FanFic - Other
"Survivors"
Part 8
by Gwen
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, I wish I did, but I don't, everything belongs to the WB.
Summary: A follow up to my story The Light. Takes place 10 years from the end of their senior year. Maria remembers everything that happened in their senior year and reflects on it.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: There are some holes in the story, I know, but all my stories interconnect, so don't worry about that. Please respond to my story, its kind of annoying when you write something, and no one writes anything back about it. Enjoy!
"Maria's missing!" Kyle yelled running into the Crashdown.

"What?" Michael demanded darting off of his feet. He ran for his coat and yanked it on. "Let's go find her!"

"Whoa, slow down John Wayne, okay? We don't have a clue where she is, or where she might have gone, how on Earth could we find her?" Jim demanded. "I want to find her just as much as you do, but we need to know the facts first."

"He's right," Max said calmly.

"Damn it Max!" Michael yelled. "The girl, I love is MIA, okay, she was fine a few minutes ago, and now she is gone, how the hell can you be so calm?" he demanded.

"Someone has to," Max snapped.

"Stop," Liz warned. She stepped in between the two. "This isn't going to help anything at all, okay? If we are going to find Maria, we have put aside our differences, and actually figure something out," she said and Michael and Max stepped away. "Okay, so what do we do now?" she questioned.

"Alex is missing too, his parents said he never came home," Isabel said looking around the Crashdown. "Why would they take them, there harmless, they don't know anything, they've never seen the granolith, they've never know anything about anything, what could Maria and Alex do?" she asked tears welling up in her eyes.

Tess glanced over at Michael, her eyes were wide and her mouth gaping open just a little. "Oh shit," she said. "Maria has lots," she said staring at him. "The life?" she said to a clueless Michael.

"Oh my god!" Michael yelled punching his fist on the tabletop. "I can't believe this!"

"What? What does Maria have?" Isabel asked.

"I showed her the granolith, she knows where it is, they could get inside her memories," Michael said.

"Oh that was smart, showing her the granolith!" Kyle yelled sarcastically.

"Guys we're doing it again!" Tess yelled. "We have to calm down, does Alex know anything, that he could die for?" she asked.

"No, we left him out of the loop," Isabel said. "Which I am starting to be grateful for," she sighed.

"Okay so does Maria have anything else, besides the location of the granolith?" Kyle asked.

Tess and Michael looked into each other's eyes and sighed loudly. "No," they lied. "Nothing."

"Okay," Jim said, slowly placing who knew, and who didn't together. "We have to think, who would want two teenagers?"

Maria's eyes slowly opened. They only went half way, and when they did, she wished they didn't. Her hands were numb, and her head ached, and she was overwhelmed, with tiredness. She had to fight to keep her eyes open, her body was in so much pain. She just wanted to crawl someplace, and sleep for a million years. With her faded eye site, she looked down at her stomach praying it was all right. It appeared to be normal, and fine. Maria let out a sigh and tried to break off what was ever causing the pain to her arms.

"Miss DeLuca, glad you could join us," a familiar voice said, but she couldn't make it out. It seemed so faint.

"Why, do you want me?" she asked, gasping between each letter.

It laughed. "Shall I go, and tell them where she is? Or at least help them?" it asked.

Maria watched it turn backwards, and something else came forward. And that laughed. "Of course, by the time they figure it out, she'll be dead," he said laughing.

"I've been living with Kyle for the past year and a half, you wouldn't believe what I can put up with," Maria muttered. "Leave us," the other one said to it. "I'll find everything I need to know out of her."

"Okay, why on Earth would they want Maria?" Isabel asked. "Who would know where to find her?"

"Wait!" Tess yelled. She began pushing her hands around in her pockets.

"What are you doing?" Jim asked.

"These are Maria's jeans," she said not looking up from her pockets.

"So?" Kyle asked.

"Oh, she gave me a note earlier!" Michael yelled. He began pushing his hands into his pockets.

"What is up with you two?" Max asked. "And Maria, I mean you three, are acting really weird."

"Not really," Michael said glaring at him.

"Don't fight!" Liz snapped.

"Ha!" Tess screamed. She pulled a small piece of paper out of her pocket. She read it and squealed. "This is it! I found it! I've got it!" she yelled and began jumping up and down, Michael grabbed her arms and jumped up and down with her.

"You did it!" he yelled.

"Did what?" Isabel asked.

Max snatched the paper. "The Alien Chateau, suite 212, what is this?"

"It's an address, you guys stay here, we have to talk to this guy," Tess said and she and Michael started to go out the door. Jim grabbed her hand.

