FanFic - Unconventional Couples
"Crossed Wires"
Part 7
by Pinaypoet
Disclaimer: Don’t own anything having to do with Roswell...the lucky Melinda Metz and Jason Katims do though....
Summary: In the aftermath of Destiny, Max and Maria find solace and love in the last place they expected to
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Later that night, when Maria got home, she went up to her room. She was still in shock over everything that had transpired that night. She was physically and mentally exhausted. She just wanted to go to bed and forget everything that had happened. She walked into the her dark room and found a solitary figure sitting in the corner. She didn’t have to turn on the lights to know who it was.

“Max, what are you doing here?”

“Look Maria, I’m sorry about what happened tonight.” He got up and started walking towards her. “But I think we both learned something from it.”

Maria slowly walked to her window and sat down, “I know. I know what you’re going to say.”

“You know that we can’t do this.” He sat behind her rubbing her shoulders.

“You and I are two of a kind.” he laughed bittersweetly.

“We can sacrafice everything for everyone else, but when it comes time to make ourselves happy, we don’t have anything left.” He was about to get up when Maria grabbed his hand and leaned back into him.

“Don’t Max. Don’t try to rationalize why we can’t be together.” She could feel the tears beginning to well up.

They knew there was nothing more either of them could say.

So without another word both of them looked at each other, reading in each other’s eyes what had to be done. With one final embrace they knew everything. There was too much at stake, too many people’s feelings involved. They knew they could never be together, no matter how much they wanted to be. Not now, not with everything the way it was. But each held the hope in their hearts that someday it would be the right time. Maybe fate would get it right the next time and not cross those wires the wrong way again.

Part 6 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.