hid the Granolith.

Max placed his hand against the side, the area glowed, forming the shape of his hand.

Then the rock opened up, and a cave was revealed.

Everyone treaded silently as they walked into the Pod Chamber, staying quiet until they entered the room where the Granolith was stored.

The three New York aliens were fascinated by the cone-shaped objet.

Their eyes were filled with reverence as they gazed upon it, a sort of awe glowing within’.

They seemed to be the only ones affected by it.

Michael, Isabel, and Max remembered the way Liz had looked when she had first seen it.

They had the same look about them.

Michael placed Liz on the floor cautiously, and placed a hand on top of her head to wake her.

"It’s so beautiful."Rath said, the words seemingly out of place coming from him.

Liz’s eyes blinked open at his words, and she looked up at Lannie.

"You have the purple crystal?"She asked. The blonde princess stared at her uncomprehending for a moment and then nodded slowly.

"Yeah, we got it."She walked over to her brother, and unzipped a side pocket on his backpack, pulling out a pointed Purple crystal.

The Eilis Crystal.

The only thing that could help Liz.

"Give it to me." Lannie handed it to her, and when it touched Liz’s skin it glowed brightly.

It was finally home.

Liz felt strength flowing into her, healing her body.

If not her mind.

Everyone but the Dupes watched in amazement as she stood and grinned.

"Now why didn’t I think of this before we got here?"She smiled seductively at Zan.

"Hey baby."He smirked at her, and started walking towards her.

She felt her body convulse, and her head snapped towards Max. She could feel her face smile sweetly at him as she spoke.

"Hi Max."Her body curved invitingly towards him.

Then she shook her head, watching as Zan tensed, an angry expression gracing his face.

"What the fuck Ellie?"Her childhood nickname sprang from his lips as he shouted at her."Why you starin’ at that cornball like that?"

She stared up at the Granolith, and became silent, her face pensive. Then she looked around at everyone and told them calmly to-

"Get the Hell out."

Needless to say they needed a little persuasion, especially Zan and Michael, to leave.

But leave they did.

After she threatened their very existence that is.

"Okay, get ready."She said to the empty room, trying to reassure herself that she wasn’t insane.

That this would work.

She held her crystal, and stared at it. It seemed to hum as she moved closer to the huge cone in the center of the room. She gently placed the object into a hole on the bottom of the Granolith.

Her eyes were wide as a purple light started emitting from it, filling the room.

She reached out her hands towards the deepest glow.

The minute she touched the pulsing object, she felt a torturous pain run throughout her body.

She felt as if her limbs were being ripped apart.

Then all was black.

******************************************************************************

Liz woke abruptly minutes later to a pounding coming from outside the room.

Her eyes opened slowly, and she stared down at herself.

She was naked.

Her entire body was sore, and she had a piercing headache. She just wanted to get her clothes and get out.

So where in the hell were they?

She glanced around the room, searching for her trademark black leather.

She could still feel all her piercings, and her tattoos were untouched.

But her clothes were nowhere to be seen.

Then the Granolith started to hum again, and she looked up at it.

Something seemed to be merging from the center.

It fell to the floor.

She leaned over picking it up.

It was a dress.

Wait, no two dresses.

They were beautiful.

One black, one white.

Both made of a silky smooth, flowing material. They were long, ankle-length and had iridescent patterns embroidered into them. The black one seemed to cling to her body, almost as if alive.

She reached for that one, pulling it over her head.

It clung to her curves like a lover. Caressing every inch of her skin, she shuddered at the feel of it against her.

Then she heard a groan.

A familiar groan.

"Where in the Hell’s the Mac truck?" Why did that voice sound familiar.

She walked over to the other side of the Granolith, and peered over the edge.

Her naked twin was laying on the floor.

She threw the white dress into her hands.

"Her Eillie."She grinned at her Duplicate.

"Hey Liz."

They smiled at each other.

They were finally apart.

She laughed as Ellie stood shakily, taking her first steps in her new body.

She pulled on the dress and preened at Liz.

"So how do I look?"

"Pretty hot."

"So do you."

"Well, we are identical."

"Nope, I don’t have all those uh... piercings and tattoos."She pointed out every single one and giggled when Liz stuck her pierced tongue out Ellie.

"Yeah, you’re right–I look much better than you."Liz grinned at Ellie.

"Uh uh, yeah right."

They were talking and laughing when the others entered the room.

The two looked at their respective loves and smiled.

"Hey baby."

"Hi Max."

They spoke simultaneously, then laughed at everyone's bemused faces.

"Guess we should explain."

"Maybe you should sit down."

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.