FanFic - Other
"Playing House "
Part 2
by Katjen
Disclaimer: Nope, no , not mine…
Summary: The gang has a school assignment that involves marriage and flour…
Category: Other
Rating: G
"Okay we’ve got two kids…we wanna send both of them to college right?"

"Only if they *want* to go…" Liz said quickly.

"And if they *do* want to go we’re thinking Harvard right?"

"If that’s where they choose…"

"Well at least we know they can get in if they want to - look at their genes…coming from two smarties…" Alex grinned at Liz and pointed to the chart in front of her. "And look how much money we’ll save on tuition since you’re working there…"

"It’s perfect!" Liz sighed happily. "This is great Alex – everything’s coming together!"

"Well we make a good team…" He looked at her and smiled softly shaking his head. "It’s so funny…"

"Hmmm?"

"I have to be psychic or something…" Liz laughed and put away the chart.

"Don’t tell me you want to change your job to that – I don’t have any poster board left and that doesn’t strike me as being very lucrative in Roswell…Maria and her mom would be your only clients and you’d probably give them freebies…" He laughed and she nudged him with her elbow. "Why do you have to be psychic?"

"Because the first day I met you I knew I was going to marry you…" The smile slid off of Liz’s face and she stared at him. He caught it and laughed, nudging her back. "Don’t freak out Parker – that was B.I. – Before Isabel…"

"You…had a crush…? On me…?"

"Is that so shocking? C’mon you were always so nice to me…and the second I realized you didn’t think I was a dork for liking computers I was smitten." He smiled nostalgically. "Don’t worry Liz - I realized I loved you more like a sister than a girlfriend a long time ago…like the day Isabel walked into our classroom and I literally felt my heart just pause from beating to admire her when she looked at me…" She smiled at him, relieved, and he kissed her cheek affectionately. "See, we make a great team – little Alex Whitman knew what he was talking about…Max is a very lucky man…"

Liz blushed and grinned at him. "Isabel’s pretty lucky too – just wait till I tell her-"

"Don’t you dare!"

"Hey." Michael slumped down onto the bench in front of them.

"Hey Michael how’s it going? How are the kids?" Alex teased and Michael glared at him sullenly from up under his eyebrows.

"They. Are. Bags. Of. Flour."

"Okay how are your bags of flour?"

"We have two to deal with too if it makes you feel any better…" Liz said gesturing to the sacks on the table. "Is Gracie "taking care" of them all by herself?"

"Poor kids…" Alex murmured.

"No. I got one of them with me." Liz frowned at him and was about to ask where it was when she noticed the book bag lying at his feet. Michael never carried a book bag.

"Michael you didn’t!" Alex burst into a fit of laughter at the look on Liz’s face, and Michael put the bag on the table. She quickly unzipped it to "give it some air" and paused. She looked from the inside of the bag then up to Michael’s face then back to the bag again starting to giggle.

"What…? Lemme see…" Alex leaned over looking into the book bag and promptly fell off the bench from laughing so hard.

"I didn’t do it!" Michael insisted. "*She* did it!"

Liz lifted the flour child out from the darkness of the book bag. It was wearing a baby Calvin Klein T-shirt.

"I am in hell." Michael mumbled and buried his head in his hands as Alex tried to get back on his seat still chuckling. "Can it Whitman."

"Hey peoples…" Maria came up to the table balancing a soda on the palm of her hand. She almost dropped it when she saw what Liz was holding. "Oh. My. God" she giggled. "Gracie?"

"Gracie." Liz confirmed. Maria crumpled to the grass clutching her stomach, and Alex unable to hold it in any longer, fell off his seat again.

"Designer flour!" Maria gasped tears rolling down her face, and Liz grinned at Michael who was desperately trying not to laugh.

*~*~*

"What are we doing here Maxwell?" Max, Liz and Michael stepped through the doors of the Petsmart.

"Maria wanted me to see how much one of those plastic igloo things were for the backyard…" Max and Liz’s hands swung between them joined in a fist as they wandered down the aisles and Michael trailed after them, hefting his book bag higher up his shoulder. The damn thing was getting heavy. "This’ll only take a minute Michael…why don’t Liz and I meet you over by the dogs?"

Michael rolled his eyes and shrugged, following the barking noises to his left. Max just wanted some make out time with Liz. It was a good thing this dumb project was almost over and things could get back to normal. He’d barely seen Maria all week except for lunch today and when he’d managed to drag her into the eraser room earlier. He kinda missed her.

