FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 12
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"Maria DeLuca!" exclaimed Mrs. DeLuca. "Where have you been! I've called Liz's house, Isabel's house and all your other friends I could think of. I didn't know if you were dead on the side of the road or WHAT had happened. I was minutes from calling the police young lady."

Let the battle begin, Maria thought. "Mom, I can explain. I gave Michael a ride home last night from Isabel's. We watched a movie at his apartment and then I fell asleep. I woke up there this morning. I'm sorry mom. It was very late and I didn't want to wake you."

"That's unacceptable! You knew I would wait up on you!" she screamed. "And spending the night with Michael???? Nutuh! Not going to happen anymore! You are not to see that boy anymore. What were you thinking? You're 16 years old!"

Tears welled up in Maria's eyes. "Mom, you don't understand! I just slept there. Not with him. Well, technically not with him, but that's beside the point. Wouldn't you rather me spend the night there then drive home tired and die in an accident?" Maria knew she was being cold.

"Maria!" her mother cried. "How could you say such a thing?"

"It's the truth mom!" she cried.

"God, you are so much like your father." Mrs. DeLuca blurted out.

"What are you talking about?" Maria asked. "I am nothing like my father. And if I remember right, you don't know who my father is. So what right do you have telling me that I am just like my father."'

"Maria." Mrs. DeLuca looked distraught. "You want to know who your father is? FINE! I was just protecting you from harm. You were born Nicole Ann Murphy. Jack assumed you were his. I knew better though. I didn't ever know your father's name. He was in town one weekend and I never saw him after that. When Jack left I was scared for you. I thought he'd come and try to take you away from me. I changed your name to Maria.and gave you my maiden name, DeLuca for a last name." She looked exhausted. "Here," she said moving to the desk. She opened a drawer and pulled out a picture. "This is your father. I don't know his name and this is all I have left of him. Now it's yours."

Maria looked at her mom. She hadn't meant to hurt her, but she obviously had. "Mom, I'm so sorry. I won't ever let it happen again." She reached over and hugged her mom.

"Is this really my father?" Maria said, looking down at the picture her mom had just given her.

"Yes, sweetie." Her mom said. "Keep that photo always."

"I will mom, I will." She said. She kissed her mom's cheek.

"Can I go over to Isabel's for a while?" she asked.

Mrs. DeLuca looked at her daughter. "After what you pulled last night? I think that is the last place you should be asking to go."

"Mom, this is really important to me." She whined.

"You should have thought about that last night when you were with Michael." She said.

"I'm not asking anymore, mom. I'm telling you. I'm going over to Isabel and Max's house for a while. I won't be out really late. Love you mom!" and with that, Maria ran out the door.

Part 11 | Index | Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.