FanFic - Other
"Misteltoe Kisses and Eggnog Nightmares"
Part 2
by YoshiBouncer
Disclaimer: TBTB own all Roswell characters..blah blah. Only two new characters in the story are under my power.
Summary: This takes place after the "Max in the City" storyline and mostly focuses on the relationships of Max/Liz and with a good touch of Michael/Maria. There will be some interesting sci fi twists and several Roswell characters from the past will reappear.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I know I leave the ending open with some unanswered questions, but I've really haven't thought about continuing on since this was just a nice and fun holiday story. Written 12/07/00
Inside the Evan’s kitchen…

( Mrs. Evans is baking cookies when Max and Isabel walk in. )

Mrs. Evans : Hey guys, you’re home just in time for some homemade cookies.

Isabel : It’s not from the Martha Stewart catalog again is it?

Mrs. Evans : No, this is your grandma’s recipe.

( The oven timer goes off. )

Max : Mom, I got it.

Mrs. Evans : Thanks honey.

( Max goes to get the cookie sheet out )

Mrs. Evans : About Christmas, do any of you want to invite some special friend over?

Isabel : Mom..

Mrs. Evans : What? I think that since it’s the holidays, your father and I should at least get to know some of your friends more. Max, how about that girl that you seem to be getting along with these days, what was her name again? Tess right?

Max : Uh..we’re just friends.

Mrs. Evans : Okay, well then how about Liz?

Max : I’ll work on it.

Mrs. Evans : Good, so Isabel honey? Do you want to invite Alex over?

( Max starts smiling over at Isabel now. )

Isabel : Um, I think Alex’s family would want to spend Christmas with their son.

( Luckily, the doorbell rang at the house. )

Isabel : I got it!

( Isabel rushes out to open the door. )

Isabel : Tess, hey.

Tess : Hey Isabel.

Isabel : Is something up?

Tess : No, I just thought that I’d hang out with you and Max..if that’s okay of course.

Isabel : Sure, yeah…come on in.

Tess : Thanks

( Max and Mrs. Evans walk out to the living room to find Tess. )

Tess : Hi Mrs. Evans..Max.

Mrs. Evans : Hi, it’s nice to see again. We were just talking about..

Max : Mom, I think the next batch are ready now.

( Mrs. Evans goes back into the kitchen as Max walks over to Tess. )

Max : Hey Tess, is something up?

Tess : Why does something have to be up for me to come by? Can’t I just drop by for no reason? It’s not like I know anyone else in this town.

Max : No, it’s fine.

Tess : Okay then.

Isabel : You want something to drink Tess?

Tess : Anything would be fine.

( Isabel goes into the kitchen while Tess walks over to the Evan’s Christmas tree. )

Tess : It’s really beautiful.

Max : Yeah, it’s all Isabel’s work. It has to be just right or else we’ll have to stay up all night to make it perfect.

Tess : I really never had a real family Christmas thing going on.

Max : It must have been hard with Nasedo.

Tess : But when you grow up not having it, there’s nothing to miss ya know? Now, I finally feel like I’m part of something, of a real family.

( Tess looks up at Max with a smile. )

Max : Tess, I think we need to talk.

( Max and Tess go to sit down at the couch. )

Max : You’ve been a really good friend to me these past weeks and I really appreciate all of the support that you’ve given me. But, uh..

Tess : There’s nothing more than friendship right?

Max : Yeah..I’m sorry, I mean, if I lead you on or anything. I didn’t mean to.

Tess : No you didn’t. I guess I was feeling a little too hopeful, but all of this time I knew that you still love Liz. I see it in your eyes and I’ve come to terms with it. I mean, even Liz doing something like sleeping with Kyle couldn’t make you turn away from her..it really shows how much she means to you and I’ve finally realized it.

Max : I’m glad and I hope you’re okay with it.

Tess : Sure, but we’re still friends right?

Max : Yeah, of course.

Later that evening in Michael’s apartment…

( There’s knock on the door and Michael opens it to find Maria. )

Maria : Look, I just came over to tell you that I’ll be singing at the church tonight. And I’m not forcing you to go because I hope that you would have the heart to just go without thinking twice. Not because I asked you to, because you want to and also because…I need you there.

( Maria starts choking up with tears. )

Maria : Ya know, I just want to sing and have a smile on my face knowing that you’re out there sitting in the crowd being proud of me and saying, "Hey, that’s my girlfriend up there." and because once in awhile I’d like to know that you care enough about me that I’d be your number one priority. Is that too much to ask?