*I’m getting to be as bad as Max…*

One more day and no more Gracie. All they did was fight. And not even the fun kind of fighting he did with Maria. All she did was moan about how he had no personal style and didn’t spend any time with her and the "children". Like yesterday she had dragged him over to her house to look at the clothes she had picked out. *Clothes*. For bags of flour. He’d taken a quick glance, then said he had to go because he was busy. She had flung herself in front of the door dramatically and cried, "You’re going to see *her* aren’t you?!" He had blinked at her, confused.

"Who, Maria?"

"Do you have any other mistresses?"

"Maria’s not my mistress she’s my girlfriend" Woah first time he’d ever used *that* word.

"Ah ha! So you admit it! At least take one of the kids with you." She glared at him realizing he wasn’t going to play, and he all but ran out the door after taking the "kid" from her. Model shmodel that girl belonged in a soap opera. Or a mental institution.

After leaving her place he had met up with Max and Isabel at the Crashdown for dinner, and had flopped into the booth plopping the bag of flour dressed in a T-shirt down on the table. Isabel smiled at him and held up her "baby". "Look honey it’s your cousin-" she reached out and turned the bag around to get a better look at the T-shirt. "Calvin."

"Not you too…" he groaned.

"I’m impressed Michael." Isabel teased. "He’s so well behaved. How do you keep him so quiet?"

"I told "him" if he started getting fussy I’d bake a cake."

"Hey Michael what’s up?" Max slid into the booth next to Isabel and waved good-naturedly at his "nephews".

"She accused me of having an affair with my girlfriend…" Man there was that word again. Max and Isabel smiled at each other. "Seriously!" he growled. "She said she was going to report *me* to Mr. Hoffman for being "unfaithful" and *Maria* for being a homewrecker! This chick is seriously unbalanced…"

"She’s just getting into it…" Isabel shrugged. "It’s kinda fun if you let it be."

"Don’t tell me you and Kyle are getting along…" She shrugged and he frowned looking very much like a frustrated puppy dog. "Is everybody having fun but me?!" Isabel had shrugged again giving him that little smile of hers she borrowed from the Mona Lisa and Max had scratched the back of his head trying to look sympathetic. "Even you Max? With the Cheesehead?" he asked pathetically and Isabel snorted.

"Speaking of Maria", Max said "She asked me to do something for her tomorrow while she’s working – you wanna come and take a break from Gracie?"

"YES."

And so that’s how he ended up here. Alone in the dog aisle waiting for Max and Liz to stop sucking face so they could go get something to eat. He looked into the window. There was a little Dalmatian puppy rolling around on the floor. He grinned at it. It made him think of Maria. The smile slid off his face as he remembered her memory. She had been really sad in it, and the only thing that had been keeping her going had been that dog. When she had told him about it dying after her dad left that day at his apartment she had looked like she was going to cry.

"That’s the one…" Max said coming up beside him and pointing the puppy out to Liz. "That’s our dog."

"Oh my God he’s soooooo cuuuuuute" Liz crooned at the window and Michael rolled his eyes. Girls.

Max looked over at him and said pointedly "She really loves that little guy…" before taking Liz’s hand again and wandering off towards the exit.

Michael stared down at the puppy and it stared right back up at him expectantly. He sighed and the puppy sneezed.

*She really loves that little guy…*

"Damn it Max…"

Michael hoisted the backpack back up on his shoulder again, shoved his hands into his pockets, and went off to find an employee.

*~*~*

"Hey Isabel…"

"Kyle! Hey…"

"Anyone sitting here?" She shook her head and he slid into the booth. He held out his hands to the bag of flour in her lap. "Come to Poppa…" She grinned at him and carefully handed him their baby. "I think he looks like me…" she laughed and he smiled at her.

"So I guess we’re done tomorrow, huh?"

"Yeah…"

"I was gonna call you tonight…you know to organize our papers and sheets and we have that last reflection bit about "what we learned"" he rolled his eyes. "And we have to write down our plans for retirement…"

"Do you want to do that now?"

"You’re not waiting for anyone?"

"Nope."

"You mean you don’t have a date?" She smiled thinking about Gracie’s jealous outburst at poor Michael.

"No. Why – you think I’d cheat on my husband?" He smiled slowly and shrugged staring at the table. "What about you?" she asked airily, "You’re not surrounded by your usual flock of cheerleaders – practice not out yet?"

