FanFic - Other
"Trials"
Part 2
by Sage
Disclaimer: No characters are mine
Summary: Maria finds out something about her past that her mother and father never told her.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Okay, sorry about the first couple of parts, how they were so, um, informative about the Salem Witch Trials. Here is where the plot starts to thicken!!! I love comments to pieces. Criticism is always welcome!! It tells me what I'm doing wrong and what people don't like so please!!!!
"What is the matter with me??" I asked myself as I looked into one of the books that I had gotten from the bookshelf at the public library.

I don't understand why I'm so interested in these confounded Salem Witch Trials. It's not only the trials though, it's everything about witches!!! I mean, I've been watching Charmed lately. When that show came on, Liz and I use to criticize it about the bad dialogue (Not really, I love the TV series on the WB along with all the rest, it's just that this is the only witch one so I had to use it.)

"Oh no, it's seven o'clock!!!!!!!!!!" I said a little louder than I intended too.

"Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhh," hissed the librarian.

"Sorry," I said as I held my hands up and started walking to the door.

As I walked out, I noticed a strange man looking at me through the window of the library. He was just standing there, in the rain.

"Freakiness man," I said as I ran to my car.

***********************

"Mom, I'm home," I said as I walked in the door dripping with rain.

"Hi baby, I hope you don't mind, but we have a guest," she said.

I walked in the kitchen with a smile ready on my face. I was already extending my hand to greet our house guest.

"Hello," I said as I looked up and saw the face of a man that I hadn't seen in so many years.

My breath knocked out of me. I clutched my chest and gasped for breathe. He had finally come to take me away to paradise. I always knew there was a better place for me than Roswell, New Mexico. This was what I thought, but what I said was completely different.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked looking up into the face that I only saw in my dreams and my mothers pictures.

"Is that all I get after ten years???" He questioned.

"Yes, it's all I'm willing to give. What did you expect?? A big hug and an 'I'm sooo glad too see you Dad and by the way, how is that whore of secretary that you left mom for?? Are you still with her'. I don't think so!!!" I said as my voice pitched an octave higher.

"Maria!!!!!" exclaimed her mother as she desperately tried to grab for my arm.

I looked at my father and saw the hurt in his eyes.

"So, how is Meredith??" I said. "Oh, wait, you wouldn't know would you?? After all, she was, what do you call that again??? A whore??? You know, I never asked, but how much was she?? Was she worth it??" I said on the verge of tears.

I turned the other way and ran out the door. In the background I hear my mother screaming for me to come back. I turned around to look at her and I saw my father, run outside, stand in the ran and yell, "She wasn't worth losing you, I see my mistake, and I'm sorry. Will you give me another chance?? I'm begging you to give me another chance!!!"

I stood their in the rain, in the middle of the street, looking into his eyes from far away.

"How many chances are you going to need?? I only have so many to give ya know. I've given so many away I don't know if I have enough to give to someone how just withheld contact from for ten years and then barges back into my life expecting my to have my arms spread wide open in a warm welcome!!!!??????" I yelled back.

The rain was coming down so hard that if I didn't yell I wouldn't be heard. I felt the rain coming into my mouth as I spoke. I felt it streaming down my back, my shirt clinging along with my pants.

"I know, I shouldn't have expected that, and I regret expecting it. I'm so sorry Maria. I came back because I, we, your mother and I need to tell you something about your grandmother, my mother, that we didn't tell you when I was still around," he yelled.

The whole point of what he said seemed to wash out of my head and I immediately expected what wasn't suppose to be expected.

"so, are you saying that if it was for that thing that you needed to tell me then you wouldn't have come at all????" I yelled louder than was needed.

"No, that's not what I meant," He started to explain.

"You know, this isn't allowed!!!!! You can't just one night, leave, and then ten years later come back and expect to be involved in my life and tell me something about a grandmother that I barely knew. It's against the law!!!" I said not knowing what the hell I was talking about.

I turned and ran, not having a clue where I was going!!! I realized that I was running away, not only from my dad, but from my mom, and every other person in my life that was going to be asking a numerous amount of questions. I could just hear it now Maria, what happened?, Maria, are you okay?? I stopped.

"What is the hell a matter with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????" I yelled screaming at the top of my lungs with my arms spread out wide above me and I started twirling around screaming that very same question until I saw a jeep coming towards me.

"Maria is that you??" I heard Max yell out of his window.

"And it finally starts," I said to myself.

I felt lost. The anxiety and fear and dread was just starting to swamp me. The shock of seeing my dad, standing right in front of me, ready to hug me. It all hit me. I lifted my head and looked at Max.

"What's wrong with me???" I asked him.

I barely noticed the fact that Isabel, Michael, and Tess were in the jeep with him.

"What?? Nothings wrong with you," he said confused.

He got out of the car.

"People run away from me and then come back, expecting for me to understand why they had to leave," I said referring to Michael and my dad.

I think Max finally noticed that I was going, already, in hysterics. He extended his arms out to help me, grabbing me by my waist and trying very gently to pull me to the car.

"Don't take me home!!!!!" I said as black came to my vision.

I fell in to a big whole, a big black whole, where at the end was everything that I wanted out of life to happen to me. Where everything was happily ever after. Where there was never good-byes and only love. As I fell into my black whole I heard someone, or something say, sounding vaguely familiar, from a movie maybe saying "Remember Maria, I love you now, and I'll love you forever, there are no good-byes only love," I couldn't help but notice that the voice sounded so much like my dad's.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.