FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 14
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
Deep in his heart, in his soul, his memory, Max knew that this was Lady Raine. That his father had placed her as his trusted advisor for both himself and his son and that she would teach him everything that he had forgotten. Tess sucked in her breath at the sight of the woman. She knew her, but she just couldn't remember. But she had a feeling that this woman was why she was never called Queen. But deep inside she knew that she could feel no bitterness towards her, this woman, Lady Raine would help them take back their rightful places.

Raine wanted to cry out in joy and pain. Joy that she had found him, Zan the Once and Future King, but pain because he looked so much like his father. *How did they not know he was Zan for years? He looks just like his father, or maybe it's just me searching for Maximos. He even has a variation of his father's name.* But Raine held fast to her emotions and slowly approached Max.

Max instinctively turned his chair towards her, but remained seated. A part of him knew that she had to acknowledge him as king as Zan before he could rise and embrace her.

Raine stopped in front of Max and fell down on one knee. "Your Majesty. The Once and Future King. The Foretold High King that would bring about the change of our worlds. It it good to see you again. It fills my heart with joy to know that you are safe and well."

Max smiled even though he was slightly confused at her statements and rose. "Thank you, my lady. It is good to see you as well. Shall we meet and find an ending to the war that affects our planets."

Raine stood as well, the top of her head reached his eyes. "My King," she said with such love in her voice. "They are not in charge of the other planets. There is no sense to met with them for they have no real power. They are allies of Kivar. The true ones who oversee your other planets were sent here as well and will soon be revealed." She turned her gaze from Max to the others sitting at the table and her gaze turned from gentle to steel and ice. "Be gone. Exit this building and leave these human bodies. Go back to your homes and await the wrath that you will find. The Royal Guards will escort you out." At the moment several beings dressed similar to Raine appeared and led Larek, Sero, Kathana and Hanar out of the room. Two held onto Nicholas, keeping him in place while four more held Rath and Lonnie.

One guard was left. He approached Max and knelt on one knee before him as Raine had done. "'Your majesty. I have plane tickets for you and your companion back home to Albuquerque and bus fare from there to Roswell. It is not fit transportation for a king such as yourself, but..."

"It is fine. It will get us home and that is all that matters. I miss my family," Max said with a smile on his face. "Thank you, what is your name?"

The guard looked up with admiration and joy in his endless black eyes at his King. "My name is Niall (NEE-AL) . I have been placed in charge of your Royal Army by Lady Raine until you and Prince Rath's return."

"Thank you, Niall ," Max said. He turned to Raine. "What are you going to do with them, Raine?" He asked regarding Nicholas, Rath and Lonnie.

Raine turned to Max, her eyes still showing her anger. Tess hid herself behind Max in fear while he just looked at her, slightly cocking his head to the side with a questioning look in his eyes. Her eyes gentled at his expression and let out a short breathless laugh. "Your father used to do the same thing," she said in a bittersweet tone. But her face once more changed and from soft and gentle, like a woman remembering a magical moment, to firm, like a woman in charge. "They must die, your majesty."

Lonnie and Rath immediately began to struggle against their captors and yelled, "Why us? We're part of the Royal Four!"

"I agree with you regarding Nicholas, but why Rath and Lonnie?" Max asked.

"Because, my King," Raine began to answer. "They have committed treason. They killed the duplicate of you in their group and have been conspiring with Nicholas and the Skins to betray you."

Max turned his gaze to Rath and Lonnie. His gaze was one of steel and anger as he looked at them. "Is this true?" he asked in a voice that was ice cold.

Lonnie shook her head no, but Rath was struck suddenly how much Max resembled Zan in that moment and told the truth. "Yes, we did. We killed Zan," he said with a voice full of defeat and regret.

Max turned to Niall and said, "Kill them. But make it quick and painless. They are royalty, they deserve that much." Niall led the guards hold Lonnie, Rath and Nicholas out of the room and to their execution. He turned then to Raine and said, "Are you coming home with us? After you finish with Nicholas. I have a feeling that you want to take your time with him."

Raine laughed a full hearty laugh. "I do, but I will restrain myself, my King. I do not have the time. I must go back and prepare for the battle that will happen as well as coming to Earth."

By this time Tess had finally come out from behind Max. "What do you mean? Come to Earth? Aren't you already here?" she asked in a small voice.

"No, I am not, Princess Ava, or Tess as you are now called," Raine answered gently. "My body is still back in our system. I have simply astro-projected myself here. This is my spirit, my soul, my essence. After this final battle and gathering those who are still loyal to the true Royals, I will come to Earth in flesh. Well not like this, but in a human body."

"You mean you'll be a shapeshifter like Nasedo?" Tess asked.

Raine jerked in shock. "How do you know of Nasedo?"

"Well, he raised me. He's dead now, the Skins killed him," Tess answered in confusion.

Raine immediately looked relieved. "Nasedo didn't raise you, my dear. Vishnu did. He was your father's trusted servant. He is dead, not Nasedo."

"But then who and where is Nasedo?"

"Nasedo is hidden in Roswell. He will revel himself to you when he is truly needed. He has protected all of you without your knowledge several times. I sent him with the second set of the true Royals."

"What? I don't understand. And why didn't you bless Max and my marriage?" Tess asked as she started to raise her voice.

"I didn't bless it because I did not approve of it," Raine answered. "The High King Maximos did not arrange the betrothals as I advised him to. It was not the way The Source wanted it, so I could not give it my blessing since it comes from The Source." Raine started to fade. "I must go. I will return to you after the last of the duplicates have died. Tess, you must connect with her as she dies and receive her memories. That is the only way for you to remember now. She has reached them first from your joint subconcious, you have to take them back from her before she dies or else you will not remember." And with that she was gone.

"Max, what are we going to do? How did you know about her? What is happening?" Tess asked in a little girl's voice.

"I don't know, but let's go home and try and figure it out with everyone," Max said as he pulled her close to comfort her.

At that moment Niall and the other six guards entered the room. "They are dead, your majesty."

"Thank you, Niall. Will you be returning with Lady Raine to Earth once everything is in order?"

"No, your majesty. I will remain with those loyal to you. Lady Raine will come alone as she prefers it. She will have Krishan to help train you when she comes to Earth," Niall answered.

"Krishan?" Max asked.

"The one who was sent with you, not Vishnu, but one of the others."

"Oh, Nasedo is what we know him as here," Max answered.

"Oh. I must go, your majesty. Lady Raine needs me," Niall said.

"Then go. Keep her safe so she can come to us."

"The Source keeps her safe, your majesty. None can harm her without his blessing," Niall answered as he and the guards faded.

Max smiled and lead Tess out of the room and towards the sewers for their things. His smiled faltered when he saw the dust on the floor outside of the conference room. He knew who it was or actually who it had been, but he closed his eyes to it. He just wanted to go home.

Part 13 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.