FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 17
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Maria stared in shock at Isabel. Surely she hadn't said that. There was no way that the picture was of Isabel's father. It was Maria's father. The father she had never met. The man who had came into town on a weekend and was gone from her and her mother's life forever. The man in the picture couldn't be Isabel AND Maria's father.

Both girls glanced over in time to see Liz returning from the bathroom. "Well, are we ready to go?" Liz asked, looking at Maria and Isabel.

"I changed my mind." Isabel said. "I really do have to use the bathroom.um, I'll be right back." She glanced over at Maria as if to tell her to follow.

Maria got the message. "Yeah," she said. "I better use it too. That way we don't have to stop on the way back into town between here and Roswell."

"Ok, guys, whatever." Liz said as she sat down in a chair. "I'll be waiting right here." Maria followed Isabel into the bathroom. She watched as Isabel locked the door so no one could get in.

"This," she said, holding up the picture. "Is my father. How can he be your father?"

"How do you know he's your father?" Maria asked. "It's my picture. That's who my mom told me my father was. It's the only picture she has of him. He can't be your father."

"But he is!" she exclaimed. "Look!"

Isabel reached in her purse. She pulled out the picture Max and Tess had found of Nascedo and the other two men. She showed it to Maria.

Maria looked at the picture. It was of Nascedo, her father, and another man. She looked up at Isabel. "Who are these guys with my dad?" she asked.

"You know Nascedo and the one on the very end is Michael's father." She looked at Maria. "And the middle one, is my father."

"I just don't understand it." Maria said. "How can he be your father, too?"

Maria began to cry. She was really starting to get scared. If Nascedo wasn 't her father and this man was, wouldn't that make Isabel and Max her siblings? She slid down the wall and pulled her knees to her chest. Isabel slid down the wall beside her. She put an arm around her shoulders.

"It's going to be alright." She said. "I want you to do something for me."

Maria looked up at Isabel. "What?" she asked.

"I want you to use your powers. I want to make sure all of this is true." Isabel said.

"Isabel, I can't. I don't know how to control them!" Maria exclaimed. The truth was, she was afraid to try again. She'd messed up when she tried it with Michael.

"You can do it." Isabel encouraged. "I'm right here. We won't try anything hard. Let's try something only I've been able to do. Dream walking."

Maria looked at Isabel. "You can't be serious!" she said. "If no one else can do it, why would I be able to?"

"Just try, please." Isabel pleaded.

Maria could see the patients in Isabel's eyes. She knew that if she weren't able to, Isabel wouldn't be mad. "All right, I'll give it a try."

Isabel explained to her how to do it.

"First, you need to close your eyes and concentrate. You'll feel yourself getting lightheaded. Next, you'll go into a trance like state. You'll be on the dream plane then. Once there, you'll see many, many ball-like things that are called dream orbs. They will be radiating many different colors. Pick out one you would like to look in. Start humming slowly and it should come over to you. If you just want to view the dream, hold the orb in your hand. If you want to be in the dream itself, pull the orb apart and walk in. It's that easy." She looked at Maria to make sure she understood. "To get out of the dream, all you have to do is close your eyes."

"I think I understand." Maria said to Isabel. "I'll try, but I'm making no promises."

Maria leaned back against the wall. She concentrated. Instantly she became lightheaded. This was working fast. Soon she stood on a level plane with bright colored orbs all around her. She looked around. She saw a beautiful red orb floating in front of her. Instantly she felt a connection to it. She began to hum and the orb floated to her. She picked up the orb and held it in her hands. The connection was made easily. It was Michael's dream she was in. He was sitting in a living room watching TV. Two young children sat on the floor playing with their toys. A voice was coming from the kitchen. Maria continued to watch. The voice was coming closer. It was a woman's voice. Obviously was seeing Michael dreaming about his future. These were his kids, and the woman coming through the door was his wife. She was surprised to see herself walk through the kitchen door. He was dreaming that he married Maria. The dream Maria walked over to Michael, handed him a glass and kissed him. She then sat down beside him. The two children scrambled onto their parent's laps. Maria was ready to return to Isabel. She shut her eyes and the connection was broken. She was back in the bathroom of the mall.

"Did you do it?" Isabel asked.

Maria looked at Isabel and grinned. "Yeah, I did it."

Isabel smiled. "I knew you did. I felt it when you connected. I could feel you using your power now and it was you that I felt the other times. Max and I both felt you. You controlled this power so it was only a little tweak I felt. When you don't control the powers, and use too much, we feel that too. Sometimes it can be very painful." She looked at Maria, grinning.

"So, who's dream did you walk into?" she asked.

Before Maria could answer there was a knock on the bathroom door. "Hey are you guys still in there? This door is jammed. I can't get it open." It was Liz.

Isabel looked at Maria. "Do you know what this means?" she asked Maria.

Maria nodded her head. "I think it means that we have the same father." She said.

Isabel smiled pulling Maria to her feet. "So I guess that makes us sisters, huh?" she asked.

Maria smiled. For the first time since she'd discovered the truth, she began to feel safe and normal. She put her arm around Isabel's shoulders. "Yeah, I guess that does."

They headed toward the door. This time, Maria used her powers to remove the lock Isabel had placed on the door. She did it successfully. "Come on sis," Maria said. "I think it's time we go tell the others."

"What were you two up to?" Liz demanded. "It took you guys forever."

Isabel looked at Maria and smiled. She tossed her arm over Liz's shoulders and the three friends walked towards the exit. "Nothing but a little sisterly bonding." Isabel said. "Nothing at all."

They made their way out to Maria's car. Liz looked confused. She didn't understand what had happened between Maria and Isabel in the bathroom. When she had returned they looked as if they'd just seen a ghost. Now, here they were, acting like their normal selves, as if they were best friends. They got into the car, pulled out of the mall's parking lot and headed towards Roswell.

"What's with you two?" Liz asked questioningly.

"Nothing much." Maria said.

Isabel looked at Maria. She nodded her head and Isabel turned to face Liz. "You'll never guess what I learned today!"

Liz looked at Isabel. "What did you learn?" she asked.

"Max and I have a sister!" Isabel glanced at Maria.

Liz couldn't believe what she was hearing. When had this all came out? It was impossible. Max and Isabel couldn't have a sister. That would make her an alien also. "Who is she?" Liz asked.

Isabel laughed. "Would you like to meet her, Liz? I think I can arrange for that. Maria, stop the car."

Maria pulled over to the side of the road. Isabel got out of the car. Liz and Maria got out and stood beside her.

"Liz, I'd like you to meet my sister," Isabel said, pointing towards Maria. "Maria." She looked towards Maria with a grin. "Maria, this is one of my best friends, Liz Parker."

Part 16 | Index | Part 18
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.