( Michael goes to hug Maria. )

Michael : If I didn’t care enough about you, do you think my apartment would look like this?

( Maria starts giggling looking at Michael’s very decorative and lighted apartment. )

Michael : I have something to show you.

( Michael takes Maria’s hand and leads her to the Christmas tree that he got, now decorated and points up to the angel at the top of the tree. )

Maria : Yeah, what about it?

Michael : Take a closer look.

( Maria takes a good look at the angel and a big smile is on your face when she sees that the angel is actually a sculpture of her. )

Maria : Awww..Michael…

Michael : Yes, handmade by Michael..again. I know I don’t always show it and I can be an ass sometimes.

Maria : Sometimes?

Michael : Okay, most of the time. But, what I’m trying to say is that you’re like my little angel who looks after me and I don’t think I could’ve made it this far without you.

( Maria puts her arms around Michael’s waist and they lean in for a kiss. )

At the church that evening…

( Maria is singing ‘O Holy Night’ along with the choir up on stage with a smile on her face. The church isn’t that crowded, only faces here and there. Among the familiar faces are Alex, Isabel, Michael and Max. Max turns around to look at the back of the church and sees Liz walking in. The gang looks up to see Max get up to leave. )

Max : Liz..hey

Liz : Hey, um..I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and um..

Michael : Shhhsshh! My girlfriend is singing up there.

Max : Let’s go outside.

( Liz nods her head and they both go outside. Liz takes out a small wrapped box from her jacket pocket and hands it to Max. )

Max : What is it?

Liz : Your Christmas present.

( It occurs to Max that this wasn’t the same gift he saw lying on Liz’s bed before. )

Max : It’s not even Christmas yet.

Liz : Just open it Max.

( Max unwraps the gift and opens it up to find the knife that he gave Liz back and stares at Liz speechless with his teary eyes. Liz : Ya know Max, you don’t give presents back even if you’re hurting because it’s just not right. I mean, what’s the point of giving presents if people just end up giving it back. And when you gave it back to me, it really hurt me, not just because it was something that I gave you from my heart, but it was because I thought that this was it…that I lost you for good.

( Liz cries unable to hold her tears back )

Liz : And I don’t want to lose you Max because you mean everything to me. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to be with someone they love, not just any kind of love, but love that defies everything. We have that and I’m not ready to let it go, I don’t want to, and I don’t want to let you go because I love you and that will never change. I know you said that I need to trust you and I do, it’s just that I’m afraid to take that risk and if something goes wrong, it’s going to be my fault.

( Max pulls Liz close to him as she buries her face into his chest. )

Max : We’ll do this together Liz, I promise you….everything’s going to be alright.

( Liz looks up at Max as he wipes away the tears from her eyes and she nods her head. )

Meanwhile at the Crashdown…

( Kyle and Tess are at a booth having a good time talking and eating dinner. The door opens up and the two strangers from New York enter the café. The girl immediately spots Tess sitting at the table and looks shocked, nudging the guy with her elbows. )

Girl : Look over there..does that blond curly haired chick look familiar to you?

Guy : Holy crap, but it can’t be.

Girl : Let’s go find out.

( The two strangers walk over to the table and both Tess and Kyle look up at them oddly. )

Kyle : Can we help you?

Guy : ( Ignores Kyle ) Hey..

Tess : Hey right back at cha. Do I know you?

Girl : Maybe…you sure look familiar to us.

Tess : I’m sorry, I really don’t remember. And your names are?

Girl : Val

Guy : Cody

Tess : Yeah, those definitely don’t sound familiar.

Val : And you are?

Tess : Tess

Val : Oh, okay..Tess. It’s Tess Cody.

Cody : Right, sorry about the mistake. Are you sure you don’t have a twin out there?

( Val and Cody both look at each other pretending to laugh. )

Tess : Uh..no no. It’s just one of me. It’s okay.

( Val leans in closer to Tess and grabs a hold of her arms. )

Val : Oh and one more thing, we were wondering if you know where we can find Max.

Tess : ( nervous and scared look on her face ) Max? I don’t know a Max.

Kyle : Hey! What are you doing? Let go of her!

( Cody pushes Kyle back into his seat. )

Cody : Calm down man, no one’s going to get hurt. We just want to know where Max is.

Tess : Like I said before, I don’t know a Max.

Val : Listen, we’re old friends of Max and we really need to find him.

