FanFic - Other
"One Night Forever"
Part 7
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, just the plot.
Summary: One night decides the fate of the whole gang as the future looms near.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Kyle Valenti woke up the next morning with a major headache. The sunlight was wavering into the room, making it way too bright. He groaned and rolled over, intending on going back to sleep. But the sound of a phone ringing caused him to pick his head up.

He glanced around his room, trying to find his, but the ringing stopped and sound was once again back to how he liked it: not making any. He laid his head back down, but was already too woke up.

Kyle slowly climbed out of bed, holding his head with his hands. It was way too bright in his room, even more then usual. He pryed his eyes open and glanced at the window, noting that the shade was up. He stumbled over and reached for it, only to notice something was taped to the glass.

After looking through the window for whoever left it, Kyle pushed up the glass and pulled off what appeared to be an envelope. He shut the window back and looked at it closer.

It was a white, plain, envelope with his name wrote in block letters on the front. The handwriting looked vaguely familiar, but not enough to place a name. Rubbing his eyes, Kyle opened the envelop and pulled out a note. He scanned it quickly. The further he read, the bigger his eyes got.

"Oh, shit...Dad!" Kyle was wide awake by the time he was running into the kitchen. He noticed his dad was on the phone, but this was more important.

"Dad-" The sheriff held up a hand, silencing his son. Kyle eyed him as he stood waiting, jumping back and forth.

"I'm sure she's ok...yes, I'm right on it...see you in a few." The older Valenti hung up the phone and turned toward his son.

"Read this," Kyle instructed, thrusting a piece of paper into his hands.

The sheriff read the note, his face getting grimmer by the second. Kyle knew exactly how he felt. The whole situation had just gotten worse. "Was that Ms. Evans on the phone?"

"No...that was Ms. Parker...Liz is missing."

Kyle stood there, taking that in. He looked back at the note and then at his father once more. "You don't think--"

"They took her with 'em?" his father finished. "It's a possibility."

Kyle was speechless. "But...Max wouldn't..."

The sheriff sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "Shit...I gotta go over the Parkers and talk to them. You go over to Amy's and The Whitman's to see where Maria and Alex are. If they're AWOL too..."

"I got it," Kyle said. He watched as his dad grabbed his coat and hat and head out the door. Kyle glanced back down at the note in his hands and read it once more, not wanting to believe what Tess had wrote.

It was all there. How Nasedo was killed, the FBI had all the information, all four of the teenagers were planning on leaving, and some other personal stuff. He had no idea that Tess actually liked him. Not that it mattered now, but he had actually liked her too.

Not being able to dwell on the past, he headed back up to his room, getting ready to go visit the other parts of the puzzle. And maybe get some advil...

***

Isabel watched her brother with a deep heart. He was hunched down in a ball, staring at his feet, not moving. She could see the tears running down his face and wanted to pull him into a hug, but it was all still too soon.

Instead, she looked out the backseat window and watched the scenery pass by. She felt eyes on her and looked to see Tess watching her from the front seat. She looked guitly, like she wanted to apologize, but Isabel wouldn't let her.

She returned her gaze to the window again, ignoring Tess. She hear her sigh and shift in her seat. Good. It was all her fault they were here. Isabel laid her head against the cold, hard glass as she let a little bit of the truth filter into her mind. Maybe it wasn't all Tess's fault, but she needed to blame someone.

Maybe she could blame one of the others, but she knew how hard it was for them to leave. Tess had no memories here, no past or family, or friends. She shouldn't have been able to make the choice.

A noise from her right made her look at her brother again. He had both of his hands pressed together, and Isabel could feel the static in the air. "Max...what are you doing?"

"I don't know," he managed to get out, his eyes finally looking at her.

She could tell he was having trouble dealing, but he looked like he was about to crumble and die right before her eyes.

"What's going on?" Micahel asked from the drivers seat.

Isabel ignored him and leaned over to her brother. "Max..."

"I can't control it," he admitted. "I can't control anything...I left her, and..."

Isabel felt herself start to cry again as she wrapped her brother up into a tight embrace. She could feel his shaking and held him even tighter.

"Micahel, pull over the car," Tess said, watching as the siblings cried.

"Why? What's going on?"

"Just do it!" Isabel screamed. Instantly the car was over onto the side and Max jumped out. He took a few steps before falling to the ground and rocking back and forth.

She was beside him instantly, running her hands through his hair. "Whatever it is Max, Fight it," Isabel urged.

Michael and Tess were standing behind them, watching with wide eyes as Max just sat there, numb to the world.

"Is he ok?"

"I don't know," she snapped back, making sure Tess heard all the anger in her voice. "Michael, we have to do something!"

Michael stood still for a second, then finally came and knelt on the other side of Max. "Isabel--"

"I can't lose him," she pleaded, her tears covering her whole face.

Michael nodded and they both placed their hands on his back, trying to form a connection. Isabel reached out with her mind for her brother, but there was nothing there. Just a black emptiness.

"He's blocking us," Micahel whispered. "Tess, come here and help."

A third hand was added and all three tried again. A few second later they were all connected. Isabel felt her heart constrict at the feelings that were flowing off of her brother. She could see how much he loved Liz, how hard it was to leave her, and how worried he was about her getting hurt. But what scared her the most was all the anger flowing through his veins.

As Isabel was getting ready to send him a shot of love, a burst of negative energy rocketed through the group, pushing Isabel, Michael, and Tess back out of Max's mind.

The three teenagers pulled their hands away, not wanting to believe what just happened.

"How did he..." Tess left her sentence hung in mid air, not really knowing how to phrase it.

"His powers are outta control," Michael mumbled, looking at Isabel for help.

Just then Max sat up some and looked at them. "In the car...her ring."

As soon as he got the words out, Michael was running toward the car. He didn't waste a minute, getting down on his hands and knees searching.

Isabel looked up at Tess with worried eyes, her arms around her brothers shoulders.

"Max...What's going on?" she asked again.

"I got it!!" Michael called out hastely, running back over and handing it to Isabel.

"Here Max."

He slowly reached over with a shaky and slide it on his pinky. As soon as he took another breath, the shaking stopped and he sat back up, trying to get air in his lungs.

"Thank god!" Isabel, cried, grabbing her brother up into yet another tight hug. She wasn't about to let go either.

"Max...what was that?" Michael asked.

Isabel pulled back and eyed him also, wondering what had triggered the attack.

"I'm not sure..." he admitted in a small voice.

"You knew what to do," Tess said, tucking her hand into her back pockets.

Isabel watched as her brother gazed back into the direction of Roswell, a look of hopelessness and depression etched on his face.

"You miss her?" Max looked at her and nodded. "It has to do with Liz, doesn't it?" Isabel asked, already knowing the answer.

Max looked down and rubbed his eyes. "I...I don't know...being--being near her helps."

"Maybe you should get some rest," Michael said suddenly, making Isabel jump at the sound of his voice. She could tell he wanted to talk, but knew Max needed some rest also.

"Maybe you should honey," Isabel added in a soft voice.

"I'm fine," Max said, brushing her hand away. Isabel flinched and looked away, knowing there was nothing she could do to help heal his pain.

"Max...we need your help. And if you're not at your best..." Tess said, motioning to the car.

Max sighed then finally got up, walking over and climbing into the back. Isabel gave Tess a look, saying she was grateful, but not forgiven.

"What the hell was that about?!" Michael hissed.

"He misses her."

"That I get. But what I don't get is why he's losing his mind!"

Isabel shot Michael a look and let her anger come to the top. If she needed to vent, she had just found the perfect target.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.