FanFic - Other
"Remembering Our Pasts"
Part 14
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them, I'm just borrowing them. I make 'em happy for a while then give them back. Just the way I found them, depressed and fighting. Oh, but I own Lady Raine and the other characters that I've added. =)
Summary: This is part two in my yet unnamed series. The first part in Our Real Families, you should read that before this one to understand what is going on. This is a few days after Max and Tess come back from New York. The gang hasn't been able to get together and talk because Max's parents are concerned and won't let him out of their sight except for school.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: I'd love feedback if you don't mind, even criticism. =) I need help with a name for the series. If you have any ideas, please e-mail me with them. Thanks!
Max wanted nothing more than to pull Liz away from the group and talk to her privately about what had happened. But if he had learned anything from what Liz had just told them, it was that sometimes, especially at times like this, he had to push aside his immediate need to be or talk to Liz and focus on the group, their family. So he did that, knowing that he would talk to her after he and Isabel had shared what they had learned through their connection.

"Okay, you guys. Let's focus for a second, okay?" Max said in a reasonably calm and steady voice. "Isabel and I need to share what we learned when we connected and then we probably should head back into town. I move for a night of forgetting about our pasts, our futures and our fears and just be teenagers for a night. What do you guys think?"

Michael looked as if he wanted to argue for a moment until he remembered Liz's sorrow, exhaustion and pain that he could feel through their connection. "I agree with Max. Let's just relax tonight after they tell us what they saw. I'm sure that we'll have questions but we can figure them out later. Tonight let's just recharge the batteries."

Everyone was shocked by Michael's easy agreement to Max's request until they saw his gaze drop to Liz who was practically asleep in Michael's embrace. They all quickly agreed, not for themselves as much as for Liz. "Okay, Maxwell, tell us what you guys saw."

"Well, we saw a castle that was on top of a hill and at the base of the hill was a massive town that spread for miles in each direction. The sky was clear and white, almost without color. The clouds were simply a different shade of white, if that makes any sense. We were then taken into our parents' joint sitting room where we saw them. Our father had a wide golden crown decorated with gems along the sides, which looked like some of the symbols from the cave and in the center, above his forehead, five gems that made up the symbol that form the royal seal. The center one was a diamond, the one on the right was an emerald, the one above it was an amethyst. The one on the opposite side of the emerald was a sapphire and above it, the farthest one out, was a ruby," Max said with a expression of joy on his face.

"His name was Maximos and he was greatly loved by his people, not only of their own planet, but of the others as well. He was built like Max, in fact he looked a lot like Max does now," Isabel said with slightly confused look on her face for a moment before brushing it away and continuing. "He had dark brown hair that almost looked black which was long and held out of his face by his crown. His eyes were like all the others, large endless black pools. His face was a triangle shaped and he had a strong jaw like Max."

"Our mother sat next to him. She had on a crown like our father's, but it was much thinner. The gems that formed the constellation were the same, but the patterns on the side were different. They weren't symbols that we had seen before," Max said.

"Her name was Aura and was a woman who was well loved and loved well. She was tall, only a few inches shorter than our father who reached over 6' 4" and she was so incredibly graceful. She wasn't a small woman. She was curvy and full figured, but extremely beautiful, with shoulder length dark blond hair. Her face was round," Isabel said.

"But the weirdest thing was the emotion that filled the room. It was so confusing. There was an intense love, one that happens between two adults, but it was only one sided. And I don't think that it was between our parents," Max said, his face full of sorrow. "The love between them was platonic. It had been an arranged marriage, but they were close friends and cared deeply for each other."

"But there was this man that was also in the room, that sat between our parents. His name was Derry, he was Lady Raine's father. He was tall like our father but had a football player's build, broad and massive. He had short blond hair with bangs, like the way Max has his hair now," Isabel said with a smile.

"What's wrong with my hair, Iz?" Max asked in a pouting voice.

"Nothing brother mine," Isabel responded. "I'm just trying to help them picture him." Max smiled as he understood, he just wanted to pick on his sister. He was feeling a bit more carefree knowing the truth behind Liz and Kyle, but he knew he would only feel completely better once he and Liz talked alone and he knew her true feelings towards him.

"So what else did you learn about this Derry guy?" Michael asked.

"Other than he was really lonely and sad, nothing much," Max answered. "But we did see ourselves as children along with Lady Raine. We were about ten and she was about fifteen. I was built like my father, yet I had blond hair that was cut the same as it is now. Pretty boring, huh?" Max said with a hint of laughter in his voice. His friends joined in as well.

"I looked like my mother, but I had our father's dark brown hair and triangular face and my mother's mouth and lips. I wore my hair long like our father's but it was decorated with hundred of tiny braids. Then the scene changed to when we were about our age now. We saw my past self and I was sitting at a double vanity, probably in my room. I was brushing my hair and was wearing a dress of pale violet silk that had embroidered darker purple flowers and leaves. But the weird thing was that a girl, the same age as me then, came up behind me and placed a small golden circlet on my head, it was plain except for the gems that were connected with golden links that formed the royal seal on the top of my head. I know that she was important to me. A close friend, I could feel that. Her name was Tanichka. And she looked like a fairy." Isabel paused as everyone laughed at her last statement.

"First aliens and now fairies?" Maria giggled.

"I know...it's a little strange but it's true," Isabel giggled along with Maria and the others. When they had calmed down, she continued. "Anyway she had long honey blond hair that reached her waist. And she had it braided in hundreds of little tiny braids that were interlaced with ribbons that just made her look more like a fairy than normal. She was slender and wore a dress of green silk with violet flowers embroidered along the edges. She had a round face that was sprinkled with freckles. She moved from behind me and sat in the chair next to me and began playing with the bottles there. She was a princess on another of the planets because she wore a circlet similar to mine but hers was silver not gold."

"Then myself and Dallin, who is Tanichka's brother came behind them. Dallin had light brown hair with blond highlights that was cut like Kyle's but longer. He was built like a football player. We were dressed in something that looked like a cross between tuxes and military dress clothes. We also had these circlets on our heads but the royal seals were in the metal above our foreheads," Max said. "And that's all that we saw. And I didn't feel like they were anyone that I know now," Max said with a sense of sadness and apology in his voice as he looked at Maria.

"It's okay, Max," Maria said as a gleam appeared in her eye. "Besides I'm happy being a simple human instead of crazy like the rest of you." The group knew that she was joking so they joined in her laughter.

"But Max, I didn't know immediately that Kalika was Liz. Not until I saw her and Michael sleeping together. Then I just knew. So maybe we just have to see the Tanichka and Dallin interact together in this life form to realize it," Isabel said with hope on her face.

Max didn't have the heart to shoot down his sister's hope, especially since she had done this before, not him. "I'm sure you're right, Isabel," but before Max could continue Liz's cell phone rang. Liz reached over and answered it.

Part 13 | Index | Part 15
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.