Cody : We’re just here to help him out.

Tess : You’re lying, how can you be old friends of Max if he’s lived here his whole life and you two certainly don’t look like you’re from Roswell.

Val : Hey, wait a minute here..I thought you didn’t know Max. Come on, scoot over, my legs are killing me.

( Val pushes Tess inside the booth and sits down next to her while Cody does the same, next to Kyle. )

Kyle : Who are you two?

Cody : Would you believe us if we told you?

Kyle : No

Cody : Then what’s the point of telling you then?

( Cody grabs a french fry and sticks it in his mouth. )

Val : Look, you seem like a good person, a friend of Max. So, I understand that you’re being protective of him because you don’t even know who we are. I mean, we could be..

Cody : The FBI

Val : Oooooohh ( Val makes a scary face at Cody. ) But, we’re not.

Cody : But, we know who you are.

( Val points her fingers at Tess’s chest smiling. )

Val : On the inside..

( Right then, the front door to the Crashdown opens and Max, Liz, Maria and Alex walk in. )

Tess : Max! Get out of here!

( Max, Liz, Maria and Alex all look at the two strangers sitting next to a frightened Kyle and Tess and they all burst back out of the door running. )

Cody : Damn, which one of those two is Max?

Val : I’ll get the tall slinky one.

( Val and Cody both jump out of their seats and run out of the café. )

Out in the streets….

( Alex and Maria are both walking around trying to hide. )

Maria : Are they skins? Bu, I thought they’re wiped out.

Alex : Maybe they’re a different breed.

( Someone grabs Alex’s shoulder from behind causing him to scream like a girl. Maria and Alex both turn around to see Val.)

Val : Hey

Maria : Ahhhhh! Alex!

Val : Alex?

( Alex kicks Val in the shins and starts running off with Maria. )

Val : Ouch! And I barely even touched you.

( Val starts chasing after Maria and Alex. As she runs, she starts to gain speed in quite an excess and before Maria and Alex could see, she is standing in front of them. )

Alex : What the hell?

Val : Hey, I come in peace dude. I’m not hear to hurt you. I just need to find Max.

( Maria and Alex start running back the other way. )

Val : What’s wrong with these people?

( Val sees a Christmas light hanging across the light poles and with her powers, pulls it down. Then she swings the rope around and wraps it around Maria and Alex, pulling them back.)

Maria : ( looks up to see Michael and Isabel passing by ) Michael!

Val : Damn it! They’ve got doubles too?

( Michael and Isabel both run over to try and rescue Maria and Alex.)

Michael : Maria!

Isabel : Alex!

( Michael raises his hand and with his powers tries to knock one of the light poles down over Val. Val quickly ducks out of the way and Isabel knocks her back, smashing into the wall. Maria and Alex both try to untangle themselves free and then run over to Michael and Isabel. )

Michael : Who is she?

Maria : An alien.

Alex : The bad kind..

( Cody walks by and sees Val smashed up against the wall and looks up to see Michael and Isabel at the other end)

Cody : Val!

( Cody runs over to Michael and Isabel. )

Cody : When will you two ever learn?

Isabel : What?

( Cody and Michael both raise their hands up at the same time and both of their powers bounce back against each other. Cody then leaps at Michael and they both start rolling around punching each other.)

Maria : Get him Michael!

( Cody and Michael both try to zap the other one with their powers, but it always gets knocked away. As Max and Liz are walking by to find the others, they see everyone down this street and run over to help out. Just about the same time, Cody pushes Michael’s hand away before it could get him and the force ends up knocking down a electrical wire up above Max and Liz. Val looks up to see the electrical wire hanging and with her speed, runs over to push Max and Liz out of the way before the wire kills them. )

Maria : Liz!

Isabel : Max!

( Michael and Cody both stop fighting and everyone runs over to see if they’re alright. Val gets up off of the ground and starts cracking her neck. Then she reaches both of her hands down and offers to help Max and Liz up. Max and Liz both look at each other unsure, but then take her hand. Isabel, Michael, Maria and Alex walk over beside Max while Cody stands next to Val, looking at each other.)

Max : Who are you?

Val : Let’s talk about this inside. I’m definitely going to catch a cold out here.

( Max nods his head and everyone leaves, but Val and Cody still have their eyes on Isabel and Michael. )

Later on inside the back room of the Crashdown…

Val : Okay, to make the long story short. We were your best friends from back home Max and now we’re here to help you.