"Check that out kiddo – your mommy’s pretty funny…"

"Isabel…" Alex came up to the table and glanced nervously over at Kyle. "I don’t wanna bother you guys or anything but I was wondering if, ah, we could go to the nine o’clock tomorrow instead of the seven? I forgot I promised my mom I’d help her buy a present for my dad off the net – she just doesn’t get the whole point and click thing…" He leaned in conspiratorially "If you ask me I think she’s afraid if she hits the wrong key she’ll blow up the house…"

Isabel laughed.

"Sure nine’s fine with me…"

"Great!"

She smiled at him. He sounded so relieved. He waved and went back over to Liz who was sitting at the counter with a bunch of spreadsheets and markers prepared to get down to business.

"So you and Whitman, huh?"

"So me and Alex what?

"Are you two like a couple?" She smiled again and shrugged, taking a menu.

"I dunno…it’s just a movie…I dunno. Maybe…" He nudged her foot under the table.

"You are making his life." Isabel looked up from the menu and frowned. What the hell was *that* suposed to mean?

"Why? Because I’m *condescending* to go out with him? This isn’t a charity case Valenti – Alex is a really sweet guy and I *like* him okay?"

"That’s not what I meant!" Kyle leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms in front of his chest defensively. "I just meant that he’s been mooning over you for *years* and it’s finally becoming real for him…all I meant was that you are making him the happiest man on earth by giving him a chance. That’s *all* I meant….Jeez…I thought we already established that I think the hierarchy of high school is bullshit. Maybe *you* don’t – Do *you* think you’re "condescending"?"

"NO. I think he deserves better than me." He deserves a normal girl who isn’t afraid to love him because she’s too worried about breaking both their hearts when it turns out she doesn’t get the white house and the picket fence, but a one way ticket to a home she’s not even sure she wants anymore.

He stared at her. "What the hell are you talking about?" She took a deep breath and shook her head.

"Nothing. He’s just…he’s just a really great guy…"

"Well don’t sell yourself short, okay?" He frowned at her. "To be honest I thought this project was gonna suck – I thought it was just my luck getting stuck with the Ice Princess but…I *was* lucky." She looked up at him, surprised, and he continued softly, "You’re definitely not what I expected…"

"Same here…" she whispered.

"You’re like a real person. You’re really nice …You…you’re going to be a great mom and a great…wife. Y’know if you ever decide to do this for real I mean."

"Thanks Kyle…You’re not so bad either…You’re…you’re gonna "make some girls life" when you do this for real too…"

"You’re just saying that because I’m trying to be nice to you."

"No, I mean it. And you *are* nice to me. Well you weren’t at first but neither was I so we can just call it even…"

"All I’m saying is that if you want Whitman and he wants you you’re perfect for each other… You both "deserve" what you want. But…if things don’t work out give me a call…".

She laughed and he looked at her.

"I’m serious." He said, then tapped the notebook she had taken out, changing the subject abruptly. "So…retirement. If this was real do you think we would have made it that far?"

"Yeah…actually I do."

They sat there for a moment, smiling at each other, when she frowned, remembering what she had meant to ask him the other day. Hey…Okay I know this is really annoying of me…especially since this is due tomorrow but…"

"What is it?"

"I don’t want to be a Super Model anymore. I don’t want to live next to the United Center." She said it quickly and bit her lip expecting him to start yelling at her for waiting till the last minute. Well if he did she’d yell right back – she’d never really *agreed* with the whole I’m-gonna-live-on-a-basketball-court thing so he could just-

"Sure." He shrugged and she blinked at him. "Not a big deal. The only thing we were spending a shitload of money on was the stupid house and college for this little guy. So all we have to do is find a new house. I’ll keep the job I’ve got so we won’t have to worry too much about money – since I’ll be makin’ a lot with my talented NBA ass." He joked, pretending to flex his muscles and then asked her, "What do you want to be?"

She was quiet for a moment, then said softly, "A kindergarten teacher…" and he smiled at her.

"Where do you want to live?"

"In Roswell. In a real house. A nice normal house with a lawn and a porch." He took her notebook and jotted it down then shut it and pretended to sulk.

"You realize we’re going to be refiguring this stuff out *all* night…"

"I’m sorry – look, you know what? You don’t have to change anything – we’ll just keep what we have…", she said feeling guilty, and trying to ignore the sick feeling in her stomach that it would be down on paper now for everyone to see - that shallow version of herself that she had been trying to get rid of for so long.

