FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 28
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
They all stared at Taye. What was he talking about? Nasedo couldn't be dead; he was their only hope in returning to earth.

Max stood up. "What?!?!" He asked

Taye shook his head. "I know it doesn't make sense." He began. "But while I was there, your brother and father killed him.

"Why?" Michael asked. "What did he do?"

"He didn't do anything. They were just afraid he'd warn you and try to help you escape. I'm sorry. I had no time to set him free." Taye said, looking away.

Isabel put her head in her hands as she began to cry. They would never get home now.

Maria put her arm around Isabel's shoulder. "It'll be ok. We'll figure out something."

"What do we do now?" Tess asked, looking at Taye.

"Nasedo knew he was going to die." Taye began. "When I went to free him, he connected to me. I saw everything he saw. Some of the flashes even included how to fly the ship. I think I can navigate it back to earth."

"Seriously?" Max asked.

Taye nodded his head. He could see that he had everyone's attention. "Nasedo wants you away from here as soon as possible. He was sorry he ever asked you to come." Taye's voice lowered. "I want to leave tonight before Ian or your fathers have a chance to notice anything strange. Ten months is a long time to be gone."

"Ten months!" Isabel exclaimed. "I thought we'd only been gone eight?"

"By the time we land on earth, ten months will have gone by. So much will have changed, but you should be able to step right back into your life." Taye explained. "It will take some time to adjust though. Things on earth could certainly be much worse now than when you left."

Michael stood up beside Max and pulled Maria to her feet. "Let's get out of here." He said.

Taye wasn't sure he could navigate the ship, but he'd promised Nasedo he'd return the group safely to earth. Everyone followed him onto the ship. It was all up to him now. He moved to the side so the others could get passed him. Michael stopped in front of him. He didn't know what to expect. Was he going to hit him?

"Thanks." Michael said, extending his hand. "If I can help you in any way, let me know."

"I will." Taye said with a smile. "And you're welcome."

They all gathered around the control panel in the ships main compartment. None of them would rest easy until they were on earth. Taye brought back the connection he'd made with Nasedo and pushed a couple buttons. The ship groaned slightly and rattled to a start. So far so good. He pushed a couple of more buttons and ever so slowly they begin to feel it moving. Gradually it gained speed. All that was left to do was get it off the ground. Taye pulled back on the control stick and instantly they were up in the air.

Michael turned to Maria. He couldn't believe they were actually heading towards home. That's definitely what earth was. He looked out the window as they made their way through the atmosphere and out into space. There was no way he'd ever miss that place. Ever!

Part 27 | Index | Part 29
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.