Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Who Will Save Your Soul"
Part 20
by Hero of the Day
Disclaimer: Everyone belongs to the WB, except Gaven who will come in later.
Summary: Michael is leaving Maria for Isabel but for a reason he can't explain and only time will make Michael stronger as he searches for what Isabel gave up to save the group.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: R
Michael sank into his chair and closed his eyes. Sitting in a class doing nothing but answer meaningless questions was not his way of making up time lost from school. He opened his eyes again and looked at the clock. 20 more minutes until he could get home to see how Maria was doing. It had been a week since Rath abducted his daughter and left with her. He just kept telling himself it was better this way. Isabel did the same. Michael secertly waved his hand over the test and handed it in. "Just a minute Mr.Guerin..." his professor said taking the test, "I'll run this into the scan-tron and we'll see if you get the uniform and badge today or if you have to come back for yet, another semister." he smiled and left the room. "another semister my ass!" he said under his breathe. He really didn't care. He just wanted to get home to Maria. Maria opened her eyes and looked around. She looked at the sleeping body to her left and gasped. She was in Michael's bed but that person was clearly NOT Michael! "Oh my god!" she said, "What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be on that side of the bed!" Hitting the muscular body next to her. Next to Maria, Max fell off the bed and woke up. "Your up!" he shouted. Maria felt the bumps and brusis on her body and felt the cuts on her face. "Oh my god..." she whispered, "...what happened to me?" Maria got up to go to look in the bathroom mirror and fell in to Max's arms. "Balance off?" he joked. "It's okay! Maria...it's okay. Take it easy." he helped her sit on the foot of the bed. "Michael is comming home when he is done taking his exam okay? He should be home soon. Are you okay?" Maria just sat on the bed shaking like a leaf. Max waved his hand over her body and the brusis from her body faded and the cuts on her face vanished. She quickly stopped shaking. "Where's Ashley?" she asked. "Rath took her....away. And Lonnie is dead...Rath shot her. The past week we have all just been moving on...trying to act like nothing has happened you should do the same. Hungry?" Maria just looked at the ground. "a little." she answered. "I'm getting in the shower." As Maria opened the door of the bedroom there was a sound from the kitchen that sounded a little alarming. "You stay here." Max instructed her. Maria sat on the bed as Max went out to the kitchen. He picked up a baseball bat on the way. It wasn't like he really needed it but he took it just to be sure. He found it odd that Michael had a baseball bat in "his" apartment. For as long as Max has known him, he was always a hockey type of guy. Max entered the kitchen and found Michael on the floor. "What the hell are you doing Michael?" Max asked dropping the bat. "Tripped on the chair and didn't bother getting up." he reached into this pocket, "I graduated...." he pulled out a badge, "I got my badge!" Max helpped him up and gave him a hug, "See...was it that hard?" he said with a smile. "I'm Michael...I make every task a pain in the ass! How's Maria?" "Why dont' you aske her?" Mihcael ran to their room and swung the door open. He saw Maria sitting on the bed. She stood to meet him and he gave her a hug. "Didn't think you were going to wake up." he said. "but I did." she said with a smile. Max came into the room, "Maria how do eggs sound?" "good." she replied, "I'm going to get into the shower." she walked past the guys, grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom. Max cracked two eggs and put them into a pan. "Hey man, throw in some toast!" Michael said sitting behind the counter. "Were you knocked out a week ago? Were you just in a coma? Did you just wake up from that coma? NO! Put in your own god damn toast!" he joked. Michael wadded up a piece of paper and hit Max in the head with it. "Excuse me?" he asked. Max turned around and flicked water at Michael, "I didn't studder!" Michael grabbed a tennis ball and threw it at Max. Max turned around to throw it back when he saw Maria. He put his hands behind his back to hide the ball from Maria and Michael bust out laughing. Max put the ball on the counter. "Eggs are done." he said putting them on a plate. He put the plate on the counter for Maria and she sat down. She pulled the towel tighter around her when she sat. Max put the dirty dishes in the sink and grabbed the tennis ball and whipped it at Michael. They ran to the living room where they began to wrestle. Maria herd something tip over and she ran to the living room. There she saw Max holding Michael in a head lock. "Hey babe!" Michael chocked. "Hi..." Maria chuckled back. Max released Michael from his head lock and got up. "I would stay around to whip your ass but I have to get to class to finish out the rest of my make up time on the training field." Max said helping Michael up. "And hopefully I'll have my badge by next month." Max grabbed his leather jacket, "You guys going to Liz's for the Christmas Party?" "Ya.." Michael said with the I-didn't-forget-the-party-look on his face. He gave a fake smile. Max walked out of the apartment and headed to class.
Part 19 | Index | Part 21
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.