He laughed. "I don’t care about the work, I was just kidding. It’s not gonna be that bad to rearrange…If this is what’ll make you happy, this is what we’ll do."

"You’re sure you don’t mind?"

"Yeah."

"You don’t think Hoffman will be mad that we changed our paper?"

"I doubt it - He just had us hand in those copies to make sure we were keeping on task. He probably just skimmed them to make sure we were on the right track…I mean what does he care as long as we’ve followed the directions and handed it in on time?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I am sure I do not mind staying up all night with you and getting a *headache* trying to *recompute* all these numbers…We’ll just have to make sure you work in a Kindergarten that pays *really really* well…"

"You are making me feel sooooo guilty."

He gave her an innocent look.

"Purely unintentional I assure you."

"Thanks Kyle…"

"I do have one request though…"

"What?"

"When you evaluate your "husband" you tell Hoffman how supportive he is of you…how *self-sacrificing* and *noble* and-"

"Okay, okay." She grinned at him. "It’s a deal."

*~*~*

Maria skipped down Michael’s dark hallway. She hoped he was still awake and not keeled over trying to recuperate from his last meeting with Gracie. She checked her watch. It was only eight o’clock. No one over the age of nine should be in bed before eight in her humble opinion anyway, tired or not.

She and Max had just finished their project which meant she was officially free to resume necking with Spaceboy without feeling guilty.

She didn’t think she could wait till tomorrow.

She was about to knock on his door when she heard him talking, and paused to listen wondering if it was Gracie and trying to decide if she should come back later.

"Who’s the cutest thing in the world besides Maria? Who is it? Who is it?"

Maria clasped her hands over her mouth trying to stifle a giggling fit.

He’s lost it.

Gracie has finally succeeded in driving him insane.

His cheese has slid off his cracker.

He was not only *talking* to his Bag. Of. Flour., he was talking *baby* talk! *Oh my God where’s a tape recorder when you need one?* She took a deep breath, trying to control herself so she could knock on his door without falling over, but knew the second she looked at him she would burst out laughing. She wondered if he was in there right now bouncing the Calvin Klein T-shirt wearing bag of flour on his hip with a dishtowel over his shoulder and his lips pursed as he murmured little cooing noises about how adorable his "wig wutie" was.

*Okay, okay* breathe *Maria*

She cleared her throat, forcing down another set of giggles and knocked on the door. She heard him scramble around on the other side. He was probably trying to hide the evidence. He was probably sticking the "kid" in the cupboard or pitching it behind the couch.

He opened the door, the picture of nonchalance.

"Hey. You done?"

She bit her lip and nodded coming inside. She went straight to the kitchen and started opening all the cupboards. Not finding anything she skipped over to the couch and looked behind it. Nothing.

"Looking for your sanity?"

"Where’s the kid?" He gestured to the tray of brownies next to the oven. "You did not!" He rolled his eyes.

"Believe me I wanted to, but when we were done Gracie stormed out of here with both of them." She frowned. "What?"

"Who’s cuter than me?"

"Is this a trick question?"

"I *heard* you Michael…who’s cuter than me?" He pursed his lips and raised his eyebrows. "Michael who’s cuter than me?!"

"Jeebie."

What the…

"Is that short for something?" Maybe he had been on the phone…

That was it! He had been talking to a girl! Her Michael had been talking baby talk on the phone to a girl named *Jeebie*! She didn’t know any Jeebies though…well wait - there was that girl in their history class – Jezebel…Jeebie could be a nickname for Jezebel… She glared at him.

"I dunno what it’s short for…he didn’t tell me."

*He*? Maria slumped down to the floor. This was not looking good.

Michael went over to his bedroom door. He opened it, and the puppy from the Petsmart wobbled out sniffing the ground.

"Don’t you dare pee…" Michael mumbled and it looked up at him innocently. Maria stared at the puppy then up at Michael speechless. He frowned at her, worried.

"Don’t tell me you don’t want him. I spent every cent I had-" He didn’t get to finish. Maria leapt to her feet and threw her arms around him. They fell to the floor as she covered him with kisses. The puppy yipped and tugged on the cuff of her pant leg for attention and she let go of Michael who was still lying on the floor with his eyes closed waiting for more. She picked him up and hugged "Jeebie", tears streaming down her face.

