FanFic - Other
"Moral Quandary"
"THE BRUNT OF YOUR CHOICES"
Part 2
by Em
Disclaimer: Ain't mine, but sue me, I dare ya. All you will get is a shiny nickel and a p.o.s. computer.
Summary: Maria has to make a choice without a solution that leaves everyone happily ever after.
Category: Other
Rating: R
All the blood. Blood everywhere, as the doctors split open Liz's stomach, Maria never knew blood could be pink until she saw it pooling around her best friend.

'At least she can't feel it, at least she's unconscious.' Was Maria's reassurance. That reassurance was shot to hell when the baby was out.

The second the baby's cord was cut, Liz's eyes flew open and she started to scream, the most raw and painfilled screams that no one who wasn't currently living in hell would want to hear.

"LIZ baby please calm down, shh shhh LIZ! OH MY GOD PLEASE DO SOMETHING PLEASE!" Maria shrieked, holding on to Liz's hand.

" MARIA! MARIA I- "

CLICK

All of a sudden Liz crashed back on the pillow eyes still wide open, never to be able to finish her sentence.

The abruptness of the suddenly quiet room startled Maria.

"Liz...Liz babe, are you okay? Liz please, talk to me, TALK TO ME, finish your sentence Liz, please, what were you going to say Liz, please WHAT??"

"DO SOMETHING! Help her! Wake her up! She was going ::sob:: to tell me something! Please, help her!" Maria begged.

"We cannot help her now. She is gone- we pulled the life support." The doctor said sadly.

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOUR DO THAT! She was alive! She was TALKING to me! What the fuck is your problem?!" Maria screeched.

"SHE WAS NOT ALIVE! That I'm afraid was all natural! She was experiencing the PAIN of having everything that baby was doing to her CUT out of her, and the fact that she had all of her innards exposed to us, might be some other pain she was experiencing!"

"YOU ARE AN ALIEN, HEAL HER! YOU FUCKING CUT HER OFF BEFORE SHE COULD FINISH TALKING TO ME! WHY?" Maria yelled in pain and confusion.

"I CAN'T HEAL HER! IF I DID, THE GIRL YOU HAVE KNOWN ALL YOUR LIFE WOULD BE A VEGETABLE RIGHT NOW! And what would happen if she finished her sentence HUH? What if she said to you to tell Max she loves him, you would feel the never ending guilt that that was her last words- last words she had to say because of your choice- and you would feel betrayed because she didn't say anything to you, her best friend." The doctor yelled.

"What if she said that she loved you? What would you do then? What if she reminisced with you about good old times, and you would have to live for the rest of your life knowing that your friend was dead because of you and you couldn't do those things that best friends do, because it was your CHOICE." The doctor continued.

"WHAT IF SHE SAID SHE HATED YOU!? What if she said she was in so much pain! What if she asked why you would do this to her, because she would never do this to you! You would have never forgiven yourself and you would eventually gone insane, so don't yell at me because I've seen it happen! You have to keep your sanity in check for her son. You will have to take care of it, because his mother can't." The doc finished in a long breath.

"I WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT LIZ SAID BECAUSE YOU THINK I'M SOME NUTCASE THAT WILL GO INSANE AND NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF MY *DEAD* FRIENDS CHILD! What the fuck kind of person are you?! I would never, NEVER put my best friends child in jeopardy!" Maria shouted back after his long scenario.

"Ms. Deluca, it is now your job to take this child. Take this child and name it Max after his father. Go back to Roswell, and tell the other four what happened. Tell them that this child is our savior. You must train him Maria, train him and have the 3 aliens teach him powers. We will come for him in exactly 16 years from now. Do you understand. You chose to save us- now you have to finish the job."

All Maria did was nod. She would do this, for Liz. Somehow she knew that Liz would have wanted it this way. And she would never, ever let her down.

Once Maria got to the crash down with little baby Max, she was bombarded with four worried, scared shitless people. Well, one person and three aliens.

"OH MY GOD MARIA we thought you would never come back!" Isabel said.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU TWO LEAVE ME! I was scared to death! I'm so glad your back!" Alex yelled.

"YOU WILL NEVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN, WHY DID YOU LEAVE WHEN I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO?!" Michael shouted in a worried tone, while pulling her in a hug.

"I'm so glad your ok! Where's Liz?"

That statement just touched a nerve and Maria started to bawl uncontrollably -which set off the baby.

"Um- Max, I'm gonna talk to Maria alone in the back ok?"

"Yeah sure.." Max said distractedly while staring at the baby.

*In the back room*

"Ok Maria, what the hell, WHY DO YOU HAVE A KID AND WHY DID YOU LEAVE AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO LIZ?"

"FUCK YOU MICHAEL don't you dare yell at me after your stupid fucking people killed LIZ"

"WHAT?! Liz is dead! AND HOW DARE YOU CALL MY PEOPLE STUPID?!"

"BECAUSE THEY MADE ME CHOOSE! They said that I had to choose between saving Liz, or saving her child that is supposed to save your fucking planet! I HAD TO GIVE THE OK TO KILL MY BEST FRIEND BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING RACE AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN LET HER FINISH THE SENTENCE TO ME!" Maria shouted getting out all of her aggressions to these chains of events. She didn't really blame them, but she had to blame something, and this they were an easy target.

"HEY THAT IS MY FAMILY! They did what they had to do! What's Liz, to a whole future of my people!

"Your defending them! YOUR DEFENDING THE PEOPLE THAT MADE ME KILL LIZ!"

"Well your the one that gave the ok to kill her" Michael stated plainly.

"Yeah that's my role right! You save people and I kill them right! WHERE THE FUCK WAS MY SAVIOR WHEN LIZ WAS SCREAMING IN ALL THE PAIN SHE WAS IN!"

"WELL YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS YOUR FAULT! IF YOU TWO HADN'T JUST LEFT ALL OF US WE COULD HAVE HELPED HER! YOU FUCKING MURDERER!" Right when Michael said that he instantly wanted to die. He was mad, and would say just about anything. He meant none of it.

He also didn't see the hard as steel right hook that sent him crashing to the floor.

"FUCK YOU I saved your planet and if your EVER talk to me again I will beat you to death." She said in a deathly calm voice.

"You know, you keep telling me your not human, but I never thought you really where a monster." Maria said before she ran to baby Max and left.

"FUCK!" Michael screamed on the floor, his hands covering his face.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.