FanFic - Other
"You Can Still Be Free"
"Try and Breathe"
Part 3
by Mellissa
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Evan POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
I'm sitting in my room. My hand keeps gravitating towards the phone. I want to call my best friend Luke Mackey, but I can't tell him anything. Except that Noelle's pregnant. But he'd never understand why this is so weird. Because he doesn't know.

How am I supposed to deal with this? My parents already think I'm sexually active. I keep telling them no, it's not true, but I know they don't believe me. I really wouldn't believe me. In the past six months, I've basically been a horrible pain in the ass.

Noelle can't be pregnant. I mean, this is just so unfair. In a few months, we're graduating from high school. We'll never see each other again. So how is that she's pregnant? It was only once. And we were drunk. God, what am I going to do? My entire family is going to freak on me, I just know it. Em's gonna rip my head off, my parents are going to snap, Aunt Izzy and all them are going to lecture me.

And, there's Noelle. How do I tell her that this pregnancy is so far from normal? I mean, she has no idea. She doesn't have the slightest clue that I'm what I am. It'd be selfish to bring her into this.

I'm beginning to think I might not have a choice.

The door to my room slams open, and my sister comes barging in. Emily's home obviously, and upset.

"Yo, Em," I say, standing. She just slams the door behind her.

"Evan, you will not believe what Mom and Dad have neglected to tell me!" she cries.

"All right, I'll bite. What's up?" I ask.

"Apparently, I had a twin brother who died at birth!" Emily shouts. Why do I get this feeling that today falls in the category of a parallel universe?

"Um, Emily. Don't take this the wrong way or anything but are you on drugs?"

"Evan, listen to me. I am straight and sober, by the way. Aunt Liz told me that I had a twin that died at birth. His name was Alexander Michael," Emily replies. I sort of have to believe her. I mean, she is the only sane Guerin.

"All right, all right. I believe you. So, what's the problem?" I ask.

"They never told me."

"How would you have liked to be told?" I'm surprising myself here. Thinking rationally, and all that. Must be shock.

Before Emily can continue, Tegan rushes in. Is my room Grand Central Station or something?

"I hate being an alien," she says dramatically. The previous crisis forgotten, Emily looks me at for an explanation. I just shrug my shoulders. I have no idea what goes on with Tegan sometimes.

"I mean, our powers aren't really that good, and Daddy won't let us use them very much. What's the point of being an alien if you don't get something out of it? And then there's that stupid rule about not getting close to someone unless you can trust them. I mean, do we live in the stone age?" Tegan was working herself into the rage of a century.

"What kicked this tantrum off?" Em asks. Tegan glares at her.

"I mentioned to Daddy I have a date with Freddie Jacks, and he flipped. He made me cancel that date that second! I mean, ugh!" Tegan shrieks, flopping on my bed.

I've have it for the day. Tegan's a riot to watch sometimes, but I'd rather be alone right now.

So, like any typical brother, I manually shove my sisters out and lock the door. And meld it shut.

I can always fix it later.

Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.