Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"My Season Three"
"Baby Blues"
Part 2
by Delilah Parker
Disclaimer: In no way do these characters belong to me.
Summary: Michael and Maria’s honeymoon days are cut short when they find out that Maria is pregnant. Isabel discovers that Kivar is possessing Kyle and with the help of Ava finds a way to send him back to Antar. At the same time, Max asks Liz a surprising question.
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This episode is the second chapter of my version of season three. It takes place after “Unexpected Happenings”
Scene 1

The whole gang is gathered in Michael’s living room nervously waiting for the results of Maria’s pregnancy test. Michael is sitting on the floor in front of the bathroom where Maria obviously is. Michael looks very upset.

Liz walks over to the door and knocks on it.

Liz: Maria, how are you doing?

(Maria doesn’t answer and Michael groans putting his head in his hands)

Liz: Maria, are you alright?

(Maria opens the door abruptly and Michael falls backwards hitting his head on the floor. She’s holding up the pregnancy test and is crying. She attempts to say something but breaks into an uncontrollable blabber)

(Liz opens her arms and Maria collapses in them)

(While Maria is crying Michael gets up and walks over to the two. He reaches for Maria and slowly Maria moves from Liz’s arms into his)

(Isabel motions Max out of the apartment.)

Isabel: We can’t hide this.

Max: (nods) I know.

Isabel: What do we do?

Max: (looks to Maria and Michael hugging through the window then turns back to Isabel) I don’t know.

Fade out. (Opening credits)

Scene 2

Liz, Isabel, and Max are walking down a stretch of road.

Liz: I don’t think any of us have any say in what’s going to happen, this is Michael and Maria’s situation.

Max: I know that. Do you think I don’t understand what they’re going through? I KNOW what they’re going through. I lived it!

Liz: Exactly. And we didn’t interfere with what you and Tess decided did we? No. So don’t go pulling your King crap with Maria, she doesn’t have to listen to a word you say.

Max: I didn’t say that she did!

Liz: Look Max, Maria and Michael love each other and whatever they decide to do better be their decision and not yours.

Isabel: Stop it! Stop it both of you! This isn’t about how angry you are at each other right now. This is about how scared Michael and Maria are feeling and how they need you two to be getting along! Yes, Max slept with Tess and got her pregnant. He made a mistake and is trying to put it behind him. And Yes, Liz accused us for killing Alex but she had good reason and wasn’t far off. So both of you just drop it!

(Liz and Max lower their heads in shame)

Liz: You’re right, I’m sorry.

Max: (nods) Sorry Iz.

Isabel: Good. Now that that’s out of the way, there’s something else we need to discuss. Something else Ava said that I didn’t remember right away because of everything else.

Max: What?

Isabel: I think Kivar is possessing Kyle.

Liz: What? How do you know?

Isabel: (shakes her head) I can’t be sure really, but just before Ava said she was on her way she told me that Kyle’s not Kyle anymore.

Liz: Did she actually say that he was Kivar?

Isabel: Well no, but we know Kivar’s here possessing someone and if Kyle’s not himself anymore who else could he be?

Max: We’ll keep our eyes opened.

(Isabel nods)

Liz: Did Ava mention when she would be getting here?

Isabel: (shakes her head) All she said was that she was on her way.

Liz: So maybe we should be at the Crashdown where she can find us.

Max: We have to get the jeep first.

Liz: Ok, so you get the Jeep and Isabel and I will start to town.

Max: (nods) Yeah. Ok, I’ll see you guys there then.

(Liz and Isabel begin walking towards town as Max heads towards the hill where the jeep had been thrown off.)

(Max climbs down the cliff and walks over to the jeep. He then proceeds to use his powers to fix it. After a short while the jeep is fixed completely. He climbs into it and drives to a place where he can drive out of the ditch and back onto the road.)

Scene switches to Michael’s apartment. Maria is lying on her back on his bed, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Maria: What now, Michael?

Michael: (lays down on top of her and lays his head on her stomach. He sighs loudly) I guess we decide.

