FanFic - Other
"Of Angels and Aliens"
Part 8
by cameraman dc
Disclaimer: I don't own anything, it does not belong to me. I am in no way associated with the WB, Jason Katims, or Melinda Metz.
Summary: The Roswell group get a little help from above.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
WEST ROSWELL HIGH

Several days had passed after Marcus's visit and the group hadn't talked about it since then. Anytime someone tried to mention it, Max quickly found a way to change the subject.

Max and Maria sat at the lunch table in the court yard.

"What's Michael been up to?" Max asked.

"I don't know," Maria said. "I was hoping you could tell me."

Max looked at her quizzically.

"He's been avoiding me again," Maria said. "It's actually worse than before, only this time it's different. It's like he's ashamed to be around me or anyone else for that matter."

"Do you think it has anything to do with Mar..." Maria tried to say.

"No," Max quickly cut her off.

"Max, we can't keep acting like it didn't happen," Maria said.

"Well for me it didn't happen," Max said.

"Max can I ask you a personal question?" Maria asked.

"Sure," Max replied.

"First bear in mind that it's your decision and I like totally respect it," Maria said. "I'm just curious."

"Okay," Max said warily, not liking the direction the conversation was going.

"Why don't you believe in God?" Maria asked.

Max thought about the question for a moment before responding to Maria.

"I just don't," Max said looking Maria in the eye.

Maria wanted to press the issue further, but decided to let it drop. The two sat in uncomfortable silence until the rest of the group showed up.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.