FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 8
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Max rolled over and put his arms around Liz. She was so beautiful in the early morning sunlight. He had totally lost track of time. It was 6:30 in the morning. He kissed Liz gently on the forehead and sat up. He grabbed his jeans off the floor and slipped them on. He walked over to the window and looked outside. It was going to be a beautiful day. He knew he had to leave soon. He couldn't risk getting caught in Liz's room, especially after the night they'd shared. Max looked over at Liz and smiled. He walked over to the edge of the bed and set down. "Liz." He said, brushing some of her hair away from her face. "I'm going."

Liz opened her eyes and smiled. "So soon?" She asked. She raised her head up and kissed him. "I'll call you later. Last night was-" She couldn't find the words to describe it. She just smiled.

"Magical." Max added.

"Yeah." Was all she said.

Max kissed Liz one more time and crawled out her window. He was lucky that she had a room with an exit. He'd hate to have to be the boy sneaking through her parent's house at 6:30 just so he could go home. He jumped in his jeep and headed for his house. He knew he'd have to do some explaining to Isabel. She was always up. Lucky for him, he wouldn't necessarily have to tell her the truth. They had worked on looking through the journal before they got sidetracked. In fact, they'd found a lot of information. Max didn't think Isabel needed to know what Liz and Max did when they were alone. He pulled into the driveway and entered the house quietly. Isabel was sitting on the couch.

"Where have you bee?" She asked, jumping up.

"At Liz's." He said, walking past her and stretching out on the couch. He leaned his head back and pretended to be asleep.

"Max," Isabel began. "It's 6:30 in the morning."

He looked at Isabel. "So? We were working on that journal. Iz, you won't believe what we found."

Isabel looked at Max. That wasn't the only thing they'd done last night. She could tell by the way he was acting. She decided to play along with him and not ask questions. "Like what?" She asked.

"Our home planet is Aardon, pronounced R-Don. Our father is the equivalent of the president. He's the leader. Our destinies, they never existed. Aliyah made that whole story up. Michael's father is second in command. We have another brother." He stopped and smiled at Isabel. "Our brother is younger than us and he stayed with our mother. That means there are four of us. Michael has some siblings too. One of them is missing, while the other, I think it's a brother, has been trying to get in contact with Michael. They are still on Aardon though."

Isabel sat down on the couch in shock. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "For once, I'm actually starting to believe I have a past." She said smiling. "It's our history Max. We're from a long line of leaders."

Max laughed. "Our grandfather was also the leader, before our father took over. I was to take over when it was time, but they lost us in the Crash." Max looked down. "They think we are dead. But I know they have to believe we're alive now because our father saw us. I just hope he remembers."

Isabel handed Max the two journal entries that she and Alex had marked. He looked at them and shook his head. "Poor Tess." He said. "Did you hear anything from Michael and Maria?"

"Not since last night. I figured I'd give Michael a call later on. I tried Maria's but no one answered." She said.

"Well I'm going to go upstairs and get a little sleep." He said, standing up. "Let me know when you talk to Michael." He said.

"I will." Isabel said.

She walked over to the phone and dialed Michael's number. She knew it was early, but that was ok. On the third ring a female voice picked up.

"Hello?" Maria asked.

"Maria?" She asked. "What are you doing there?"

"Iz, hey.um.Michael will call you back." She stammered.

"No problem.did I wake you guys?" She asked.

"No," she hesitated. "I'm leaving so I have to go." She hung up the phone before Isabel could respond.

Isabel dropped the phone into the holder. That answered the mystery as to where Maria was.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.