Maria: (another tear roles down her cheek) What’s there to decide? We can’t have an abortion… I won’t. I don’t believe in that Michael. Alien or not, I don’t believe in that.

Michael: (closes his eyes and lets out a loud sigh) What else can we do Maria. This baby isn’t normal, and we know that. Who knows what it will turn out to be. And then our cover’s blown… for good.

Maria: This isn’t just about you, Michael.

Michael: I know that.

Maria: I don’t think you do. This is about me, you, and a baby- a baby that’s likely to be more human than alien… if alien at all.

Michael: (lifts his head from her belly and sits up) How do you know?

Maria: You’re a hybrid.

Michael: Yeah, so?

Maria: So technically, you aren’t even an alien. You are a human with alien blood cells and an alien essence. Everything else in you is human, whether you like it or not.

Michael: What’s your point?

Maria: My point is, how alien can a baby be if it’s mother is human and it’s father is a hybrid?

Michael: (lays his head back on her belly) I don’t know. (there’s fear visible in his eyes)

(Maria strokes his hair as they lay there together)

Fade Out.

Scene 3

At the Crashdown. Liz and Isabel are sitting at a booth when Sean walks in. Liz looks up and smiles. Isabel turns around.

Isabel: You have to tell me Liz, what’s going on with you and Sean Deluca?

Liz: (shakes her head) Nothing.

(Isabel doesn’t look convinced)

Sean: (approaches the two) Where’s Maria?

Liz: She’s with Michael.

Sean: She was supposed to be home two hours ago.

Liz: She’s at Michael’s, Sean. Call her there.

Sean: (obviously angry about something other than just Maria no being home on time) Can I use your phone?

Liz: (nods) Yeah, follow me.

(Liz leads Sean to the back as Isabel shoots Liz an ‘I told you so’ glance) Scene switches to the backroom of the Crashdown.

Liz: (points to the phone on the wall) It’s right there.

Sean: (marches over to the phone then suddenly turns around) What’s going on Liz?

Liz: Sean, please leave it alone already. I don’t have the energy for it anymore.

Sean: So, just tell me.

Liz: Call Maria, Sean. Just call her and leave. I’m not dealing with this anymore.

Sean: Ok then tell me this, what’s going on with Maria and Michael?

Liz: Nothing.

Sean: (purses his lips together) I know that’s a lie. Something’s going on with them I can tell.

Liz: If I tell you will you drop all the snooping around?

(Sean nods)

Liz: (hesitates) They’re having problems.

Sean: What kind of problems?

Liz: You promise you won’t say a word?

Sean: I won’t say a thing. I won’t even mention it to Maria.

Liz: (motions Sean closer) Maria’s pregnant.

Sean: (looks furious) What?!

Liz: You promised Sean. You can’t say anything to anyone about this. You don’t know what’ll happen if you do.

Sean: (shakes his head in anger) I knew that boyfriend of hers was a bad seed.

Liz: Oh yeah, you should talk.

Sean: So what are they going to do about it?

Liz: (shakes her head) They don’t know yet.

Sean: They aren’t thinking about keeping it are they? Amy would disown Maria.

Liz: I don’t know Sean, but you have to keep this secret. Please, it’s so important that Maria doesn’t know you know.

Sean: (after a long while nods) I promise I won’t tell.

Liz: (smiles) Thank you.

Scene switches to the front of the Crashdown.

Ava walks in.

Isabel smiles and walks over to her. They embrace.

Ava: Where’s Liz?

Isabel: She’s getting Maria’s cousin off of our backs for a little while. She’ll be out in a second. Let’s go sit down.

(Isabel leads Ava to the booth her and Liz had been sitting at.)

Isabel: Kivar’s possessing Kyle isn’t he?

Ava: (nods) Yeah.

Isabel: So what do we do?

Ava: I know a way to send him back. It’ll be hard though and it’s only me and you who can do it.

Isabel: What about Max and Michael?

Ava: Their powers won’t do any good. We need to get into his head. Only you and I can do that.

