FanFic - Other
"The Baby Nexus"
Part 7
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters are THE WB'S.
Summary: Combines the already running theme from Tess to TESS and Treasures Found (Crashdown Fanfics.) Liz and Max are anxious about a Physical exam Mrs. Parker is adamant Liz takes Birth Control.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"All the plumbing's in the right place and operational." She smiles and leans her forehead against his.

Max pulls back a little and his face becomes serious, "Liz, you do realize that this isn't just about procreation."

Liz cocks her head to the side and looks a little confused. "Well, my mother's reasoning was that we wouldn't procreate and become teenage statistics, but I thought that we," she points to herself and then to him, "wanted to know."

Max stiffens and turns to face forward in his seat. Without looking at her he says, "Liz, I just wanted to make sure that your connection with me hasn't changed you physically or that our lovemaking will hurt you in any way."

"Max, look at me." Her voice a soft plea to his heart.

Max takes a deep breath before turning to face her, his emotions masked by his need to be in control.

"Don't you want to have children some day?" She watches him hoping to catch a reaction that will give her the answer that she wants. But, at the same time she's fearful of the answer that he feels he has to give.

"To be honest, I've never thought about it." He shrugs his shoulders and turns away from her again.

Liz inches closer to him cups his face with her hand and turns his face to her before laying a gentle kiss on his sensuous lips. "I know that we're young and it's to early to talk about marriage and then there's the different species thing. But I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and for me that includes marriage and children."

Max's nose flares before he practically bellows, "I've just found out that I'm the leader of a race that was more or less annihilated under my leadership. Yet, I'm expected to take the leadership reams again and combat that same enemy that now threatens earth."

Liz looks around the parking lot to make sure no one is within hearing distance. She rubs her small hand up and down his arm to calm him. "Ssh, sweetheart it's okay."

"Nothing will ever be okay as long as I am honor bound to avenge my planet and obligated to protect this one. You've chosen to be with me knowing what probably lies ahead.

Even if it were possible for us to have a child, I would never bring a child into this world or any world knowing the devastation that my planet suffered by the hand of my enemy. Until I am certain that threat is eliminated, no I don't want to have children."

He pulls away from her and starts the Jeep and pulls out of the parking lot.

She wants to remind him of the vision that she and Michael had at Chaco Canyon of Max and her with a child but she feels that now is not the best time.

Max is very quiet on the ride to The Crashdown to drop Liz off. He has just enough time to make it home in time for dinner with the family before he and Isabel head to Sondra's for their physicals.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.