FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 9
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Kyle lay in his bed staring at the ceiling. What was going on with him? He'd been unable to sleep all night because he was thinking about Tess. He'd thought for sure that when she moved into their house they'd become a couple. That just wasn't the case. He found himself struggling more with her now, than he did when he thought he liked Aliyah. He was afraid his feelings for her would show through. Just like the other morning that he grabbed her hand. After he'd done it, he realized he'd made a big mistake, but when she didn't pull away, he didn't let go. He couldn't get her off his mind. What was she doing? Sleeping probably. Was she dreaming? If she was, what was she dreaming about? So many questions played through his mind. He turned over and looked at the clock. 7:00 AM, couldn't hurt to see if she was up. He tiptoed down the hall and into her room. She was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring out the window. He knocked before entering.

"Mind if I come in?" He asked.

She turned and smiled. "What are you doing up so early? It's Saturday. You should be catching up on some sleep."

"What are you doing up so early?" He fired back, sitting down beside her on the bed.

"I asked you first." She flirted.

He smiled. "I thought maybe I'd come in and get some advice." He didn't know what he was going to say after that, but he surely couldn't tell her he couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Oh, I see." She said. "I was just watching the sun come up. It's so beautiful, almost perfect. I've never seen something more beautiful than a sunrise."

"I have." Kyle said. Immediately he realized he'd said it out loud. Good going, Romeo.

"You have?" She asked. "I would like to know what Kyle Valenti thinks is more beautiful than a sunrise."

"Never mind," he said. "I was just being goofy."

Her eyes never left his. "No you weren't. What were you going to say?"

Kyle was dumbstruck. He had no clue what he was going to tell her. He just couldn't come right out and tell her she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, even more beautiful than a sunrise. He thought back to when he was younger. Surely there was something buried deep in his brain that he considered somewhat beautiful. The only words that kept coming to mind were Tess, Tess, Tess. "Stars." He said plainly. He was sure he would have to elaborate. "Shooting stars. Falling from heaven, across the sky. It reminds me there is a whole world that is out there and I've only been able to see one small portion. To me, a falling star is the most beautiful thing in the world." Score one for Kyle!

"That's so sweet." She said, nudging up against him. "I never thought about shooting stars. They are beautiful."

He decided to change the subject before he said something he shouldn't. "About the advice," he began. "Prom is coming up. I was trying to decide between going by myself or with Alicia Davenport. What do you think I should do?"

Tess smiled. She loved that Kyle was coming to her for advice. Unfortunately he'd also said Alicia Davenport instead of Tess. She didn't mind though. She figured Kyle thought of her as a sister. "Well, I've never been to a Prom before so I don't know which would be better." She said.

Kyle looked at her. "You've never been? Are you going to go?" He asked.

"Nope, never been." She said. "And I don't plan on going. Why would I want to go somewhere where I didn't know anyone?"

"You'd know me." He said, smiling. "I'd be there."

"Yeah, but you'd probably have a date. I'd look like the big third wheel." She said.

"How about you and I go together then?" Shut-up Kyle! What are you saying? She is going to think you are some sick psycho.

Tess smiled. "Really?" She asked. She hoped she wasn't sounding too eager.

"Yeah, I mean, it'll be fun." Kyle moved a little so that their shoulders were no longer touching. He was definitely going to melt if he didn't move.

"Ok," she said, standing up. "I'll go. We'll have a blast."

Kyle stood up too. He couldn't believe that he and Tess were going to be out on a date. He stopped for a moment. No, not a date. They were going as brother and sister. Before he could thoroughly analyze the situation, Tess put her arms around him and hugged him. Kyle felt all his muscles go weak and it was all he could do to stay standing.

The minute Tess hugged Kyle a connection was made. She could see how he was feeling. She hugged him tighter afraid that he might fall. She didn't know she had that effect on him. So Kyle did like her. She broke the connection as quickly as it had been made. She looked up at Kyle, arms still around each other. "I'm glad we're going together." She said. She lifted her lips and brushed them lightly against his. She moved past Kyle and walked out of the room.

Kyle stood still as he watched her walk out of the room. She had kissed him. Kyle smiled to himself. Maybe she felt the same way about him as he did for her. He smiled to himself. This was definitely going to be the best Prom ever.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.