(Isabel nods)

(Liz and Sean re-enter the Crashdown from the back)

Liz: ( spots Ava and runs over to her) Ava!

(Ava stands and the two embrace)

(Sean looks confused.)

Sean: I thought your name was Tess.

Ava: (squints her eyes and looks to Isabel and Liz. She turns back to Sean.) No. Tess is my… twin sister.

Sean: (nods slowly, checking out her hair and clothes) Were you two separated at birth?

Ava: (smiles slightly) Something like that.

Sean: It’s was nice to meet you but I have to get going. (shoots Liz a knowing look and begins towards the door)

Liz: (calls after him) Sean!

(Sean turns around)

Liz: (hesitates) Do you… want to do something tonight?

Sean: Yeah. (smiles) I’ll come by around eight.

(Sean leaves the Crashdown and the three take a seat)

Isabel: What was that about?

Liz: (shrugs) It’s just my way of helping Maria get him off her back.

Isabel: (doesn’t look convinced) Sure it is.

(Liz looks as though she’s about to argue with that statement but Ava interrupts)

Ava: We don’t have much time. If we are going to send Kivar back to Antar it has to be tonight.

Liz: How?

Ava: I’m going to mind warp him.

(Liz shudders and Isabel grimaces)

Ava: What?

Liz: Tess killed Alex that way.

Ava: I’m sorry, I didn’t know.

Isabel: (forces a smile) It’s ok. We’re moving past it.

(Liz nods)

Ava: I guess I don’t have to explain how it’s going to work then.

Isabel: (shakes her head) We know too well.

Liz: You won’t hurt Kyle right?

Ava: (shakes her head) I’ll keep it all in Kivar’s head. I promise.

(Liz nods)

Isabel: So do you have a place to stay?

Ava: (shakes her head) I don’t really care where I sleep. I’m not staying long anyway.

Liz: What? Why not? We need you here Ava.

Ava: (smiles a half smile) No you don’t.

Liz: (shakes her head persistently) Trust me, we do.

Isabel: What are you talking about Liz?

Liz: (shakes her head) I can’t say.

(Ava and Isabel turn to each other in confusion)

Ava: (turning back to Liz) Why can’t you say?

Isabel: Since when do you keep secrets from us Liz?

Liz: (looks regretful for saying what she did) It’s not a secret as much as knowledge I can’t tell.

(Max walks in)

Liz: (turns to Isabel and Ava in a panic) Don’t say a thing to Max and I promise I’ll tell both of you later.

Isabel: What’s this about Liz?

Liz: (shoots Isabel a pleading look) Please.

(Isabel hesitates for a moment then nods)

(Max approaches the three girls)

Max: Hey.

(Max looks to Ava then quickly turns away. He turns to face Isabel and Liz)

Max: The jeep’s fixed.

Isabel: Good, cause we’re going to need it tonight.

Max: Tonight?

(Liz looks to Ava. Ava acknowledges the look and quickly jumps into the conversation)

Ava: We know how to send Kivar back. (she touches his arm softly.)

(In a quick flash Max sees Ava and Zan. Images of her and him sharing moments together but he feels Zan’s emotions about her and knows that he didn’t love her. He then sees Lonnie and Rath kill Zan and feels Ava’s horror. Max breaks out of the flash and looks confused for a moment)

(Liz looks to Isabel in a worried way)

Ava: I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.

Max: (takes a seat beside Liz and across from Ava) I didn’t know.

(Liz and Isabel look to each other in confusion)

Isabel: What did you see Max?

Ava: (looks down sadly) He saw Zan.

(Max nods)

(Liz and Isabel nod in realization)

Fade Out.

Scene 4

At the Evans’ home later that day. Isabel is talking to her mother in the kitchen.

Isabel: It’ll only be for a couple of weeks until she can’t get back on her feet.

Diane: I don’t mind her staying Isabel. You’re friends are more than welcome here, but I’m confused as to why she’s here.