"Just so we're clear I didn't say he was cuter...I said who was cute *besides* Maria..." The puppy wuffled and he grinned at him. "You're a close second..." he assured it.

"You got him for me…?" He opened his eyes and sat up, scratching the back of his head and staring at the carpet blushing a little.

"Yeah…uh…Max said you really liked him…and uh I thought you probably missed Domino so…" She shook her head at him and laughed as Jeebie kissed the tears off her cheeks.

"Can we keep him here…? You know…so he’s *ours*…?" He sighed as the puppy wriggled out of her arms and set to work at gnawing on the toe of his boot.

"If you want…"

"I want…" she murmured getting on her hands and knees and crawling up to him. She pat Jeebie who snuggled contentedly against Michael’s foot. "I love…" She stopped in front of him and leaned forward slowly, curling her fingers around his collar and pulling him close. "I thank…" she whispered against his lips.

"You’re wel-"

"So you think I'm cute huh?" she teased when she pulled back for a moment to catch her breath and laughed softly as he mumbled an embarrassed "shut up". "I think you're cute too" she whispered with a smile and kissed him again, stretching herself comfortably out on top of him as Jeebie abandoned Michael's shoe and snuggled up against them.

*~*~*

"Max…" A grin.

"Liz…" A kiss.

"Does this mean you’re a free woman?"

"Well I was never really held captive by Alex…" She laughed and they looked up as he and Isabel waved a goodbye on their way to the movie. Before the doors to the Crashdown swung shut, Isabel’s giggle floated back to touch their ears after Alex exclaimed that the internet was beyond the realm of his parent’s comprehension and that his father said the word "e-mail" like Dr. Evil said the word "laser". Max smiled. He was good for his sister. He made Isabel smile, laugh. "After all…" Liz continued sitting down beside him at the counter, "He didn’t mind our little field trip yesterday…" She laughed softly remembering the look on Michael’s face as Max told him about Maria’s attachment to the puppy. "Do you think he did it?"

"He did." She smiled.

"How do you know?"

"Because *Michael* is not as tough as he’d like everyone to think he is…just don’t tell him I know…" He whispered the last bit in her ear, using it as excuse to get close enough to brush a soft kiss across her collar bone.

""Mum" is my new favorite word…" she murmured. "So what did you think of the project?" He shrugged with a smile.

"It was actually fun…it’s funny, I’ve known Maria for months but I never really *knew* her. Now I know her favorite movie…her favorite color…"

"The Princess Bride and purple – ‘but not that wimpy lavender color-‘"

"’That dark purple that’s almost black’." He finished and they laughed. "I’m glad you told her Liz…I mean I was never upset with you because you did. I understood that you needed to share our secret with someone, with her…I was glad you did it for your sake, but I’m also glad you did it for ours. She’s changed Michael, she’s made him realize that it’s okay to care about things, to smile, to be happy…to feel other things besides anger…and she keeps Isabel from being too…Isabel…and she respects her for that…"

"What about you? How did she help you?"

"She trusted me. She let me know by trusting me that you…trusted me…she wouldn’t have let me in if you didn’t."

"Of course I trust you Max…don’t you know that by now…?"

He smiled. "Yeah…I guess I’m just being what she called a "neo-MAXi-zoom-dweebie"" He laughed. "She made me watch The Breakfast Club." he explained," She said it was important to our marriage that I like it…"

Liz laughed, "And did you?"

"Very much so…"

"You realize you are now one of her favorite people."

He grinned and took her hand, slipping his fingers in between hers.

"Well she’s one of mine too…but…as much fun as it was I couldn’t help wishing…"

"What?"

"That it was you." He said simply. "I wanted to be with you…like that…planning…"

"Coloring in our charts?" she grinned and he smiled.

"Yeah…"

"Me too…I mean it was…it was the same for me…Alex was great but…he wasn’t you."

He leaned towards her slowly, gently cupping her chin, tilting her mouth up to his and whispered against it, "Well...there’s always extra credit…"

*~*~*

Isabel walked down the sidewalk beside Alex on their way to the Cineplex Odien laughing as he recounted his mini adventure on the computer with his parents earlier that evening.

"Well you’re safe now…" Isabel giggled, and tentatively found his hand with hers. He looked up at her, a slight blush coloring his cheeks and gently squeezed her hand back.