Isabel : Were?

Val : Yeah, meaning we died. Actually you should know, you killed me Vilandra.

Max : Hey, she’s not Vilandra.

Val : Well, her dupe sure seems to carry a great resemblance to Vilandra.

Isabel : I’m not anything like Lonnie either.

( Val just nods her head )

Michael : Okay, go on.

Cody : Don’t worry, we’re not like alien ghosts or something.

Val : Which by the way would be kind of funny this time of year. Ya know, like..

Cody : The ghost of Christmas past.

( Everyone looks oddly at Cody and Val’s sense of humor. )

Val : Basically, we’re like you guys. Ya know, alien-human hybrids. We were sent later on a different ship just in case.

Max : Just in case of what?

Cody : Just in case you guys used the orbs, which sent out signals all over the planet to every single alien race out there..your enemies Max. Since you guys are the original royal four, your memory was basically wiped out, for the moment at least because it was too dangerous for you guys to know everything. It was better that you guys were kept a secret and that way the granolith wouldn’t be revealed so quickly when you were young and couldn’t protect it.

Michael : You know about the granolith?

Val : Yeah

Michael : So, you know what it’s used for?

Val : Not really. We know that it’s really powerful, but the only person who really knows what it does is the king.

Cody : Also, if you had memories from your past life..you wouldn’t be who you are today. Most likely, you could have turned out like your dupes.

Max : So, you’re protecting us from who?

Cody : Khivar, he’s out to kill do a Max assassination.

Val : Khivar ring a bell to you Isabel?

Isabel : No!

Liz : Max..

( Val notices Max reach out and hold Liz’s hand and she smiles. )

Tess : So you guys have been on your own this whole time?

Val : Not the whole time. But, you don’t need to hear about our boring old lives. We have gramps.

Alex : Gramps?

Val : Yeah, he’s our protector that came along with us.

Cody : We call him gramps cause he’s always uses the form of this old man. I don’t know why he likes it so much. So that’s what we call him.

Val : Senior discount that’s why.

Michael : So, you guys know everything about our past lives.

Cody : Not everything, like maybe…75% of it. They’re all just really blurry memory images though.

Liz : So, um..why is Khivar out to kill Max?

Val : Basically, he wants Max’s throne permanently. Max is the last connection to it..yada yada yada. And there are a lot of people who actually want to bring Max back home and regain order. So, with Max out of the way, nothing can stop him.

Max : They want me to return to the throne?

Cody : Well, yeah..you are the king.

( Max looks over at Liz. )

Val : Don’t worry, it’s not like she can’t come back with you. They all love the queen.

Liz : What? I..I..I’m not the queen.

( Everyone looks at Val puzzled. )

Val : You’re not? Then who is?

Tess : I am.

( Val and Cody both look at each other confused and then look back at how cozy and loving Max and Liz look with each other. )

Val : Woah..now I’m confused. If you’re the queen ( pointing to Tess ) then how come you’re sitting all the way over there while Max is giving Liz the goo goo eyes?

Liz : It’s a long story..

Cody : No, it doesn’t make sense. Max, well…the old Max loved and only loved one person. His bride, queen and expected mother of his child.

Max : Expected mother?

Val : Yeah..she was carrying your child and was killed before she was able to give birth.

( Everyone turns around and looks at Tess. )

Tess : Hey..I don’t know anything about that.

( Everyone then turns to look at Liz )

Liz : Don’t look at me! Last time I checked, I was human. This is crazy.

Val : Well, it’s you two who were destined for each other.

( Val turns to look at Tess and starts swinging her fingers between Max and Tess. )

Val : Or you two..

Maria : Wait a minute..but Michael and Isabel were also destined for each other.

Cody : What Michael and Isabel had was different. They didn’t love each other in that way. It was sort of an arranged marriage. ( Looking at Isabel ) Your mother thought that it would be best for everyone if you married Michael. Ya know what? I really can’t answer this. Val and I died before you guys were created so I don’t know what happened with the pods or anything else.

Val : We should wait for gramps..maybe he’ll clear this up.

Kyle : Where is he right now?

Val : Good question, where is he Cody?

Cody : I don’t know, maybe somewhere in Africa.

Maria : Africa?

Val : Yeah, we kind of ditched him while we were in Europe, but we left him a message and he should be on his way to Roswell.

Cody : I think you guys have had enough for tonight.

Alex : Yeah, it’s getting kind of late.