Isabel: (takes a seat at the table across from her mother) Tess and Ava didn’t grow up together. She’s lived her whole life in New York… with her mother- Mrs. Harding. But then, just a couple of weeks ago Mrs. Harding died and now Ava’s looking for Tess (who she just found out existed when her mother died) so now she’s here. And well, Tess isn’t so I really think that while she figures out her next step it would be a good idea for her to stay here rather than live on the streets.

Diane: But Isabel, you hardly know this girl.

Isabel: She’s a good person Mom, trust me.

Diane: (smiles) I do trust you Isabel but I can’t make a decision until we talk to your father.

Isabel: (forces a smile) Ok.

Scene switches to Isabel’s room. Max and Ava are sitting on her bed.

Max: Does it hurt you to see me?

Ava:(pauses for a moment)Well, does it hurt YOU to see me?

Max: (nods) A little. I’m just so pissed at her you know? But I know you two aren’t the same person, it’s just that I can’t help thinking about how mad I am at her when I see you.

Ava: (nods) I feel the same way when I see Michael and Isabel sometimes.

Max: How do you get past it?

Ava: I remind myself how different they are from Lonnie and Rath, how different they’ll always be. And it makes me feel better.

(Max says nothing for a long time)

Max: But how do you make yourself realize that it won’t happen again? You know, that history won’t repeat itself?

Ava: You already know Max. The answer is inside you. You can feel it can’t you?

Max: (nods) I feel it. But I don’t know if I can trust it.

Ava: (smiles a half smile) Trust your heart Max, follow it always, cause that’s what will make you a great king.

(Isabel walks in)

Isabel: Mom says that we have to see what Dad says first but I think it’s going to be ok.

Max: Good.

Isabel: Have you spoken to Liz yet?

Max: (shakes his head) No, why?

Isabel: We thought it might be best for her to lead Kyle here while Ava and I prepare.

Max: (shakes his head) It’s too dangerous.

Isabel: Max, we need to do this. There’s no other way.

Max: There has to be another way.

Isabel: There isn’t. Have you told Michael yet?

Max: (hesitates) I called him and he said he would be here but he didn’t say when and he didn’t seem like he wanted to.

Isabel: That’s to be expected.

Max: (shrugs) I guess. (there’s a long pause) Where’s Liz now?

Ava: I think she’s out with Sean.

Max: Oh. Did she say when she was going to help us with Kivar.

Isabel: We didn’t ask her yet. We were going to call her after we spoke to you.

Max: Are you sure she will? I mean, if she’s out with Sean she might not want to be bothered.

Isabel: (shoots Max a strange look) She wants to help us Max. She’s just keeping Sean off of Maria’s back for a little while… It’s nothing more than that.

Max: (shrugs) It doesn’t matter, all that matters right now is sending Kivar back to Antar and getting on with our lives.

(Isabel and Ava shoot each other a knowing look.)

Ava: What about your son?

Max: What does that have to do with this? And besides, there’s nothing I can do about my son, he’s on a completely different planet and I can’t get to him no matter what I do.

Ava: So you’ve just put it behind you?

Max: I have no other choice.

Ava: Give it time Max. You might just find yourself with another choice.

Scene switches to Michael’s Apartment.

Maria is in her pj’s and making supper in the kitchen. Michael is sitting at the counter watching her.

Maria: (turns to look at Michael) Are you mad?

Michael: No, Why?

Maria: You haven’t spoken to me all afternoon.

Michael: I’m not mad, I just don’t know what to say.

Maria: Well I don’t know either. But it’s not going to go away just because we aren’t talking about it.

Michael: (looks slightly annoyed) I just need time with the idea, Maria ok? I don’t know what to do. We could be making a big mistake, one that might get the FBI back on our tracks, and you just want to disregard that cause you don’t believe in abortion! It pisses me off, alright! I think you’re being selfish.

Maria: I’m being selfish?

Michael: Yeah. I think you should at least consider the abortion for us- Max, Iz, and I. I mean what happened to Max in the White Room could happen to me, or Isabel, or even our baby. Do you really want to take that chance?