"You'll need me, so will Maria, I'm coming, I know things," Jim said staring Michael in the eye.

"Right, no time left," Michael, said and the three left the Crashdown.

Maria looked around for something she could use. "Wait," she whispered aloud. "If Isabel can dream walk, maybe I can do it in reverse."

"What was that?" the voice asked.

"Nothing," Maria gasped. "Why do you want me? I'd sooner die than betray them," she whispered. "I'm not even one of them."

The voice laughed. "I know that's not true. I know what your thinking, I know everything about you, and I know Nicholas made a mistake," it said. It was a he, Maria could figure that much, with her fading vision and hearing.

"Mistake?"

"Yes, perhaps at one time, there was and is a Vilandra, in "Isabel". But now, I see, her essence, her soul, her everything, is in you. You are the one, who is going to help me, because you are Vilandra. You are her, you are everything, to me," he whispered.

"I would never betray, Max, and Tess, and Isabel, and Michael," she said panting harder and harder with each word.

He laughed again. "Rath, always falls for her, every time, he loves her, but I can see it in you, you aren't sure," he said.

Maria closed her eyes, but tried to fight going to sleep, and concentrated on Isabel, on her being, and her mind.

"Maid service!" Tess yelled. "Jim, it's much easier than breaking and entering."

There was a click, and the door swung open. A tall blond haired man answered the door. "You aren't maids."

"Good Sherlock!" Michael snapped. "Thanks for inviting us in," he said pushing his way through. Jim and Tess followed.

"Who are you?" the man demanded.

"I'm Michael, or Rath, this is Tess or Ava, and this is the sheriff in Roswell. We have a lot of connections in this town," Michael snapped. "Now, where's Maria?"

"I would assume, at home, with her mother," the man said.

"Wrong answer, the correct answer would be, who's Maria?" Tess said glaring at him. "Now, I know who you are, Andy, now tell me, how the hell to find her, or you are going to know your own personal hell."

"She's missing?" Andrew demanded. "When?"

"And Alex," Jim said.

"That scrawny kid, she was friends with, geez, how many people did you tell?" he asked.

"Skip the whole were bad at being covert, and tell us how to find her!" Jim yelled.

"Can we please," Andrew began.

"Skip the Liz, lets be calm, stuff!" Michael yelled. "We are going to find her, right now, and if you don't, I'm going to rip off your head and feed it to fish!"

"Big talk," he snapped.

"I'm there for her, if don't want to help your daughter, the girl you helped create, fine, but keep in mind, who she calls dad," Tess hissed.

Andrew pulled a black coat off of a hook. "Let's go, you'll need the rest of the royal four," he said.

"I'm not sitting here waiting any longer!" Kyle yelled. "Let's go look around town!" he said.

"Yeah," Isabel said. She nodded. "Can I get some aspirin?" she asked and then collapsed back on her chair. She looked around after sitting up. It was a where house with music in the background there were loud voices. She saw Maria sitting in a chair her hands chained up and her eyes closed. "Help me," she heard Maria whisper.

"Isabel are you okay?" Max asked.

"It's Maria, she like sent me a message," Isabel said. "She's in some place with voices and music in the background, hey it's something!"

"Right," Liz said. "Music, and voices?"

"She's at the back of the new performance space!" Tess yelled blurted jumping in.

"How do you know?" Kyle asked.

"A friend, sort of!" Michael snapped glaring at the man behind him.

"Isn't this the café the Parkers own?" he asked.

"Yes," Liz said. "I'm Liz."

"Okay!" Jim yelled. "Let's go get her, and keep her alive to see tomorrow!" he yelled.

"Traitor?" Maria whispered. "I'm not a traitor, I'm a good person."

"No, you are a person on the wrong side, you are just confused, I know everything Maria, and I'll make it better," he said. "I can, be we are meant to be."

"I love Michael," she whispered her eyes beginning to drop again.

"Stay with me, Maria," he said. He placed his hand under her chin. "I love you."

"You love, Vilandra, or her memory, not me," Maria said.

"Michael knows nothing. I know how you used to want to be a fairy, and you went as one every Halloween, and how much you love singing. How you favorite color is gray, even though you tell everyone it's blue. Your grade point average is really 3.9, not 1.9. You were on the varsity soccer team this year. Maria, tell me, does Michael know any of this?"

"Everybody who pays attention knows," Maria whispered reality sinking in, but she didn't want to believe it.

"Does Michael know that when you were in seventh grade you got into the student ambassador trip, to go to Asia, and you didn't go to keep up your appearance?" he demanded.