( Everyone gets up and starts to leave out to the front of the café. )

Isabel : ( to Val ) I’m sorry

Val : For what?

Isabel : Ya know, killing you.

Val : Don’t worry about it. Like you said, you’re not the same person.

Isabel : Thanks. So, umm..do you remember how you died?

Val : Not really. I remember seeing you and then it all being black and painful.

Isabel : Okay..

( Val leaves the back room and just as Isabel is about to follow, her cell phone rings. )

Isabel: Hello?

Grant : Hey, it’s me.

The next morning of Christmas Eve in the Valenti’s house…

( Kyle walks pass by Tess’s room and sees her looking depressed. )

Kyle : What’s wrong?

Tess : Nothing…

( Kyle walks into the room and sits next to Tess on the bed )

Kyle : You’re still thinking about what Val said last night huh?

Tess : I couldn’t sleep all night. It sucks cause I thought I knew who I was and why I was brought here. But now, I don’t even know who I am anymore.

Kyle : Yes you do.

Tess : Then who am I?

Kyle : You’re Tess, plain and simple.

Tess : Just Tess huh?

Kyle : Why? Do you want to be more? Like the queen?

Tess : No. When I thought I was Max’s bride, I felt like I was part of something. And I know that Max loves Liz, but I still felt like I was part of a family, this connection to him and Isabel and Michael. Now, who am I without that?

Kyle : I don’t know. I think that’s something you’ll have to find out for yourself. Take me for example. I don’t feel like I’m the same Kyle from before since Max healed me. I’ve changed so..who am I now? At least I’ve got a sense of spiritual peace with myself.

Tess : You’re not trying to convert me to Buddhism now are you?

Meanwhile at the Crashdown…

( Maria and Liz are talking behind the counter. )

Liz : Stop looking at me like that.

Maria : Like what?

Liz : You know what I’m talking about.

Maria : I can’t help it ya know? My best friend, a queen.

Liz : Maria, shut up!

Maria : Okay..okay. I’m just messing with you. But it’s kind of weird though ya know? What Val and Cody said does make sense. Why did Max fall in love with you when he was destined for someone else? And…for crying out loud when he was like 7 years old or something right? It’s gotta make you wonder.

Liz : This is nuts. I’m not an alien.

Maria : Alright, I’ll stop. I know, you’re human and I love you that way.

Liz : But what if..

Maria : What if?

Liz : Max and Tess really are..

Maria : Stop! Enough! Let’s not start that all over again. I’m having enough problems as it is with Michael and having to sit through you guys too, my head it literally going to explode.

( Val and Cody enter the Crashdown and sit at the counter near Liz and Maria. )

Liz : Hi

Val : ( to Liz ) So, what’s the breakfast special your highness?

( Maria starts to laugh as Liz walks away rolling her eyes with a smile. )

Cody : You know that we still have to keep a look out for the others.

Val : Don’t worry, my radar screen is set and ready.

Maria : Do you guys even know who these umm..( whispers ) assassins are?

Cody : ( whispers ) No..

Maria : Oh..wait a minute, how do we know that you guys aren’t the ones?

Val : Ooh, she’s a clever one. How do we know you’re not one of them?

Maria : I guess you’ll never know.

Later that evening at the Crashdown…

( The whole gang is at a private little Christmas Eve party along with Val and Cody, family and several other friends. Everyone looks like they’re having a good time with Christmas music pumped in the back.)

Mrs. Evans : Okay, who wants some eggnog?

( Mr. Evans carries out a large glass bowl of eggnog out from the back room )

Mrs. Evans : Get them while they’re hot.

( Cody goes over to drink some eggnog and makes a funny face after taking a sip. )

Cody : Who says they’re hot? Not hot enough if you ask me.

( Cody grabs a bottle of Tabasco sauce from behind the counter and pours some inside the bowl. )

Cody : That’s more like it.

( Val sees Liz sitting by herself at a table and goes over to talk to her.)

Val : Are you okay?

Liz : Yeah..I’m fine

( Val looks up to see Max and Tess talking across the room. )

Val : You wanna hear what I think?

Liz : Sure..

Val : Even if Tess is really who she’s suppose to be, it’s obvious to me that Max loves you and I’ve only been here for two days. You shouldn’t get yourself worried or jealous about it. Don’t do anything stupid like pushing Max to Tess or giving them a chance to be together because of this destiny thing. Simply, guys are stupid and they wouldn’t know what’s up if it hit them right on the nose. Seriously, the women are the real power behind them. Where would Cody be without me? Lost!