Maria: (lets out an exasperated scream and allows herself to slide to the floor down the cupboard. She begins to cry) I can’t believe this is happening to me! Oh God, I just don’t know what to do! I always said that if I ever got pregnant at seventeen I wouldn’t have an abortion no matter what. I said I would give it up for adoption if I couldn’t keep it and now… now everything’s different and I don’t know what to do!

(Michael walks over to Maria who’s sitting up against the counter wiping away her tears with her sleeve. He sits next to her, puts his arm around her, and pulls her to him)

Michael: I’m sorry Maria , I didn’t mean it. I should have thought about what I was saying before I said it. I know you’re under a lot of pressure right now and it was wrong for me to think that this wasn’t about you too.

Maria: (still crying as she speaks) I don’t know what to do Michael. And I can’t think of anything to make it better. It’s like I’m stuck in this nightmare that I can’t wake up from. I just feel so helpless.

Michael: I know. (he closed his eyes for a couple of seconds then opens them again) Let’s give it a day for now. Let’s give it one day and then maybe tomorrow we’ll be secure enough to give it another. We’ll take it day by day. No one says we have to make a decision right now.

(Maria nods and cries into his chest. He wraps his arms around her and kisses the top of her head.)

Michael: I love you Maria. I know I don’t say it much but I do. I just wanted you to know that.

Maria: (keeping her head on his chest) I love you too Michael. And I’m glad it’s you that I’m going through this with.

Michael: (half smiles for a moment) I’m glad too.

(Telephone rings. Michael gets up to answer it)

Michael: Yeah?

Scene switches to Max in Isabel’s room.

Max: Hey, it’s me.

Scene switches to Michael.

Michael: Not right now Maxwell. I’m in the middle of something.

Scene switches to Max.

Max: We need to do this tonight Michael. Are you going to help or not?

Scene switches to Michael.

Michael: (somewhat annoyed) Well then I guess I’m not. Listen Max, I’ve got a situation here and maybe to you it doesn’t seem like much compared to your enemy being here and all, but right now, to me, it is. So just leave me alone and I’ll talk to you tomorrow. (slams the phone down)

Scene switches to Isabel’s room.

Max: (looks to Isabel and Ava) He hung up on me.

Isabel: (smirks) What did you expect Max? Did you expect him to just forget about Maria and come running? Would you do that to Liz?

Max: I’m not with Liz.

Isabel: But if you were, would you leave her when she needs you most?

Max: Of course not.

Isabel: So why do you expect Michael to? (there’s a moment of silence)

Ava: Liz and Kyle will be here soon. We should get ready.

Isabel: (nods) Yeah, let’s get started. (she shoots Max one last look before turning her full attention to Ava)

Scene 5

Liz and Sean are walking down a street in town.

Liz: I’m sorry that I have to cancel Sean. I really did want to go out with you tonight.

Sean: It’s ok Liz. Can we make a new date?

Liz: (looks up to Sean and smiles brightly) Sure.

Sean: (returns the smile) Ok. So I’ll call you sometime then.

Liz: (nods) Ok.

(They continue to walk for a moment in uncomfortable silence.)

Liz: Well, I should get going to Kyle’s.

Sean: (nods) Yeah, ok. I should get going to Michael’s anyway. See if Maria’s going to come home tonight.

Liz: You won’t say anything about her being pregnant right?

Sean: (shakes his head) I promise.

Liz: Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow Sean.

(Liz and Sean separate in the street and Liz quickly walks towards the Valenti’s home but before she reaches it, Kyle sneaks up from behind her. He puts his hand on her shoulder and she spins around quickly.)

Liz: (extremely surprised) Kyle! Hey… I was just on my way to your place. We’re going to the movies tonight-all of us-I was just coming to get you.

Kyle: (looks confused) Why didn’t you call?

Liz: Well, I was walking with Sean towards Michael’s- he’s going to get Michael and Maria- and I just decided I would come and get you now to save some time. But I guess you weren’t home… where were you?