"So did you and Kyle uh…fix your paper? I know you wanted to talk to him about changing some things…"

"Yeah like everything…" she said embarrassed as they paid for their tickets and stepped inside. "But yeah we did – it didn’t take as long as we thought it would and he was…he was really nice about it…" She shrugged and nudged his shoulder with hers noticing his doubtful expression. "He’s actually not so bad…"

"Well that’s good then…you know that you had a good partner…" he mumbled and Isabel grinned at him. Was he jealous? That was sooo cute…

They handed the usher their tickets and entered the darkened theater. He started to move down the aisle towards the middle, and she lightly tugged on his hand.

"Don’t you want to sit back here?" Isabel smiled softly at the widening of his eyes as she gestured to the last row. It reminded her of that night at the rave when she had asked him if he had wanted to "go somewhere".

He swallowed nervously and nodded a few times, "Yeah…yeah, okay…" before sitting down beside her.

Two hours later they stopped back at the Crashdown for ice cream. Liz and Max were still there only they had moved from the counter to a booth. They motioned for them to join them, and Alex and Isabel let go of each other’s hands as they slid into the booth, their feet immediately finding each other instead under the table.

"So how was the movie?" Liz asked and Alex blinked at her.

Movie. Movie, movie, movie…He couldn’t remember the title, who was in it or what it was about. Had it ever started? He remembered seeing the bag of popcorn playing the drums to an audience of other assorted cavity inducing snacks and turning to Isabel to make some witty remark about how that bag of popcorn was actually very talented because *his* drummer couldn’t smile and play at the same time when she kissed him and he forgot all about it.

"The movie…how was the…movie…" he repeated blushing and looked up at Isabel who’s face was just as pink. "I liked it. A LOT. What did you think Isabel?" She smiled softly then ducked her head and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. Max raised his eyebrows at Liz who was looking at Alex like he was her baby boy going off to prom with the woman of his dreams.

"It was…fabulous…" Isabel grinned, looking up and meeting his eyes. "Everything I had hoped it would be…"

*~*~*

"So what did you "learn" Spaceboy?"

"I learned to believe you when you say I’ll be sorry if I ever put Tabasco sauce on your brownie again." He mumbled, rubbing his shoulder.

"From the *project*…" She leaned over and took his hand away, replacing it with her lips. "Better…?"

"Maybe…" She kissed his shoulder again.

"Better…?"

"You’re getting there…" she dipped her head for another kiss, and he caught her chin, tilting it up instead, her lips meeting his. She drew back and laid down on the couch resting her head in his lap as he played with her hair and she reached out to run a hand down Jeebie’s sleeping back at Michael’s feet.

"You still didn’t answer my question Mr. Guerin." she huffed putting on her best Mr. Hoffman voice and turning away from Jeebie to look up at him.

He rolled his eyes then said obediently, "I learned that to survive in a marriage I should agree with everything my wife says…and then do whatever I want."

He could see her thinking about getting up and knocking him off the couch, and then deciding she was much more comfortable like this. She settled for glaring at him.

"What about compromise?"

"I *did* compromise…I compromised my mental health for an entire week. If that’s what marriage is like I’m never doin’ it for real…"

"You’ll change your mind…"

"Oh I will, will I? What is so great about marriage?" She smiled at him and reached up to touch his face, running her fingers through his hair.

"Oh I dunno…*being* together…relaxing in front of the TV. on a Friday night with the rain pouring outside and your…wife with her head on your lap and her fingers in your hair as the family dog snores on the carpet… going to bed every night with the woman you love and waking up with her arms around you…" He stared down at her and closed his eyes as she caressed his neck, her fingers wandering over to his lips.

"Wanna sleep over…" he mumbled thickly, the sound of it and the question itself making her blush. She smiled as he kissed her fingertips.

"You know I can’t…" she laughed a little breathlessly as he fixed her with a hungry look and continued, "Besides…that’s another thing…I made my mother a promise about sleepovers and marriage that I’m not in any hurry to break…" He had been leaning forward slowly and chose that moment to close the gap between them. "Mmmmno matter…how…tempting…it may be…"

"Fine." He smirked kissing her again. "Marry me." She giggled.

"That’s real romantic Michael…asking a girl to marry you so you can get laid…"

He kissed her again and whispered, "That stuff though… we already do that stuff…we’re "being together" right now…we don’t need to get married…"

"Well it’s kind of like we already are if you go with that argument, so what would it hurt to keep an open mindmmm…" Kisses or no kisses he was soooooo not gonna win this battle.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.