"How, can you know all this?" Maria asked, her throat began to ache, and her head was slowly going numb. "I never told anyone, not even Liz, not my mom, I only told," Maria said. She looked up at the man with her vision fading second, by second. "Alex?" she whispered. "How could you?"

"I'm not Alex, silly girl, I'm Kivar, I needed away to get close to you, so I "abducted" him. He wasn't very resistant, he didn't even notice until it was too late. I can access, any of his memories, get to anything I want to, he knows everything about you Maria, and so do I," the Alex thing said to her.

Maria stretched her bound hands in front of her stomach as if she was protecting it. "I won't ever, ever help with anything, with you," Maria snapped.

"I can make it better, I can keep us together, and I can make you all better, just tell me where the granolith is, my time on Earth is short, if you tell me, I can come for real, and we can be together," it said.

"Well hello kiddies," Nicholas said coming up towards Michael and the others.

"I don't have time for this," Max snapped. "What do you want?"

"I just thought you should know Kivar, is in there, and unless Maria reveals the where the granolith is, she's going to die," Nicholas said smiling.

"We know, the where house in back of the new performance center," Andrew said.

Nicholas's eye twitched. "What are you doing here?" he demanded looking at Andrew.

"I'm saving Maria, if you get in my way, I'll kill you," he said. He then walked off towards the center and everyone else followed leaving Nicholas alone, to the dust.

"I would tell Alex, but I would never tell you," Maria said. Her vision was completely distorted. Out of both eyes, she got three different visions. She could feel herself slipping away.

"But I am Alex," Alex's voice said. "Please tell me Maria, please, please, I'll be your best friend." It sounded just like him it was scary.

"No," Maria gasped.

"Fine, I told you, I could make the pain get worse, or I could make it stop, I guess I know what you chose," it said holding out it's hand. Maria felt blood in her mouth, and her vision get worse. She couldn't feel either of her legs anymore, she wasn't even sure, if she still had her torso. Then Maria watched him fall, backwards, and on the ground.

"Stop that," Michael said. He then began to untie whatever it was that was holding Maria down.

"Alex!" Isabel yelled. "Oh my god, it's Alex, nice Michael, you killed Alex!"

"It's not him," Maria whispered using her last once of strength. "It's Kivar, in him," she said.

"Okay, come on get up," Michael said wrapping his arm around her. Maria stood and the fell onto the floor.

"Michael," she began. "You know, how much you mean to me, how all you guys do, don't you?"

"No, no," he warned. "Don't do this Maria, don't, you are going to make it out of here. Don't start saying your good-byes."

"I love," Maria began but her head rolled to the side and her eyes closed. "Damn it no!" Michael yelled. He hit her cheek. "Come, on, get up," he warned.

"Let's go Alex, come on Alex," Liz said. "Get up, come on, I know you're okay."

"Please, Maria," Michael begged.

Alex sat up with a start. "Help me," he pleaded before standing up. "Okay, what's going on?"

Max ran forward and shoved Alex against the wall. "Get out," he warned.

"Max, get off," it said.

"Listen! I am bigger, and stronger, and I am the king. If you know what's good for you, you will leave, and not come back," Max warned. "If not, I will come after you," he warned. Alex slipped to the ground.

"Come on!" Michael yelled.

Alex sat up slowly. "Liz, remember when I said that I wasn't sure if I believed in aliens?" he asked. "Because, I've just been abducted, I'm never going to forget that lesson."

"What's my middle name?" Liz demanded.

"Erica," Alex said. "It's him," Liz admitted.

"Oh shit," Alex said glancing down, at Maria who was laying down on the ground.

Michael closed his eyes. He had never done this before. He had never tried CPR, singing, and pressing on her heart, and still she wouldn't awake. He lifted up her tiny little baby T relieving her stomach. He placed both of his hands on her stomach and squeezed his eyes shut even tighter. "Please."

A flash of something inside Maria was what he saw. It looked like a girl, a girl who was slowly dying inside of her. Michael placed his energy into the little girl. Then he got flashes of images. Maria as a baby, Maria as a little girl, Maria as a teen, Maria, Liz, and Alex talking, Maria and Max at the movies, Maria and Tess sitting on her bed, and Michael, and Maria kissing over and over again. He snapped his head up.

"You," Maria whispered.

Michael laughed. He sat her up and hugged her. "Oh my god it worked. You were gone. I couldn't feel your heart anymore. You were gone."

"And you brought me back," Maria said smiling. "Michael, I don't feel well," she said. "Take me home."

"Okay," he said nodding. "I'll take you home."

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.