Kyle: (still looking confused) Picking up supper. (he shows her a bag of groceries in his hand) Dad’s been kind of slacking off lately when it comes to his responsibilities. Plus, Amy hasn’t been calling lately either and he thinks doing nothing but laying on the couch for days at a time is going to somehow miraculously make it all better.

Liz: (purses her lips together and looks at him closely) Kyle? Is it really you?

Kyle: yeah… (looks at Liz suspiciously) What’s going on Liz?

(Liz looks at Kyle for a long time in a state of wonder)

Liz: When we were going out last year Kyle, why didn’t we stay together?

Kyle: (Looks at Liz like she’s crazy) What the hell are you talking about Liz? Me and you weren’t going out last year… it was the year before. And you broke up with me, remember?

Liz: (smiles brightly) It IS you.

Kyle: Yeah… Are you ok Liz?

Liz: I’m fine. Let’s get going, there’s something I need to tell you. (she begins to walk towards Max and Isabel’s place)

Kyle: But what about my supper?

Liz: Eat it on the way. (still far ahead of him)

Kyle: (calls after her) But it needs to be cooked first!

Scene switches Michael’s place.

Maria is still in her pj’s and laying on the couch with blankets pulled up to her chin.

Michael is sitting on the floor playing Sony PlayStation.

Maria: Michael, could we please watch some TV now? I’m getting tiered of watching you die over and over again.

Michael: I’m not dying. I’m developing strategy.

Maria: Well whatever it is that you’re doing, could you stop for a bit so I can watch some TV.

Michael: (sighs) Yeah. (shuts of the PlayStation)

(There’s a knock at the door)

Michael: I’ll get it.

(Maria is already flipping through the channels contently)

(he opens the door and Sean is standing in the doorway)

Michael: Hey Sean.

Sean: Hey. Is Maria around? (doesn’t look Michael in the eye)

Michael: (opens the door to let Sean in) Yeah, come in.

Maria: (sits up on the couch) Sean, What are you doing here?

Sean: Aunt Amy asked me to come by and get you.

Maria: Tell her I’m staying at Liz’s tonight and to call me on the cell if she needs me.

Sean: Are you?

Maria: Does it matter?

Sean: Damn right it matters. God, Maria! Do you think your mom’s an idiot? Do you actually think she’ll fall for another one of your made-up stories, and not know that you’re off with Michael somewhere?

Maria: I’ve reached the point, Sean, where I just don’t care. Tell her anything! Tell her I was abducted by aliens if you want! I don’t care. Just tell her something and leave me alone.

Sean: Aunt Amy told me to get you home and if I didn’t she would come here and get you herself. Or does that matter to you?

(Maria looks over at Michael who looks very concerned. There is a long pause)

Maria: Fine. Go wait outside, I’ll be out in a minute.

Sean: (nods) Ok.

(Sean leaves the apartment, once he does, Maria turns to Michael)

Maria: She’s getting nosier. I don’t know how to hide anything from her anymore.

Michael: At least it’s only our relationship that bothers her and not my alien status, you know?

Maria: (nods) For now anyway. (she hugs Michael) I’ll call you tomorrow Michael.

(Michael nods and Kisses Maria on the lips)

(Maria grabs her jacket and quickly gathers her things. She leaves the apartment.)

Scene switches to Isabel’s bedroom. Ava, Isabel are sitting on the bed, Max is sitting on the chair.

(A knock comes on the window. And Max turns around to open it quickly)

Max: Hi.

Liz: You guys, we need to talk.

Isabel: What’s going on Liz?

Kyle: (climbs through the window) That’s what I’d like to know.

(Max gets ready to use some sort of power on Kyle)

Liz: No Max! He’s not Kivar. Not anymore anyway. I asked him personal questions. Things Kivar couldn’t know, I’m telling you I’m right about this.

Kyle: (looks confused) You thought I was Kivar?

Ava: You were possessed by him. I know you were possessed by him.