Liz : Are you two like together?

Val : No no..we’re best friends. He’s like family to me. Okay, from a girl to a girl..technically speaking. If Tess does try and make a move for Max, my advice to you is to fight back. Ya know, stick your face in her face and let her know that Max is yours, otherwise..she could very well end up getting him in the end if you back off. Trust me, I know it personally.

Liz : So, like exgirlfriends stole guys from you before?

Val : Yeah right, like they could ever. I’ve always been the ex’s honey.

( Val gives Liz a little wink and walks off. As she passes by the counter, she sees the bottle of Tabasco on the counter and pours some inside the bowl of eggnog. )

Maria : Michael? ( poking her head in the backroom and sees Michael putting something in her locker ) What are you doing?

Michael : I just..( holds out a gifted present with a smile ) wanted to put your present in your locker.

( Maria walks inside with a kiddish smile )

Maria : My present?

Michael : Yeah, I was going to give it to you tomorrow when I’m over at your house for Christmas, but then I thought I’d stuff it in here cause I wanted you to think that I forgot to get you a present and then you’ll get on my case about it and when you find it in your locker the next day, you’ll feel all guilty for bitching at me and have it blow back in your face.

Maria : Oooh..great plan.

Michael : Well..I gotta have my fun for this holiday too.

Maria : So, you’re going over to my house for Christmas?

Michael : Yeah..

Maria : Cause you want to be there?

Michael : Cause I want to be there…

Maria : Since you have my present, can I open it now?

Michael : Why not.

( Maria happily opens up her present and takes out a big bottle of M&M candies. )

Maria : Candy? Well, at least it’s better than shampoo.

Michael : Ya know, your name starts with an M and mine starts with an M..so..M&Ms.

Maria : Oh my god! Michael! That is the sweetest thing ever. Thank you. I love it!

Back outside the front…

( Cody and Kyle and talking. )

Kyle : So, how are the European babes like?

Cody : You’ve got your hot ones and you’ve got your not so hot ones.

Kyle : Not so hot ones, like the ones who don’t shave their pits?

Cody : No, those are the hot ones.

( Kyle gives Cody this disgusted and weird look. )

Cody : How about you? Blondes or brunettes?

Kyle : At first brunettes, but now…I think blondes. ( Looking over at Tess )

( Michael and Maria are walking out from the back and over to Cody and Kyle. )

Maria : Hey guys, who wants some M&Ms?

( Michael sees the bottle of Tabasco sauce on the counter and decides to pour some into the eggnog. )

Val : You want to get her attention?

Alex : What?

( Val looks over at Isabel talking to some guy friends. )

Val : You’ve got it bad for her.

Alex : That noticeable huh?

Val : Just a tad..

Alex : Does it make me look pathetic?

Val : No, it just shows you’re the loyal kind and who will stick by her side no matter what. But ya know what else it shows?

Alex : What?

Val : That she would take you for granted cause she knows that you’ll always be there. The best way to get her attention and to notice you is to make her jealous.

Alex : Jealous? Right and who would ever help me out with that? I’m like the last guy on all of the girls list for dates and probably not even on many lists at all.

( Val grabs Alex and gives him and big kiss. Isabel looks over and doesn’t look too thrilled at the spectacle. )

Val : There, now you know that you’re at least on my list.

Alex : Ugh..okay…

( Val walks away smiling and giving Alex and pat on the back. )

Val : ( whispers to Alex ) I think you’ve got her attention now.

( Alex looks up to see Isabel walking over to him. )

Out in Liz’s bedroom balcony…

( Liz is standing all alone and looking up at the night sky. She turns around smiling to see Max come out. )

Liz : Hey..

Max : What are you doing out here?

( Max goes to wrap his jacket around Liz. )

Max : It’s kind of cold..

Liz : I was just thinking..

Max : About what?

Liz : If we really make our own destiny and if I did change the future.

Max : I think you did.

Liz : How do you know that?

Max : It’s just a feeling..and also, if you didn’t change it than I don’t think that we’d be standing here right now. I’d probably be sitting somewhere staring up at the sky wondering if you’re also staring up there thinking of me too.

Liz : I would..

Max : And we’d both be having a miserable Christmas. About this destiny thing..

Liz : Max, you don’t have to say anything. I think we’re both sick enough hearing about it. I know already, you don’t have to..

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.