Kyle: Well… (he pauses for a moment) Now that you mention it, I noticed the past days have been a blur. How come you didn’t tell me??

Isabel: We were trying to find a way to stop it. But now he’s gone and… it’s almost too easy.

Max: If he just left like that then why did he bother coming? Why didn’t he reveal himself to us?

Liz: I’m not sure Max, but I think I know.

(They all look at her expectantly)

Liz: I think it’s about Tess and your son. I think it’s all just a plan so Tess can sneak back without being seen. I mean, Kivar still wants all of you returned to him right?

(Max nods)

Liz: Kivar was here to find a way to make sure she didn’t fail this time.

Isabel: It makes sense.

Ava: It does but it’s hard to say for sure.

Liz: I feel I’m right about this. I know it deep down.

Max: So I guess we work on a new plan then. How to capture Tess once she resurfaces.

(The group nods)

Max: We’ll talk to Michael tomorrow about it. Until then let’s relax and enjoy the rest of the night.

Kyle: Can I go home now?? I’m starving and I still haven’t had supper.

Liz: (laughs) Yeah Kyle. We’ll see you tomorrow and don’t be surprised if we ask you really crazy questions during the next couple of days. It’s just to make sure he hasn’t come back, you know?

Kyle: (nods and smiles) I know. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.

(Kyle leaves the room through the window)

Liz: I’m going to get going too. Check on Maria. Make sure everything’s ok.

(She starts out the window)

Max: Liz, wait. (Max follows her and she turns around) Can I talk to you for a second? Alone?

Liz: (hesitates) Sure.

(They begin out of Isabel’s room.)

Scene switches to Max and Liz entering his room. Max turns on the light switch and they go inside. He closes the door behind them and Liz takes a seat on the bed.

Max: We’ve never really had an opportunity to talk… about everything.

Liz: I know. I’ve been avoiding it. The truth is Max, I’m not sure if I want to talk about everything. I’m not sure of anything anymore.

Max: (takes a seat on the bed beside her) I’m sure of one thing Liz. Being with you has kept me strong. And I WILL do whatever it takes to make you realize that what happened with Tess was a mistake, one that I’ll have to live with for the rest of my life, and I’ve accepted that. But I couldn’t bear to go on without you.

Liz: It’s not that easy Max. We can’t just go back to the way things were and pretend that everything that’s happened hasn’t. It doesn’t work that way.

Max: I miss you Liz.

Liz: (nods) I miss you too.

Max: So let’s start fresh Liz. Let’s put everything that’s happened behind us and… create our own destiny. That’s what we always said be we didn’t trust where it would take us. We didn’t follow our heart and we should have… I should have. But it’s not too late, I realize that now.

Liz: We can’t go back Max. Not because I don’t want to but because too much has happened and we can’t.

Max: I’m not asking you to go back, I’m asking you to start over… I’m asking you to take my hand and hold onto it for better or for worst. (he puts his hand out in front of Liz and she takes it.) I’m asking you to spend the rest of your life with me…( He gets down on one knee while she continues to sit on bed. She covers her mouth with her hand in shock) Liz Parker, would you do me the honor of being my wife?

(Liz looks around quickly in a state of shock as Max continues to hold her hand waiting for her reply)

(Suddenly Liz gets a flash of everything her and Max had been through for better or for worst) (After the flash is done Liz speaks)

Liz: (whisper) For better or for worst. (she looks Max in the eyes) Yes.

Max: (smiles) Yes?

Liz: (nods crying and smiling at the same time) Yes. (more sure this time) I love you Max. And YES I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

(Liz reaches for the back of Max’s head and pulls his face to hers. They kiss.)

Max: (interrupts the kiss) I want you to wear the necklace. The one I gave you when I thought I was leaving.

(Liz nods)

Max: Until I can get you the perfect ring.

(Liz smiles and a tear roles down her cheek. Liz and Max kiss again long and loving. In the background Enrique Iglesias’ Hero plays in the background.)

Zoom out, Fade out.

End

Part 1 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.